General [M]ayhem

General [M]ayhem (http://www.genmay.com/index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.genmay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Official World of Warcraft Thread (http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=831394)

el borracho 09-01-2010 03:49 PM

Official World of Warcraft Thread

ITT: WOW

New Zone lv's,

[IMG]http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/levelflow670.jpg[/IMG]

el borracho 09-01-2010 03:49 PM

Welcome.

DigitalMocking 09-01-2010 03:52 PM

WoW has seen quite the decline on my server recently, we're over 9 months into the last raid instance of Wrath, and I don't think you can count Ruby Sanctum as a raid instance. Its a lot of trash and a boss.

Cataclysm is due out by the end of the year, most folks have either stepped away or have scaled back quite a bit from raiding and other WoW pursuits. I'm pretty much in the same boat myself. I've got a couple of alts I want reasonably geared to help speed up the journey to 85, but that's about it.

Activision has said multiple times we'll see Cata before year's end, I'm hoping its ready.

el borracho 09-01-2010 03:55 PM

i dropped 6 months ago. it was only fun when it was all new and we were doing 5/10 mans with a core group of people we knew and liked. no one got butt hurt, we all played different classes, and if we didn't, we got a long alright. now that all the mystery is over, and it's more of a grind than normal, i really don't know why people keep playing during the twilight hours. it's not as if there's going to be some midnight judges that are going to kick the shit into what you've been doing for the past year.

DigitalMocking 09-01-2010 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=El Borracho;24482519]i dropped 6 months ago. it was only fun when it was all new and we were doing 5/10 mans with a core group of people we knew and liked. no one got butt hurt, we all played different classes, and if we didn't, we got a long alright. now that all the mystery is over, and it's more of a grind than normal, i really don't know why people keep playing during the twilight hours. it's not as if there's going to be some midnight judges that are going to kick the shit into what you've been doing for the past year.[/QUOTE]

I had one goal in playing again the last few months, and that was to clear Heroic LK (and in some small way, heroic Halion), its looking more and more like that's not going to happen. My guild is sinking in quicksand like so many. Our server went from 8 progression guilds to really 3 now and the 2nd and 3rd place guilds aren't happy.

If we can't make some actual progress in the next couple of weeks, I'm just going to hang it up until Cata. Hell, I've already shut down the majority of my accounts. I only have 1 main account active, that's down from 5.

el borracho 09-01-2010 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=DigitalMocking;24482545]I had one goal in playing again the last few months, and that was to clear Heroic LK (and in some small way, heroic Halion), its looking more and more like that's not going to happen. My guild is sinking in quicksand like so many. Our server went from 8 progression guilds to really 3 now and the 2nd and 3rd place guilds aren't happy.

If we can't make some actual progress in the next couple of weeks, I'm just going to hang it up until Cata. Hell, I've already shut down the majority of my accounts. I only have 1 main account active, that's down from 5.[/QUOTE]

once we stopped doing 10 mans on the reg i lost it. outside of that the only thing i was interested in was arenas, and that was a fucking pain in the dick when you needed pve weapons the entire fucking time. if you could buy last season's weapons doing bg's, i might've stayed longer. that was the best part about rolling a new toon in bc.

KangarooMolester 09-01-2010 06:53 PM

Pointless "first page lulz" post.

But on a serious note, I am so fucking tired of my guild. We have had to gdkp ICC 25 for like the last 6 weeks because people are too god damn lazy to show up.

You know, I would actually like to kill some 25 man heroic bosses and maybe even kill LK one day. Hell, I would love to kill Halion as well, but my guild has ZERO interest in it. Fucking :tard:s

KangarooMolester 09-01-2010 06:54 PM

I also noticed that DM closed the other WoW thread about 10 min before I left for work this morning. :lol: I so could have gotten the last word in.

Edit: 50,929 posts, 2,265,258 views... You will be missed. All 225 pages @ 200 PPP. :lol: :heart: :(

trumpcard 09-01-2010 06:56 PM

I'm just curious, why did the other wow thread get killed?

I haven't stepped foot into any thing endgame in like 9 months, and only played for a short while with my girlfriend a couple months ago.

Scatman 09-01-2010 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=trumpcard;24482763]I'm just curious, why did the other wow thread get killed?

I haven't stepped foot into any thing endgame in like 9 months, and only played for a short while with my girlfriend a couple months ago.[/QUOTE]
DM argues that vBulletin's fit hits the shan when threads get really big.

On topic of WoW, I cancelled my subscription a couple weeks ago, but I'm thinking about getting back into it. I'm not a big raider. I was leveling a resto shaman and a priest. At lvl 42, I think my shaman got from 15-42 all from randoms :lol:.

mork 09-01-2010 08:41 PM

I just started my first character a few weeks ago. but i need to find a good active guild.

Biospider 09-01-2010 08:56 PM

WoW thread need to look yellow, otherwise I don't feel at home in this forum.

Electrikfuzz050 09-01-2010 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=Biospider;24482940]WoW thread need to look yellow, otherwise I don't feel at home in this forum.[/QUOTE]

Bill 09-01-2010 10:18 PM

[QUOTE=Biospider;24482940]WoW thread need to look yellow, otherwise I don't feel at home in this forum.[/QUOTE]

^

Also, I am sad to see the other thread go.

Quick, someone start an intelligent discussion before Ghettoaids gets here!

d4rkspike 09-01-2010 10:26 PM

Uh, why in the world did we close the last one?