General [M]ayhem

General [M]ayhem (http://www.genmay.com/index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.genmay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Wii U? (http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=841791)

KrEy0nZ 11-01-2012 08:57 AM

Wii U?

So the next Nintendo console drops this month. 11 / 18. Anyone pre order, or plan on grabbing it? I have the Deluxe one on order but meh, idk. Nintendo has left such a bad taste in my mouth since Gamecube, i'm hesitant to dive back in.

grjr 11-01-2012 12:34 PM

wii had some fun games but replay value dropped off fast.. or maybe it's just because I've gotten older and don't really play video games anymore.

Xcric 11-01-2012 12:45 PM

wii games never felt like they had any depth. there were some alright party games, but outside of that it was either the same ole stuff, or stuff that felt like it was better suited to a console from 1990. great for kids. completely unappealing to older gamers. its going to really have to wow me to get me to buy one considering my wii turned into nothing more than something to watch netflix on.

TornadoCreator 11-01-2012 03:15 PM

Never been much of a Nintendo fan myself. SNES was their last great console IMHO, (not that the N64, GameCube, Wii are bad, just not great). Still, I'm looking at the WiiU and it seems pretty good. Decent games at launch, plays smooth and crisp, and most importantly it feels different to the PS3 and Xbox 360 from what I've seen so far, which is good, after all I don't need another console with exactly the same types of games. It's also backwards compatible with the Wii so I could pick up Zelda: Skyward Sword, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower which are pretty much the only Wii games that interest me enough to buy. I'm still interested.

I'm planning on getting a WiiU, probably next spring when the first price drop inevitably happens. Hopefully I won't regret it, but I'm in no rush. I only got my PS3 this summer so I've got plenty of games to keep me occupied for now.

janetfdoss 05-03-2015 11:51 PM

Great post by you. I really enjoyed your post here

pyramid 05-04-2015 01:58 AM

janetfdoss knows posts.

that was a very good post.

thank you for pointing out how awesome that post from 2012 was, internet archivist.

shockthemonkey2 05-04-2015 06:58 AM

There certainly wasn't any...

:cool:

Post haste.

edoardo-bluframe 12-14-2015 01:12 PM

I've had a Wii U since launch and still have it.

Personally I really like it - it's a completely different experience from traditional consoles, as always with Nintendo.

But I do also have a PS4 for the more mainstream games.

why_ask_why 12-27-2015 06:26 AM

Sweet resurrection by the douche bot.

I bought the Wiiu launch day and have close to 40 boxed titles, if not more at this point, and another dozen games downloaded. PC and Wiiu are the best hybrid for years now.

tedbear 01-27-2016 03:04 PM

Did not have it directly after the day it came out but some time after it - and play it ever since I have ordered it - for me still quite fun.

Killer_B 01-30-2016 03:06 AM

I'd make some variety of inflammatory comment to the last two douche spambots, but I suppose it is best for everyone, that I remain silent.

...........................................................................Wait.

joe nathan 02-04-2016 01:47 PM

even if for nothing else but to be used as a netflix remote control, it was a great console, just lacking in titles.

i play it often enough.
as much as i can play any of my 15+ childr- i mean consoles.

Baloneyflaps 02-04-2016 06:17 PM

Go suck a fuck

jenengbingung 02-18-2016 05:17 AM

I feel about it and love learning more on this topic