General [M]ayhem

General [M]ayhem (http://www.genmay.com/index.php)
-   Everyday Life. (http://www.genmay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   did you write some poetry for Valentine's day already? (http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=848865)

tedbear 01-27-2016 03:28 PM

did you write some poetry for Valentine's day already?

Hello out there!
I wanted to ask around as Valentine's Day is not that far now - do you normally write love letters or poems to your loved ones? Or ist this too old-fashioned for you? Maybe there is one or more personen around writing on a professional basis?

aoeoae 01-27-2016 03:42 PM

valentine's day was canceled some time ago.

tedbear 01-29-2016 03:52 PM

Was cancelled some years ago???? :D Uhm, was there a reason for that?
And thank you for that awesome poem - haha i had a laugh...
But is there really noone writing any stuff, maybe also besides Valentine's Day?

SugarSandy 03-04-2016 05:48 AM

What an awful poem BlisterDick posted… :/ Thank god, my boyfriend wrote a really beautiful one for me! He doesn’t write on a professional basis, but his best friend does and has even published a book filled with beautiful poems! Most of them are really sad, because he wrote them when he had incredible love sickness due to his ex- girlfriend… but they are really beautiful and deserve to be published ;) Though I am not a romantic person, I have read every single one of them.. now, my boyfriend definitely tries to make a romantic person out of me by writing poems and sending flowers to me :P (I guess he is a bit jealous because of his best friends book) Due to that, he got a candlelight dinner in return the last time, he came home with flowers :P))

RuHo 03-04-2016 07:02 AM

if you don't give him anal for trying to write some shitty fucking poem (TO GET FUCKING ANAL IN THE FIRST PLACE, THAT'S WHY), you're a bad person

tedbear 03-04-2016 09:40 AM

And did he already have contact to a publishing house or anything related? Like there is a lot of ways to get publsihed, from magazines to vanity publishers to blogs ...?
And well, sometimes it is the sad time we are experiencing that brings out our richest skills.

Typhoon43 03-04-2016 09:44 AM

Or, you know, you could MOVE THE FUCK ON WITH LIFE, which tends to reap greater rewards that feeling fucking miserable for yourself just because some girl "hurt" you :lol:

Baloneyflaps 03-04-2016 10:02 AM

[QUOTE=SugarSandy;25514242]What an awful poem BlisterDick posted… :/ Thank god, my boyfriend wrote a really beautiful one for me! He doesn’t write on a professional basis, but his best friend does and has even published a book filled with beautiful poems! Most of them are really sad, because he wrote them when he had incredible love sickness due to his ex- girlfriend… but they are really beautiful and deserve to be published ;) Though I am not a romantic person, I have read every single one of them.. now, my boyfriend definitely tries to make a romantic person out of me by writing poems and sending flowers to me :P (I guess he is a bit jealous because of his best friends book) Due to that, he got a candlelight dinner in return the last time, he came home with flowers :P))[/QUOTE]

What a wad of bitches:lol:

tedbear 03-13-2016 07:50 AM

And in any ways - nobody is a bit** - as long as it comes upt to me ;) For me writing is not only limited to poems, there can be so much more in it, writing a novel would be high-end, that feeling of holding your own book in your own hands, damn good!

RuHo 03-13-2016 07:51 AM

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vkF-k56b2g[/url]

SugarSandy 03-24-2016 10:19 AM

[QUOTE=tedbear;25514371]And in any ways - nobody is a bit** - as long as it comes upt to me ;) For me writing is not only limited to poems, there can be so much more in it, writing a novel would be high-end, that feeling of holding your own book in your own hands, damn good![/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you in every sense ;) Becoming a published author, though you are green to this, must be an incredible feeling! After my boyfriends’ friend told us, that novum publishing is willing to accept his manuscript, we didn’t believe him… especially because we didn’t know, that he is that talented, since then. But now, we are really proud of him! Not only because he can hold his own book in his own hands, but also because he found a rather impressive way to deal with his own feelings ;)

RuHo 03-28-2016 07:31 AM

tee hee ;)

BlisterDick 03-28-2016 03:24 PM

cooz needs to lay off the commas

tedbear 03-31-2016 03:18 PM

But as a last question - he had to pay it or not? And what was included?
@ Blister: well, yes! Just put it down!

SugarSandy 04-03-2016 07:47 AM

Yep, he had to pay a small amount but he got things like editorial, layout, graphics, advertising and PR etc. in return. As far as I can remember, you can choose between three different packages but normally, they are specified to the authors’ preferences ;) furthermore, you will have to fill out a questionnaire at the beginning of the “process”, which includes questions about layout, graphics and so on… they will consider your preferences regarding to those topics and due to that, they won’t make any decision without the authors permission ;)