General [M]ayhem

General [M]ayhem (http://www.genmay.com/index.php)
-   Bone Closet (http://www.genmay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Getting a girl to stop talking to me.. (http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=794753)

Electrikfuzz050 07-28-2008 09:44 PM

Getting a girl to stop talking to me..

So I dated this girl for about a year, and it ended in may. We continued to talk as friends (I wanted to get back with her at the time) and we'd still do couple things and act like we were together. She's done a lot of shitty things to me in the past (other guys namely, but not outright cheating on me) and we fought a fair amount. In the past two weeks, I've seemed to have gotten over her more than I have since we broke up, and I find myself getting annoyed with her and just not wanting to talk to her in general.

But the problem is this. I still care about her feelings, and I know it doesn't make her feel good to be ignored by me. I've tried telling her that I don't want to talk, but it doesn't fly with her. She's on to a new guy now, (I don't think it'll last, she likes guys too easily, without getting to know them first) but she still wants to talk to me. I'm hoping that things with her and this new guy work out, so she talks to him more and leaves me alone, but I doubt that'll happen.

So basically what I'm asking is how do I stop talking to her without hurting her feelings?

Cliffs:
1. Dated girl for a year, broke up in may.
2. In the past two weeks I've really gotten over her and decided I don't want to talk to her anymore.
3. No profit.

FM 2347 07-28-2008 09:48 PM

I don't see how you could have any sympathy for this girl.

She broke up with you, she cheated on you, she's seeing another guy, and she wants to use you as an emotional blanket. You said she did a lot of shitty things to you in the past so I'd remember that shit and ignore her. If a stinky, needy, homeless guy wanted to keep talking to you how would you get him to stop talking to you?

HalfLifer 07-28-2008 09:50 PM

Lets see...

Did alot of shitty things to you...other guys namely...fought a fair amount too. You're annoyed with her, dont want to talk to her...you say you're over her...but you care about her feelings. Guess what. She was shitty to you, who gives a damn about her feelings. Who cares who shes dating. Ignore her and move on, case closed.

Dominion 07-28-2008 09:58 PM

[quote=Electrikfuzz050;22945723]
[B][SIZE=3]But the problem is this. I still care about her feelings.[/SIZE][/B]
[/quote]

You need to stop caring about her feelings and worry about yourself. That's really the only thing you should worry about right now.

What do you owe her, that you feel so tied to her?

She took advantage of you, and had her own agendas. Be your own person, and get the hell away from that black void.

Assyrian 07-28-2008 10:20 PM

lol you still want her.

cut the cord

GizmoChopShop 07-28-2008 10:24 PM

sounds similar hah. Anyway you need to stop caring about her life. Quick tip, pick up hobbies to spend your spare time with ect. go TO VERY VERY big lengths to ignoring her.

This is what i did, because i'm almost positive you two probably used the L word at least once or twice right.

Next time you are talking to her, ask this question. do you love him (and don't get emotional about it). Say it seriously, we all know she doesn't, but that's not the point. The point is she's moved on (or hasn't) and her reaction will prove that.

When she doesn't want to respond it will be all the response you need to move the fuck on and snap into realizing that you in fact don't give a fuck about her emotional bullshit and that you should have never given a fuck what so ever.

Some people might not agree with that question, but it's a sure fire way to reach a reaction in which won't draw things out further.

Gooch 07-29-2008 06:21 AM

[QUOTE=Electrikfuzz050;22945723]I still care about her feelings ............. She's on to a new guy now, (I don't think it'll last, she likes guys too easily, without getting to know them first) [/QUOTE]

seems like you still like her dude, just straight up tell her that you don't want to talk to her ever again and that it's nothing personal. I did that to an ex at the end of 2007 and I have been having a pretty great year so far. Do it.

BuSH 07-29-2008 08:08 AM

Sounds to me like a Keysor Soze is in order. Delete the broad from your life. Easier said than done but it always works long term.

guns&cigarettes 07-29-2008 11:18 AM

Uh, stop talking to her. You're better off hurting her feelings in the short run than allowing her to drag out the dull pain of being unwanted in the long run. Suck it up and stop answering her calls.

DZ 07-29-2008 02:15 PM

Dad?

Skyline4life 07-29-2008 03:02 PM

I hear you man. I was in the same thing with an ex..

But you know what? I said to my self 'Fuck it. Shes dead to me.' and haven't talked to her in the past 4 months? (broke up 3 months ago)

red|dragon 07-29-2008 04:29 PM

If she's not going to fuck you, then why the hell are you talking to her? Stop wasting your time and spend it talking to girls who can potentially fuck you.

LAZERGUNPEWPEW 07-29-2008 04:31 PM

There is something going on here that you might not be admitting. If you were over her, and didn't care and wanted to just end it and kill the connections you would have no problem telling her you don't want to talk. You don't need to give her a reasons, just tell her you have some.

It sounds to me like you're in a way keeping her on "hold" so maybe if she changes you can get a foot in the door. Or you like having her around to do those relationship type things even tho you're not in one.

If you were seriously done with her you could have cut the cord. And don't act like "she doesn't let" you not talk to her. You can block phone numbers, and e-mails, and IM contacts. If she makes new e-mails you can blockthem too. The Ball IS in your court, something is preventing you from doing it. You aren't going to hurt her feelings, you don't owe her anything, and if she doesn't understand this, than its her ignorance and lack of reason hurting her feelings, not your actions to regain independence.

SweetAndLew 07-29-2008 04:59 PM

[QUOTE=Skyline4life;22947058]I hear you man. I was in the same thing with an ex..

But you know what? I said to my self 'Fuck it. Shes dead to me.' and haven't talked to her in the past 4 months? (broke up 3 months ago)[/QUOTE]

So you were dating for an entire month without talking?

To the OP:

Perhaps you still are considerate to her feelings because you two have a lot of history together and she knows a bunch of personal stuff about you that you wouldn't want shared with anyone else. So you feel the need to still keep in contact with her so she doesn't get mad at you for ignoring her and subsequently telling everyone your secrets.

Edit: This is just a guess to why you may feel the need to continue to be in contact with her. The other posts seem pretty relevant too.

DZ 07-29-2008 08:22 PM

on a serious note.. to the OP, why do you think your ex and the new guy won't last, just because she likes guy easily? why is this an indicator that it won't last? I need help in this area, to keep a girl interested longer...