General [M]ayhem

General [M]ayhem (http://www.genmay.com/index.php)
-   CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet (http://www.genmay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What do you use for remote access/remote support? (http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=837048)

GhEttOrAiD 07-13-2011 04:56 PM

What do you use for remote access/remote support?

I just finished a trial with RapidAssist... Fuckers want $129/mo or $20 per day which I guess isn't a problem but I was expecting it to cost a LOT less. It's not that bad when I think about it, I charge my customers enough that I could keep a license paid for but I don't think I quite have enough of a customer base yet to totally justify it.

During my trial I had problems where I would get bumped out of remote control of the persons machine when I would open administrative tools panels or msconfig, and I would have to completely disconnect them and reconnect to reassume control. So I don't think RA is an option.

What do you guys use?

U Caught The Gay 07-13-2011 05:05 PM

Didn't we do this already?

Teamviewer.
LogMeIn (meh)
UltraVNC

RedEyes 07-13-2011 05:10 PM

[url]https://www.gotomypc.com/tr/Adam/2011_Q3/728_iPad/g25r_iPadgeneric45lp?Target=mm/g25r_iPadgeneric45lp.tmpl[/url]

GhEttOrAiD 07-13-2011 05:53 PM

ooh

ultravnc looks cool

sorry if i missed another thread about this

U Caught The Gay 07-13-2011 07:36 PM

Ahhhh! Also:

join.me
mikogo

VanFanel 07-13-2011 11:33 PM

teamviewer or logmein for chronic people.

hawk82 07-14-2011 06:22 AM

LogMeIn Free for clients who I'm always working with. You have to install it ahead of time though. Easy to use.

Teamviewer (free) for the one time remote support session for other clients I rarely do remote support for (like residential clients).

Single Click UltraVNC as well for one time remote support sessions. You install UltraVNC on your computer, set it to listen on a particular port. Then go to UltraVNC's site and create a Single Click package file. Then provide that one .exe file to your clients. They run it, select a support agent, and it connects to your computer, bypassing any firewalls on the client's side (you need to portforward on your side though).

GhEttOrAiD 07-14-2011 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=hawk82;24811563]LogMeIn Free for clients who I'm always working with. You have to install it ahead of time though. Easy to use.

Teamviewer (free) for the one time remote support session for other clients I rarely do remote support for (like residential clients).

Single Click UltraVNC as well for one time remote support sessions. You install UltraVNC on your computer, set it to listen on a particular port. Then go to UltraVNC's site and create a Single Click package file. Then provide that one .exe file to your clients. They run it, select a support agent, and it connects to your computer, bypassing any firewalls on the client's side (you need to portforward on your side though).[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhh... Thank you for this explanation... I was thinking I had to do the port forwarding and server setup on their end before it would work.... sounds great

hawk82 07-14-2011 07:10 PM

I haven't figured out how to get UltraVNC Single Click to work with any type of UAC prompts on the client side. So bear that in mind. You may need the client's assistance to click okay on UAC prompts. I've also found some AV programs are completely invisible to Single Click (Kaspersky business AV is one of them). LogMeIn and Teamviewer don't appear to share this problem.

FriedCPU 07-14-2011 08:27 PM

My company uses Bomgar. It's an appliance and there is a bit of an up front cost, starting around $2000, but it works with practically all OSes, through firewalls, it's great.

I believe there's a trial. Give it a shot. I think you'll be impressed.

NecessaryEvil 07-17-2011 07:54 AM

We used UltraVNC single click at work, but it performed terribly with Vista and 7.

We've switched to CrossLoop, which uses TightVNC, and seems to work perfectly, other than the fact that it needs to be installed, and the other user needs to give you a code to connect. The paid versions may give other options.

SillyLung 07-20-2011 09:16 PM

Long time Logmein user, but have been using Teamviewer Free more and more. Teamviewer does unattended access like Logmein very well (if you can ignore the nagging "This is the free version" message after each use. If you have a budget, the paid version of teamviewer would be the way to go IMO.

tegandje 07-20-2011 09:18 PM

vnc w/ xp back in the deerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Syk0tiK 07-21-2011 12:31 PM

I used to use LogMeIn, and while they are great I really like TeamViewer now.

Ezekial 07-22-2011 10:18 AM

[QUOTE=FriedCPU;24812291]My company uses Bomgar. It's an appliance and there is a bit of an up front cost, starting around $2000, but it works with practically all OSes, through firewalls, it's great.

I believe there's a trial. Give it a shot. I think you'll be impressed.[/QUOTE]

this! :D