General [M]ayhem

General [M]ayhem (http://www.genmay.com/index.php)
-   Bone Closet (http://www.genmay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   S.O. hates when I go out for any reason... (http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=842322)

Thermo1223 01-31-2013 11:29 PM

S.O. hates when I go out for any reason...

I like to say she thinks it is ok or healthy but I've come to know better.

We just got in a fight again, which I understand completely was due to the time frame and was my fault. I said I be home at a certain time and I wasn't. Ok she knew exactly where I was and it was less than 1 mile away. I explain it was just a lapse but then the paranoia sets it, what am I doing, who are these people. The point I swear she expects I will cheat on her after 6 years of marriage at any given moment. We have 2 kids and before I leave I always kiss them goodnight, tuck them in so to even present I am somehow malignant in my abilities as a parent really just pisses me off.

In all honestly I love my wife with all I am but I just don't get why she bags on me so much for just having a drink at a local bar. I tell her to go out with her work friends, all the time to release and she always makes an excuse(kids mostly). I always tell her I will be fine...It is as it seems to me she rather no one be happy or have fun...

Lost for words really, I fear it will ruin our marriage....

Artesial 02-01-2013 12:11 PM

You need to tell her you need your own time. My wife (girlfriend at the time) used to get mad when I went out and stayed out a little later than I said I would and we both came to the conclusion that when I go out with my friends I'm not sure what time I'll be home but it will be sometime after I leave the house to 5AM. She understands and knows I'm not doing anything wrong (cheating, fighting, stealing, etc...) and I give her the same respect when she goes out with her friends.

Also taking her out with me occasionally when I go out with my friends has helped too (if your friends are cool with you bringing your woman of course)

Obviously your wife doesn't completely trust you and it's understandable to a point because most women have this thought their man will cheat on them. To that I don't know what to suggest because my wife knows I won't cheat on her as much as I know I won't. It might be something you need to develop more because usually telling someone "I promise I don't do _____" simply doesn't work.

SamFarber 02-06-2013 11:44 AM

That means she is cheating on you.

hitball11a 04-23-2015 04:57 AM

tarting from the beginning, I met a girl in college in 2005. We hit it off and work perfectly together. We fall in love with each other; everything is perfect. Things are so great we even casually joke and talk about marriage; both of our parents ask when the date is. We both know it will eventually happen, just a question of when. I consider her the love of my life, and yet at the same time my best friend in the world. Best thing to ever happen to me; she helped me turn my life around for the better.