General [M]ayhem

General [M]ayhem (http://www.genmay.com/index.php)
-   CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet (http://www.genmay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Time to bail on imgur... Anybody have alternatives? (http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=848457)

GhEttOrAiD 07-09-2015 12:22 PM

Time to bail on imgur... Anybody have alternatives?

It sucks. It started off being all "redditey," and that was avoidable and... they compressed the shit out of pictures, totally ruining them.

Now, though... There are many more reasons to GTFO.
[LIST]
:goatse:Their official app is a bloated piece of donkey vag, geared mainly towards browsing shitty repo[color=white]s[/color]ts from tumblr and participating in the community. Every single time you tap "upload" it also opens your camera app, and you can't disable it.
:goatse:All of the third party apps are even shittier
:goatse:They censor and remove offensive pictures, totally at random and without warning
:goatse:GIFV is gay as fuck and won't (+ shouldn't) ever catch on, and it's non-optional. They "optimize large gifs" but they gifs look fucking terrible while gifv looks fine but.... is just gay and lame and not supported anywhere fuck you
:goatse:They don't get along with Facebook, I get asked to confirm I'm human when I spam gifs there... (strictly when the host is imgur)[/LIST]
Hotlinking direct from GIS like auntie is not a valid alternative, piss off

Typhoon43 07-10-2015 12:44 PM

Go hunt down CeleronDude, ask him for his uploader he wrote when he was here, and host your own uploader. That's what I do.Been using it since 2008. That way I have control over pictures. I use Imgur for BS crap, but for personal stuff I use my uploader so I can pull the pic offline anytime I want, or change the picture on their hotlink..ehehehe.... :lol:

edit: [url]http://www.code4share.net/items/celerondude-uploader-63/XRGXFKv.html#.VaAg_PlVhBc[/url]

GhEttOrAiD 07-10-2015 01:05 PM

yea

that is probably the only viable, permanent solution....

Jas101 07-10-2015 03:11 PM

click thread.
see ghetto complaining about something.
didnt read.

fo sho.

fin.

GhEttOrAiD 07-10-2015 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=Jas101;25485103]click thread.
see ghetto complaining about something.
didnt read.

fo sho.

fin.[/QUOTE]

nig

ger

lol 07-10-2015 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=GhEttOrAiD;25484877]
Hotlinking direct from GIS like auntie is not a valid alternative, piss off[/QUOTE]

it works fine just don't send a referrer header

BlisterDick 07-10-2015 11:23 PM

[QUOTE=lol;25485175]it works fine just don't send a referrer header[/QUOTE]

ugh, no

Killer_B 07-10-2015 11:34 PM

[QUOTE=GhEttOrAiD;25485113]nig

ger[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][I]bit

ch

ass

nig

ga

fag

got[/I][/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

Killer_B 07-10-2015 11:35 PM

[COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][I]and pls pls pls go whine at the brown man on faecbook

i'm sure he truly doesn't care

and only responds out of pity[/I][/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

BlisterDick 07-10-2015 11:40 PM

oh shiiit

GhEttOrAiD 07-10-2015 11:42 PM

[QUOTE=Killer_B;25485181][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][I]and pls pls pls go whine at the brown man on faecbook

i'm sure he truly doesn't care

and only responds out of pity[/I][/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

you're a hack. most useless, least important least interesting poster by a mile. :tard:

glass needs to run you off, you're just too much of a bore, not even worth the effort :tard::tard: you'd just take a few burns then slink away and lurk for 72 hours until it had blown over and we'd all forgotten you again :tard::tard::tard:

Aren't you like 52 years old? what the shit are you even doing here? You shouldn't have even been on fagmay in the 00's, definitely shouldn't be here now... Fuck!

Cody 07-11-2015 11:46 AM

[QUOTE=GhEttOrAiD;25485184]you're a hack. most useless, least important least interesting poster by a mile. :tard:

glass needs to run you off, you're just too much of a bore, not even worth the effort :tard::tard: you'd just take a few burns then slink away and lurk for 72 hours until it had blown over and we'd all forgotten you again :tard::tard::tard:

Aren't you like 52 years old? what the shit are you even doing here? You shouldn't have even been on fagmay in the 00's, definitely shouldn't be here now... Fuck![/QUOTE]

try picasa bro.

GhEttOrAiD 07-11-2015 01:17 PM

hm

not a bad idea

need a dupe google account though, and that would prob interfere w/ dolephone activities

BlisterDick 07-18-2015 10:19 PM

wtf, I haven't been able to upload to imgur for 2 days

I get this error message (or some variation of it) every time:

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/1ewe9d.png[/IMG]

:wtf::tard:

GhEttOrAiD 07-18-2015 10:37 PM

I cant do anything on fagmay on my phone... Totally unusable.

Firefox with noscript

This is not how online advertising is supposed to work.. When it gets to the point where the site w ads on it is unusable, you're fucking up.