General [M]ayhem

General [M]ayhem (http://www.genmay.com/index.php)
-   Bone Closet (http://www.genmay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   got number -- need a bit of advice on asking her on a date (http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=822419)

teh scud 11-03-2009 12:32 PM

got number -- need a bit of advice on asking her on a date

got a girl's number at our halloween party after chatting for a while. this saturday i'd like to take her out on a date.

first saturday of every month, our university's observatory is open to the public -- i figure looking at stars etc would be a decent first date. there's a concert i'd like to go to afterward and meet up with other friends.

i was going to straight up suggest a "date" of it -- is that smart? i feel like i'd be pussing out if i say 'hang out' or whatever. she seems interested in me.

matt00926 11-03-2009 12:38 PM

if you want a date, then you say date. Meet up and Hang out when you really want a date implies either friend or that you have no confidence.

teh scud 11-03-2009 12:43 PM

yeah that's how i feel. of course i started to overthink things and looked around on the net and found people warning against it.

called but she didn't pick up. left a message for her to call me back

:ninja: 11-03-2009 01:12 PM

[QUOTE=teh scud;24007127]
called but she didn't pick up. left a message for her to call me back[/QUOTE]

Well, you've done everything you should do.

Don't call her again. Don't text her. If she returns your call, then you're good to go. If not, screw it. Who cares? She missed out.

Observatory sounds like a fun first date. Kudos on that one.

teh scud 11-03-2009 02:02 PM

while i was getting groceries, she txted me because she was at work. i txted back 'how bout a date saturday?' and she said that sounds good.

thanks for the confirming posts guys

:ninja: 11-03-2009 02:14 PM

Oh snap, you're good to go. Congrats.

RiderOnTheStorm 11-03-2009 04:15 PM

Holy christ, someone listened AND it worked.

seiferguy 11-03-2009 11:10 PM

Nice. Be sure to post how the date goes!

theNoid 11-03-2009 11:51 PM

edit. You got the date, nice.

Note to guys having troubles with women : Ask girls on dates, stop dicking around. Its as easy as Scud did it.

laz 11-04-2009 07:41 AM

[QUOTE=theNoid;24007900]Note to guys having troubles with women : Ask girls on dates, stop dicking around. Its as easy as Scud did it.[/QUOTE]

Point taken! Notes written, but now I have to somehow get over my inane fear of rejection!

Millions 11-04-2009 09:41 AM

High five!

teh scud 11-07-2009 12:13 PM

starting coming down with a cold and woke up today with a swollen uvula.. making me gag. :(

might have to take a rain check :mad:

Drizzt 11-07-2009 12:50 PM

lol, shitty dude. Well it's that time of year.

teh scud 11-07-2009 04:59 PM

hahahaha this has gone comedically bad. i let her know i'm feeling like shit at 2:30 or so and probably need a rain check. by 6:00 i was feeling better and cough drops seemed to stop the gagging so i tell her i'm feeling a bit better and still want to take her out if she doesn't have plans. she's up for it and starts getting ready. meanwhile i start gagging so i have to cancel AGAIN.

i feel so god damned pathetic :lol:. oh well -- i said i'll have to make it up to her for wasting her time and she says she'll hold me to that, so it seems that not all's lost.

//////////////////////

this season has been owning me. i assumed it was allergies but tests say i'm not allergic to anything. i don't know if it's the insomnia or not getting excercize, but i've had this post nasal drip gaggin me on and off for a couple months now :(. i hate this shit.

edit: hell, i guess it could be exacerbated by anxiety or something. it doesn't seem to happen if i'm focused on something else, but it never happens if i don't have post nasal drip, either.... so it seems like the post nasal drip gets the ball rolling and a touch of anxiety (caused by the post nasal drip or other factors) finishes it off. i'd like to avoid any anxiety meds though... they all sound pretty fucked up -- plus i don't think i'm having 'anxiety attacks' or have serious anxiety problems. i feel pretty lame if anxiety is pushing me to gag though -- wish it could be something harmless like eye twitching haha.

:ninja: 11-07-2009 05:20 PM

If she's "holding you to it" then it seems like she really wants to go out.

Doesn't look like you have anything to worry about :)