View Single Post
Glasgow, Scotland

Asia style - 185-189 St Georges Road 0141-332 8828 - its cheap and possibly the best chinese in the country with the added bonus of unlimited jasmin tea

Balbirs - 7 church street- hands down the best indian i have ever had everything is nice and fresh the best option is getting the buffet as they just keep bringing stuff over to you.

Ashoka - various
there are several of these about town (mainly the west end), pretty good place to eat and my old fav indian (above beat it). good service reasonable prices and if they still do it get some haggis pakora sex in little crispy batter balls

Slasa - 63 Carlton Place. 0141 420 6328
been a couple of times and the food was always good plenty big servings and a free cocktail off the pre theater menu. The meatballs and divine and th eloaded potato skins (a starter) are a meal in them selves

One Devonshire Gardens - 1 Devonshire Gardens - 00 44 141 339 2001
without a doubt the poshest place i have ever taken myself but also the home of the best steak i have ever had so it evens out. its a five star hotel/restaurant so dress smart and have plenty of cash (although i made a dinner for 2 for just over 70 iirc inc wine)

tiger tiger - glassford street - 0141 553 4888
again pretty nice inside its kind of a trendy bar downstairs so avoid the ripped jeans. prices are not too bad but a little on the expensive side for my liking (20ish per person without any drinks)

Scottish almost forgot
the blue lagoon - dozens of them in town - i liek the st enoch one best
not a bad chain of chippies about 2 a meal and a little more for the fish. its just chips and batterd food. Im a black pudding man but i was in a chipie the other day and it had battered pizza, hmmm fatty. if you are over rtry and get a battered mars/snickers deep fried sweets, sounds bad but tastes so good (max 1 per decade or a heart attack is on its way)

i will add more when i remember places i have been. I would suggest for the best deals tho. Has the bonus that you can book on the day for most places

Last edited by TheRequiem; 04-25-2008 at 02:25 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]