View Single Post
OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles

Sushi:

Sushi Echigo, 12217 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Don't know the suite number, but you can't miss it on the second floor. Go here if you're a fan of the real experience. Some of the finest raw fish you can have in West LA, with a simple sushi bar with two chefs who work behind it non-stop. The cuts are great and the quality is top notch.

Italian:

C & O Trattoria, 31 Washington Boulevard, Venice, CA (310) 823-9491
First off, this place has HUGE servings and I mean it. They have a "full" serving which costs only a few dollars more than the regular and it's enough for two people, or for you to have another dinner the next day. The pasta is pretty good and they have an excellent wine selection. Oh, and they have these free garlic bread balls that can come non-stop and rock the casbah. It can get packed on Fridays / Weekends.

Abbot's Pizza 1407 Abbot Kinney Boulevard, Venice, CA (310) 396-7334
This place has awesome fucking pizza. Pricer than your Pizza Hut or Dominos, but more than worth it. If you're a fan of cheese pizza, you cannot pass up the 4-way cheese pizza. Fucking awesome.

Mexican:

Tito's Tacos 11222 Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA
It's not a sit-down place as you order from a line (expect to wait a bit) and pick it up from the same window. Some people will have the taco's for the first time and say "Eh, it was nothing special," but a week later they'll be craving Tito's Tacos. These things are seriously crack. Their burritos are also good and they offer an excellent sauce (not spicy) that's full of flavor.

American:
Grand Lux Cafe (Beverly Center) 121 N. La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
At the corner of the Beverly Center, the Grand Lux Cafe is one of my favorite places to eat. The entrees are around $12-20 ($30+ for steaks) and are very generous as far as serving sizes go. They have awesome appetizers, too, including the Asian Nachos and Stacked Chicken Quesadilla. They also have "baked to order desserts" where you order your desert early on and they bake it and it's usually done by the time you're eating. The service can be fucking spot on or sometimes a dismal miss.

[credit to Azamat]
Pizza : Big Momas and Papas Pizzeria (www.36pizza.com)

Tacos: El tapatio : Glendale, CA. Corner of Los Feliz and Glendale Ave.

Breakfast Burritos: Lucky Boy. Pasadena, CA, On Arroyo Parkway, across the street from
Trader Joe's

[credit goes to Talenos]
Best cheese steaks I've ever had in my life period!
Philadelphia Sandwiches
11112 Magnolia Blvd, North Hollywood, CA

Tacos are amazing, I love their corn tortilla shells and relatively cheap
Casita Taco De Carbon
11300 Magnolia Blvd # 1, North Hollywood, CA
(818) 508-8118 - close call - 2 reviews

Casita Taco De Carbon
405 N Victory Blvd, Burbank, CA
(818) 848-3242 - close call - 1 review

I also second Big Mamma's and Pappa's.

[credit to Elepants]
more for los angeles [or just below los angeles in the south bay, where i live]:

best late night - the kettle in manhattan beach. this place is always busy because it's so goddamn awesome. and the food is really good for it being a 24-hour spot. costs about $10 a person for an entree and a drink. cuisine is kind of like the chain restaurant, mimi's [faux french whatever]. i don't even like mimi's and i still like the kettle.

best izakaya - musha in torrance. an izakaya is a japanese bar that also serves a lot of small dishes to satisfy your palate while drinking. i'm not into japanese beer, but musha is delicious simply for their risotto and beef tongue. cozy and warm on the inside [the bar, not the beef tongue], good variety of meats and seafoods you can choose to grill . . . reminds me of gyu-kaku, a charcoal grilling type japanese restaurant also found throughout los angeles. about $20-25 for one person including drink.

[fruitloops adds:]
if you're in LA, eat tommy's burgers!!
tommy's FTW.
and all of california/parts of nevada should eat @ in n out

[but dyejob argues]
in terms of 24hr joints in the LA/hollywood area,
CANTER'S DELI > tommy's burgers

[MoDawg warns against:]
If you're in L.A., I'll tell you where NOT to eat. Jerry's Deli. eyuuck!
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

Last edited by TheRequiem; 04-25-2008 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: condensing, cleaning