View Single Post
Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
What did i say that is wrong? Many breeds ARE fine outside, like malamutes. You basically reiterated what i said with the whole "breed traits" thing, good job I guess.

As for a couple decent walks every week, that's what i meant - most people won't do that. It's more like one walk every two months, if that. My neighbors and friends are like that, so are many people I meet.

If you don't live an active lifestyle that involves outdoors and your dog, don't get one that needs it. Which are most dogs. Except maybe those Shitsus and Maltese and similar, i don't know much about small dogs. Never had any and they seem like an inferior choice to a cat frankly.

Hmm, let's try the following:
Quote:
Dogs lived outside since the fucking ice age.

It's not a problem.
Stupid.

Quote:
Anyway my best advice for someone without their own back yard "living in a flat" etc is don't get a dog.

Just don't do it. There problem solved. People always think of the time spent with the dog, but in reality you will be out with friends, at work, doing homework and so forth while the dog will chew it's own feet raw because you never go running with it and it's bored and depressed.
Stupid. If you don't have time to take care of your dog, leaving it outside in the back yard doesn't solve that problem. If you do have time to take care of your dog, and choose the right breed, there's no problem living in an apartment.

Quote:
I don't buy that Greyhounds are good apartment dogs for example
Stupid.

Quote:
Dog that are made to run will want to do just that. Pretty much most dogs are made to travel long distance every day in search of food.
Stupid.

Hell, even
Quote:
If you don't live an active lifestyle that involves outdoors and your dog, don't get one that needs it. Which are most dogs Except maybe those Shitsus and Maltese and similar,
is stupid. There are lots of low energy dogs that aren't tiny, and many small dogs are not low energy. Yes, you will need to spend a few hours a week out walking, but that's a big difference from an "active outdoor lifestyle."