View Single Post
arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
If marijuana were legalized, I can almost garuntee that the crime rate would drop (by how much is anyones guess). First, the marijuana black market disappears. MJ is very profitable for the black market because of it's widespread use. Just legalizing it would eliminate a large portion of the drug trafficing market. .

This is complete and utter . The black market wouldnít be affected at all. All that would happen is that the people now selling pot would shift to selling other items. They donít sell pot because itís illegal; they sell it because it is a relatively easy way to make money. Hereís some shocking news for you, there is a very health black market for goodís that are perfectly legal. Legalizing pot would have no impact on crime, it wouldnít go down and probably wouldnít go up, unless you count the number of DUIís handed out for idiots driving under its influence. This is what the Netherlands discovered when they legalized pot. What the Netherlands reported was a temporary spike in usage which slowly decreased and then leveled off when the novelty of legalization wore off.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion