View Single Post
admar2

whoever in Kerry's campaign that thought last night was a good idea is a complete idiot.

following up how the president's speech ended with vietnam/halliburton/deferrments didn't help Kerry's case at all. probably why his little "taking the gloves off" isn't getting any attention in the major media today.

especially considering he was ranting about bush's performance on jobs, and the jobs report comes out today and unemployment has dropped again to 5.4% and 140K+ jobs created in August. along with a revision to july's numbers that brought them from 32k up to 70k. brilliant strategy horseface.

and he's back to the old "misled" us into Iraq . funny really, considering recently he said basically "knowing what we know now, I would still have given the president authorization for the use of force". I guess that means kerry would have misled us too. at least thats his story today.

not to mention the fact that he attacks Cheney for getting deferrments, when Kerry himself attempted to get one. (*besides the fact that he's attacking the VP candidate and not Bush. WTF sense does that make??) funnier even, considering Cheney attacked him on his voting record in the senate, not his record in vietnam.

Quote:
"I will not have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could've and who misled America into Iraq."

yeah, he won't have his committment, or senate record for that matter, questioned by the likes of John McCain, or Zell Miller, cuz those guys never served.

Quote:
The vice president called me unfit for office last night," Mr. Kerry said. "Well, I'm going to leave it up to the voters to decide whether five deferments make someone more qualified than two tours of duty."

Kerry is really losing it, Cheney didn't say he wasn't qualified to be president because of his service in Vietnam, he said he wasn't qualified because of his record of 20years in the Senate.

besides the fact that Cheney has more foreign policy experience in his pinky toe than Kerry and Edwards have between them. although littlejohn did serve on the senate intelligence committee for 4 years, whoops, yeah the same senate intelligence committee that was thoroughly chastised by the much vaunted 9/11 commission for not properly executing its oversight function in regards to the CIA.

Quote:
Handing out billions of dollars in government contracts without a bid to Halliburton while you're still on the payroll makes you unfit lead this country
again this nonsense with Halliburton. so horseface is claiming cheney is still on halliburton's payroll huh? proof please? didn't think so.

Halliburton didn't receive "no bid" contracts from the US government, and the evil bush admin. they won the LOGCAP III contract in 2001 after the normal bid process.

just a few more facts.

1. Halliburton originally won the LOGCAP contract in 1992 (actually it was ,Brown & Root at the time. BEFORE cheney was even the CEO.

2. they lost the contract to DYNCORP in 1997. however the Clinton administration continued to use them for the work in the Balkans. Cheney was head of halliburton at this time, so he must have used his evil corruptive genious on Clinton at the time, to get the work.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/r...20030918.shtml
http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york070903.asp
http://bmonday.com/archive/2004/02/10/517.aspx

3. Halliburton was re-awarded the LOGCAP contract in 2001 after the pre-requisite bid process.