View Single Post
Apsalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo1223 View Post
Well you are trained and I see no reason why a person of the armed forces couldn't own the same(similar) firearm they used in conflict as a recreational device. Military training teaches a lot more than just use of the weapon. I personally think it makes you more responsible for you actions in general. I mean you would want to stay sharp with it your downtime between deployments or even after discharge. Now obviously there will be limits to that buy few I imagine. That is a valid reason, one I'd support
Retired military personnel allowed to use the same weapons that they used in combat, for fun? Are you listening to yourself? With all due respect to those that serve our country, they don't need automatic weapons and grenade launchers any more than a non-serviceman does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo1223 View Post
I personally just don't see the argument that we NEED an AR15 style weapon to protect ourselves as citizens. It is more of a want than need. A normal person will feel just as safe with a handgun as they would with a semi-auto rifle.
So you aren't going to "go in circles" with me, but you're going to continue repeating yourself without actually explaining your rationale. Nice.