View Single Post
bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
That is completely disingenuous. Tax revenues have fallen because income has fallen.

Rephrase: Have tax rates fallen for 95 percent of Americans? Ok.

Quote:
That was simply political cover. Nobody on either side of the aisle really believes this will affect the abortion provisions in the law. Some Democrats even publicly crowed over the fact that it won't change a thing.

Only time will tell, he essentially instituted the Stupak amendment into the Senate bill, Democrats that don't think it will have an effect are going to be in for a rude awakening.

Quote:
And Republicans declared health reform dead after Scott Brown's election. Maybe the bill that was passed in the House is dead, but some form of massive energy regulation is being shopped around in Capitol Hill.

Who cares what Republicans declare alive and dead? They don't control the agenda. Bottom line: Kerry said no cap and trade, there are already smaller regulations on the table. I know the far right loons want absolutely no emissions regulations and subsidies for fossil fuels instead but that's clearly not gonna happen.

Quote:
At least you abandoned the argument that President Bush was somehow responsible for the majority of the 2009 Federal deficit.

I didn't abandon that at all ... this is a particularly dumb comment on your part since Bush created the FY09 budget. Bush is responsible for 1.5 trillion of the FY10 increases ... Obama is responsible for 800 billion. Bush's 1.5 trillion was spent on nothing redeeming to America, Obama's was spent on ending the recession and giving America some much needed improvements. It really is a no brainer.