View Single Post
Slacker

Well I ended up putting 3 items on eBay and 4 on Amazon. Two of the items on Amazon sold already and the money is in my checking account. Plus Amazon provided me a credit for shipping costs. In both cases I shipped the items via flat rate priority mail for about the amount of the standard shipping credit.

eBay I've sold three items but I'm still waiting for PayPal to release the funds on all of them. I ended up providing free shipping which seems to have helped them sell. I listed one item with $5 shipping costs and it didn't get any bids. Relisted with free shipping and I got a couple of bids.

The only problem with Amazon is you can only sell certain items on there. We have an old Babybjorn baby carrier we didn't use very much that's still in good condition. Amazon will only let you buy it new. Even though they're about $70 new I could only get $26 (with free shipping) on eBay. I saw some completed listings that were for even less.

So far three of the items I've sold betwene both sites have been delivered, but I still haven't got any feedback. Both my accounts have zero feedback even though I've had them for several years. I specificlaly asked the buyers to leave me feedback when I emailed them initially and on the packing slip.

I've tried Craigslist in the past but it's just too much of a hassle. I don't want people coming to my house so I've got to go and meet them somewhere else. It's much easier for me to use the postage machine at work and ship stuff from there.

Also, what's up with these automatic links in my post?