View Single Post
RazorWind

Well, there's something you don't see every day.

In other news, I got the soft top reskinned. Mostly, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The process of removing the old skin from the frame and attaching the new was pretty straightforward.

Suffice it to say, however, there's a reason that professionals charge $1000 to do this. Getting the trailing edge of it properly installed against the body of the car requires titanic upper body strength. You have to compress all the seals and vinyl enough to get the metal retaining bow over the end of the studs that stick out of the body and then get a nut on the end of the stud.

There is one, and only one, order in which this can be done by a mortal, and it is not the order that instructions tell you. I actually finished this on Saturday, and I can still feel it in my thumbs on Thursday, four days later. I think it came out pretty good, though, especially for a first attempt. I've installed the deck carpet since these photos were taken.

The car is now up on jackstands again for the next round of refreshing. This will include the cam angle sensor o-ring, which I somehow managed to screw up the first time, and every single one of the coolant hoses, as they seem to be springing leaks one by one, even when the engine isn't running.