View Single Post
Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Is this thing worth the drive from DFW to Austin? I've only been to one race in my life (Nascar @TMS) and thought it was pretty cool, but not something I really got hooked on..

I thought it was, tbh. I had a blast last November, despite the deer hitting the car.

The track is gorgeous, the cars are the fastest in the world, the drivers are the world's best, and it's just plain fun. Fuckton of walking, and the foodstuffs are outrageously expensive; but overall it's very worth the time.

If you go, consider the general admission, because those seats aren't really bad, unless the crowd is always standing. But that can happen in the stands, too.

And be prepared to walk, ALOT. it's a long track, and the maximum elevation changes are in the neighborhood of 150-170ft.

Show up on day one, and plan to get your souvenirs then; I made the mistake of doing it on day 3, and missed out on some good stuff; plus, got caught in the worst lines to the busses.

All in all, it was a blast. Austin is a great place, and I had fun, despite the 60 mile drive to and from LaGrange.

Do eet.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~