Thread: pyramid
View Single Post
joe nathan
joe nathan doesn't ask for dick. joe nathan tells you the way it is, or else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
i don't have an issue with someone shot calling, the game depends on communication

it's not like cs:go where one guy can carry the team off his skill

if you're not communicating in overwatch, you're probably going to lose. you might win if you lucked out and got a group that knows how to react to everything on their own, but that's pretty rare. even at high platinum/low diamond you have to tell people the basics a lot more often than you'd expect.

i actually think overwatch could benefit a lot from adding a couple more skill groups. with platinum being the top of the bell curve, there's just too much of a discrepancy in skill at that rank. i've had great games at that rank and i've had dog shit games at that rank where you just cannot wrap your head around what people are doing.

i actually don't mind if one or two people do the shot-calling. often, i keep my mic muted and just listen with great results.

i agree about the discrepancy and it's annoying. i like the fact that if you're the best player on a losing team, you don't lose as much, but i'd like them to expand on that. i can't tell you how many games i've lost with gold in eliminations, damage and objective kills with silver in healing (soldier 76 main). maybe after a certain rank they could distribute points differently instead of just on win/loss. anything that makes the higher tiers more uniform in terms of skill distribution