Thread: pyramid
View Single Post
joe nathan
joe nathan doesn't ask for dick. joe nathan tells you the way it is, or else.
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
They just need to get rid of streaks. A win should give you a set amount of SR and a loss should take a set amount, that way if you win more than you lose you'll rank up, and if you lose more than you win you'll derank. They are using streaks to move players around quickly and it's stupid.

Last night I was watching a really good player doing a Bronze to GM live stream for his YouTube channel and he was on such a long win streak that he was getting ~150 SR per game. He's a GM player, though, so think of all the games he has ruined for low level players along the way that can't compete with him.

Right now, a lost streak of just 4-5 games can put you so far down in SR that it could take you over a week to earn it back. You can actually go like 25-10 on a day of games and end up with lower SR than where you started because the losses were in streaks. That's stupid.

Overwatch is fun, but it has a long way to go to truly be competitive.

since this thread began, I went from 2710 to 2546 and spent all week catching up since my losses were in streaks. I'm almost caught up.

I understand the reasoning behind the streaks, but maybe they could scale it back.
fuck, it's not my fault, he threw nacho cheese on me.