View Single Post
onewheeldoin200
Your girlfriend likes my crotch rocket better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboGirl

I found this thread while searching for bikes online and I liked it so much I decided to register here. Great info.

I'm in the market for my 1st bike... I originally wanted a 250, then everyone talked me into a 500, now I'm thinking... maybe a 250 wouldnt be so bad for me? I'm only 5'2 and like 105 soaking wet, so I need something as small and light as possible. I just don't want to grow out of it in a month, and be stuck with like the Geo Metro of the bike world. Anyway. i'm still lookin in the local papers. Pray that I dont kill myself everyone

I think you'd do very well on the 250, especially considering your small stature. Keep in mind that the 500 has a significantly higher seat height than the 250, and weighs quite a bit more as well. On my 500 I couldn't have both feet flat on the ground while sitting, and I'm 5'10".

Also...there really aren't many cars on the road that can get to 60mph in under 6 seconds, and the 250 would get you there in under 5.5, so you'd be faster than the vast majority of cars on the road. I think the 250 would be the most rewarding way to go, at least for your first season. The 250's also hold their value extremely well (because they're cheap brand new and have done all their devaluing by the time they're 3-4 years old).

Also, of you soaking wet

Passion > Precision