General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Millions of illegal immigrants have a Social Security number, it's just not THEIR Social Security number. The name doesn't match up if you actually check, but few people do. That's how many illegals get legitimate jobs.

Little discussed fact about SS: Illegals actually pay SS tax when they're working above the table. They aren't eligible for benefits though, so they're actually helping keep the system afloat.

So they are using the illegals to prop up the pyramid scheme now that boomers are over 50.

But they also pull 40 billion out of our economy each year. In services and money sent home. I am not sure if that is gross or net since I dont know if the SS payment is deducted from that expenditure.

edit

Wow 8 billion in medical costs just in CA. ???

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post

In fact it's possible to interpret the law against harboring an illegal alien to file felony charges against the rental property owner.

Quote:
(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;
Here you go.

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
You're right. It's not illegal to be an illegal alien.

Acts 270-281 of the Immigration and Nationality Act

I just browsed those portions, they don't indicate that it's a criminal act to reside in the US without proper documentation.

Sorry, try again.

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
I just browsed those portions, they don't indicate that it's a criminal act to reside in the US without proper documentation.

Sorry, try again.

Then read the entire act.

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Then read the entire act.

lol ok why don't you just post the portion that supports your argument, since YOU'RE the one making it?

Coqui

Apparently you didn't read it that well:

Quote:
(a) (1) It shall be unlawful for any person, including any transportation company, or the owner, master, commanding officer, agent, charterer, or consignee of any vessel or aircraft, to bring to the United States from any place outside thereof (other than from foreign contiguous territory) any alien who does not have a valid passport and an unexpired visa, if a visa was required under this Act or regulations issued thereunder.
oh and

Quote:
encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law, shall be punished as provided in subparagraph (B); or
Technically by you saying it's not illegal for them to be here, you broke this part.

Oh and:

Quote:
Sec. 291. [8 U.S.C. 1361] Whenever any person makes application for a visa or any other document required for entry, or makes application for admission, or otherwise attempts to enter the United States, the burden of proof shall be upon such person to establish that he is eligible to receive such visa or such document, or is not inadmissible under any provision of this Act, and, if an alien, that he is entitled to the nonimmigrant; immigrant, special immigrant, immediate relative, or refugee status claimed, as the case may be. If such person fails to establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer that he is eligible to receive a visa or other document required for entry, no visa or other document required for entry shall be issued to such person, nor shall such person be admitted to the United States unless he establishes to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that he is not inadmissible under any provision of this Act. In any removal proceeding under chapter 4 against any person, the burden of proof shall be upon such person to show the time, place, and manner of his entry into the United States, but in presenting such proof he shall be entitled to the production of his visa or other entry document, if any, and of any other documents and records, not considered by the Attorney General to be confidential, pertaining to such entry in the custody of the Service. If such burden of proof is not sustained, such person shall be presumed to be in the United States in violation of law.

bingstudent
I am an idiot!

Quote:
Apparently you didn't read it that well:

oh and

Technically by you saying it's not illegal for them to be here, you broke this part.

Oh and:

I don't disagree that the act of entering illegally is criminal, but that does not mean that the act of residing in the US after entering without proper documents makes them a criminal. They have performed one criminal act - the unlawful entry - but as someone pointed out above, it's impossible to even prove that they came through illegally without following the steps of due process. It's just the way our system works.

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingstudent View Post
I don't disagree that the act of entering illegally is criminal, but that does not mean that the act of residing in the US after entering without proper documents makes them a criminal. They have performed one criminal act - the unlawful entry - but as someone pointed out above, it's impossible to even prove that they came through illegally without following the steps of due process. It's just the way our system works.

I'm not disagreeing that you can't prove it without due process, but that's the same thing with any crime.

You can't prove a person murdered someone without investigating.