General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xayd View Post
the 4th is privacy, despite what scalia thinks.

anything anyone does where there's a 'reasonable expectation of privacy' cannot be used against them without due process.

so the government can't eavesdrop on someone's bedroom and if they find them with a gay partner dismiss them from a job based on that. the first of course is establishment of religion. if the government appeases someone's religion because their religion promotes discrimination against those of other religions, they are establishing a religion.

This is retarded.

First of all, there is no reasonable expectation of privacy in the military. The military does not need a warrant to search someone's barracks. Believe me, no one consents to weekly cleanliness inspections.

Second, the bedroom is not the only place people can realize that someone is gay. Two guys doing weekly grocery shopping together while holding hands does not rate a reasonable expectation of privacy. Two chicks in a civil union who then file for dependent benefits to their admin office are not doing something in private.

Appeasing someone's religion is not the same as "establishing a religion".

Finally, there are a lot of people who don't like gays due to reasons having nothing at all to do with religion. I know atheists in the military that don't want gays around them.

In no way does anything you said translate to banning religion in the military. That is goddamn stupid.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
answer me this this.

do soldiers shower with the men or with the women?

or do we give them their own separate shower room?

The male ones currently shower with men and the female ones currently shower with women.

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post

First of all, there is no reasonable expectation of privacy in the military. The military does not need a warrant to search someone's barracks. Believe me, no one consents to weekly cleanliness inspections.

I'd love to be there when a plebe told a drill sergeant they didn't consent though.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
This is retarded.

Second, the bedroom is not the only place people can realize that someone is gay. Two guys doing weekly grocery shopping together while holding hands does not rate a reasonable expectation of privacy. Two chicks in a civil union who then file for dependent benefits to their admin office are not doing something in private.

Appeasing someone's religion is not the same as "establishing a religion".

Finally, there are a lot of people who don't like gays due to reasons having nothing at all to do with religion. I know atheists in the military that don't want gays around them.

In no way does anything you said translate to banning religion in the military. That is goddamn stupid.

Try explaining UCMJ to him. And how joining the military is the Only binding contract that sets aside some of your constitutional rights for the duration. Remember Spayed is the guy that thinks that a shrink wrap Apple contract has binding force to abrogate your constitutional rights.

I will do the easy one. Hey Spayed, First amendment right to free speech is abridged. If a civilian makes the following statement "The world would be a better place if someone put a bullet through Obama's head" That is protected speech.
If an active duty member of the armed service says the same thing he can go direct to leavenworth do not pass go do not collect your ass bandages. As it is NOT protected free speech for a member of the military. Even saying "I would not lose any sleep if Obama was shot in the head" by active duty military personnel could get you court martialed. At a minimum you would get an article 15 that you Better fucking accept.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 06-04-2010 at 05:59 PM..

Defiler

Quote:
This is retarded.

Partially true, yes you and your shit is subject to inspection at all times, but there are rules on how they can go about it. SDC's or FQA at our barracks are not allowed to search our AB drawers or walk-in's if it is locked, To search those they need to cite a reason (room smells like rotting food or some other health violation, drug dog signals a hit, etc) if they do they need to have a MA present, and otherwise need permission from a higher authority. Unlocked shit is fair game however.

Bottom line, if your squared away and dont give them reasons to search your shit, they dont do it. (excluding room inspects, etc, etc.)

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
Partially true, yes you and your shit is subject to inspection at all times, but there are rules on how they can go about it. SDC's or FQA at our barracks are not allowed to search our AB drawers or walk-in's if it is locked, To search those they need to cite a reason (room smells like rotting food or some other health violation, drug dog signals a hit, etc) if they do they need to have a MA present, and otherwise need permission from a higher authority. Unlocked shit is fair game however.

Bottom line, if your squared away and dont give them reasons to search your shit, they dont do it. (excluding room inspects, etc, etc.)

Um no, unless you have your own off base housing they can inspect Every Fucking Inch of it at any time as it is Government Property.

If you have on base housing and they tell you to open something that is part of the government property and you refuse you have violate a lawful order.

They Will cut the locks they Will court martial you if they feel like it.

They Will make you participate in a CDU or put you in the brig awaiting trial at their whim.

Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Um no, unless you have your own off base housing they can inspect Every Fucking Inch of it at any time as it is Government Property.

If you have on base housing and they tell you to open something that is part of the government property and you refuse you have violate a lawful order.

They Will cut the locks they Will court martial you if they feel like it.

They Will make you participate in a CDU or put you in the brig awaiting trial at their whim.

And if an MA is not present during any of those searches, their ass gets in trouble. Its for the protection of both the sailor getting searched, or the Petty Officer or Chief doing the search. Sorry, military isnt perfect either, so measures are taken, not all PO's or chiefs are exactly honest and so measures are taken to make sure there isnt some sort of foul play going on.