General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

double post...my forum fu failed me.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

joemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post

there were never any sanctions on iraq. we were always at war with east eurasia.

I think you are thinking of the abuses and corruption in the oil for food program. Saddam wasn't building palaces by selling the food we sent in trade for oil, he was illegally selling additional oil outside the program and getting kickbacks from countries/companies in the oil for food program.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil-for...rogramme#Abuse
That's a lot of money going in Saddams left pocket..yet somehow it is still the fault of the U.S. that children in Iraq didn't have enough to eat? Or maybe you think we should have taken military action to stop him from doing that and make sure the money went back to the people...or just left him the fuck alone to invade and kill whoever he wanted.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

I didn't blame us for that. the rest of the world does.

also, that shit really happened yo, and saddam was our dictator, and we kinda did knowingly let his people pay the price for us trying to punish the guy who we had previously supported...

remember, he was our guy when he was invading and killing the people we wanted him to, or when we ignored him killing his own people...

joemama

Quote:
I didn't blame us for that. the rest of the world does.

also, that shit really happened yo, and saddam was our dictator, and we kinda did knowingly let his people pay the price for us trying to punish the guy who we had previously supported...

remember, he was our guy when he was invading and killing the people we wanted him to, or when we ignored him killing his own people...
You said that the statement "US led sanctions against Iraq led to the death of over half a million Iraqi children" was a "perfectly rational and true statement" (your words)..are you backing away from that now you've had time to think about it?

Using that same grand logic, one could say that all the deaths in Afghanistan/Iraq since 02 were the result of Islamic extremists.

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

...of course putting on UN sanctions, and invading countries, are two very similar things. Similarly, opposing sanctions, or resisting occupation also compute very well.

Perfectly logical, old chap.

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
You said that the statement "US led sanctions against Iraq led to the death of over half a million Iraqi children" was a "perfectly rational and true statement" (your words)..are you backing away from that now you've had time to think about it?

that is a rational statement. THAT SHIT HAPPENED. we were naive to think we could trust a ruthless dictator who didn't give two shits about his own people. Kinda sucks that we couldn't even trust our allies not to buy saddam's oil behind our back though.

Quote:
Using that same grand logic, one could say that all the deaths in Afghanistan/Iraq since 02 were the result of Islamic extremists.
I don't follow that logic.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:

I don't follow that logic.

Why not? it's perfectly rational after all. They had to realize that the constant attacks and then one of the magnitude of 9/11 would lead to retaliation of some sort. Targeting the regimes that support them.

pyramid

Iraq was a secular dictatorship that had nothing to do with 9/11...

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

*ignores around 100 years of colonialism, imperialism and ousting and assassination of democratically elected leaders that are unfavourable to us/western interest*

"b-b-b-ut...surely ..they had to understand we'd retaliate.... gahhhh the stupid in me is so huge it's blocking my airways"

TheMorlock

Quote:

who financed jihadist groups around the world.

joemama

Quote:
Never said they did, but the actions of the government (and later Islamic extremists) caused all the bloodshed in Iraq just like the U.S. sanctions caused children to go to bed without their dinner. (using your logic of course)

._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

TheMorlock

So I haven't heard of any korans being burned. I guess that means no muslims will be decapitating people on camera hanging soldiers corpses off of bridges burning american flags blowing up embasies ships in port disco's etc. Oh wait they did all that Before any threat to burn a koran was made. Thought we dodged a bullet their for a second.

Straw Man
RuHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
So I haven't heard of any korans being burned. I guess that means no muslims will be decapitating people on camera hanging soldiers corpses off of bridges burning american flags blowing up embasies ships in port disco's etc. Oh wait they did all that Before any threat to burn a koran was made. Thought we dodged a bullet their for a second.

"I'm really shocked assbackward muslims in iran hate us, considering we've kept democracy out of there for half a century. Similarly I do not understand why some of the islamic countries are not happy with us bombing their infrastructure"
-an alcoholic cryptofascist on the internet