General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread

thegrandpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post
so your cats had a stroke and your thought is lets fuck with it by giving it mice or maybe toss it outside?

:/

Uh, this.

Your cat is experiencing old age, not a mid-life crisis. Having cats around that age I can guarantee going through the trouble of doing what you're explaining would provide your cat with all of 2 minutes of amusement before he went back to his daily routine. The most you can do is keep checking up on his health and feeding him right, making sure he has a nice, slow comfortable slide into the big rainbow in the sky.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

imzjustplayin

speaking of mice, my cat had the courtesy to notify me yesterday morning that he had caught one.. (not that I needed to be awakened at 6am). I acknowledged him and petted him, went back to sleep, 5 minutes later he's meowing again, I check and see there is no more mouse, so I let him in and he goes to sleep in his bed. (I have my cat's bed at the bottom of my bed, my bed is a "full", opposed to a "twin" or "queen"). When my cat catches mice, he eats everything. Rats are messy though because there is always an organ he leaves behind and it looks like a turd. I just figure getting him a feeder mouse would be nice for him because then he wouldn't have to wait so long between the mice that crawl into the house. Took the cat to the vet, had some blood tests done, don't know the results yet. I'm wondering how long his eye has been fucked up like that, eye isn't cloudy or swollen so it's not glaucoma.. I'm wondering if the fight he got into with the racoons some years ago cause this damage to his eye since physical trauma could cause it. You wouldn't notice his eye is messed when looking at him in normal interior lighting, only when exposed to very bright light, like that of daylight which is when I first noticed it. The vet also could only kind of notice the problem with his eye because it's just not bright enough in there. Vet asked me if he walked with his head tilted or anything like that, and I think I definitely would have noticed that.

Last edited by imzjustplayin; 04-08-2011 at 02:08 AM..

Sarah Palin

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzjustplayin View Post
speaking of mice, my cat had the courtesy to notify me yesterday morning that he had caught one.. (not that I needed to be awakened at 6am). I acknowledged him and petted him, went back to sleep, 5 minutes later he's meowing again, I check and see there is no more mouse, so I let him in and he goes to sleep in his bed. (I have my cat's bed at the bottom of my bed, my bed is a "full", opposed to a "twin" or "queen"). When my cat catches mice, he eats everything. Rats are messy though because there is always an organ he leaves behind and it looks like a turd. I just figure getting him a feeder mouse would be nice for him because then he wouldn't have to wait so long between the mice that crawl into the house. Took the cat to the vet, had some blood tests done, don't know the results yet. I'm wondering how long his eye has been fucked up like that, eye isn't cloudy or swollen so it's not glaucoma.. I'm wondering if the fight he got into with the racoons some years ago cause this damage to his eye since physical trauma could cause it. You wouldn't notice his eye is messed when looking at him in normal interior lighting, only when exposed to very bright light, like that of daylight which is when I first noticed it. The vet also could only kind of notice the problem with his eye because it's just not bright enough in there. Vet asked me if he walked with his head tilted or anything like that, and I think I definitely would have noticed that.
My 15 year old cat has the same thing, no stroke, no head trauma. My vet just told me it's the iris not constricting as well as it used to due to old age, nothing more. Just keep an eye on it and it sounds like he's doing okay, still catching mice and acting "normal". My cat only ever looks annoyed when he's exposed to really bright light, but then he just kind of squints more and moves to a shaded area. Not a big deal.

gribly

Tubby passed away yesterday morning. He was the strongest cat I ever knew, I have seen him fling another full grown cat over 10 feet in a fight, and he weighed in at a muscular 23lbs. I have never seen any dog or coyote successfully approach his mother, Precious. We found her in the woods half starved to death with 5 big kittens in a nest, so we took her in and got them all shots, they were obviously abandoned. His name comes from the little beer gut he had as a kitten when I rescued him from the woods. He was 14 1/2 years old. Passed away from respiratory infection, which he had just been diagnosed with at the vet the other day and got the shot for it.

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Redemption

I got my cat from a shelter and he used to be an outdoor cat so he's like a tiny lion. A raccoon came on my porch one time and he wanted at him so I let him out and he ran and scratched the fuck out of this raccoons face and it ran away and the cat came back inside. It was one of the more awesome things I have seen

möbiustrip

After decades of painstaking research, the feeder mice discovered gunpowder and invented tiny firearms.

Your cat has died.

Closed Thread