General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwiber View Post
I have the coroner's report, thank you.

Stacked away with the other unfortunate little death certificates I have been forced to endure as executor of wills since then.

So no, she didn't lie to me.

You can spout all you like about the "Safety" of it.

I; do not; believe it.

I lived though its results. It was not an "allergic reaction" either, he smoked it for years.

I have living experience., I have my opinion. That's the end of it.

Lie to yourself about the effects.
then provide it because there's no way a medical examiner would list THC as a cause of death because it would have been the biggest piece of news in the medical world since the discovery of penicillin. so yeah, someone lied to you or that coroner didn't know what he was doing. otherwise your dad's case would have made headlines for being the first THC-related death in the history of mankind.

it doesn't matter what you believe because facts don't require your belief. they are still facts. if you choose not to believe them then you are being willfully ignorant.

your opinion is based on misinformation, making it pretty useless and deserving of correction, which is what we're trying to do. your "living experience" doesn't compare to thousands of years of recorded history and thousands of hours of medical research.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
I think the coroner misdiagnosed.

note: in many (read: most) counties the coroner is an elected position that does not require a medical degree. they are useless compared to medical examiners.

Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
then provide it because there's no way a medical examiner would list THC as a cause of death because it would have been the biggest piece of news in the medical world since the discovery of penicillin. so yeah, someone lied to you or that coroner didn't know what he was doing. otherwise your dad's case would have made headlines for being the first THC-related death in the history of mankind.

it doesn't matter what you believe because facts don't require your belief. they are still facts. if you choose not to believe them then you are being willfully ignorant.

your opinion is based on misinformation, making it pretty useless and deserving of correction, which is what we're trying to do. your "living experience" doesn't compare to thousands of years of recorded history and thousands of hours of medical research.

I think this is absolutely right. I feel sorry for him that he lost his dad at an early age, but he needs to realize that his hatred of weed is irrational and misplaced. It has no basis in fact whatsoever.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
I have the coroner's report, thank you.

The coroners report says "cause of death: marijuana overdose"? That sounds like lazy/sloppy work.

If he had been smoking it for years, what was the explanation for him suddenly dying from something he had been doing without serious harm for years? I mean, if someone drank a glass of water and then died unexpectedly, would you blame water or might you think something else might be afoot? Because it's easier to die from drinking too much water (causes brain swelling) than it is to fatally overdose on weed.

I am sorry for your loss. I just don't believe your dad actually died from weed. And if it was an undiagnosed medical condition, you should be concerned as well as you do share his genes.

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
so stop smoking weed if its what's getting people arrested the most

stoner s can't solve the riddle of common sense

:facepalm:

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Quote:
Just from reading this thread and your responses. I am, assuming, you mean things like weed, should not be criminalized.

For the sake of argument, lets start with just weed.

My mother in 1986 had to come tel a 14 year old child. Sitting doing his homework. Had to come tell her son, that his father, who he had JUST seen 4 weeks earlier (Parents divorced for 7 years at the time); was dead, as a fucking doornail, because he had died due to smoking weed.

And, only, because of smoking his little favorite downtime plant. No other particular reason. One minute “Feels like I have heartburn”; next, he climbed onto a stretcher, and was dead before he hit the emergency room door.

I, don't give a shit. What you or anyone else thinks. That shit should be illegal, and stay that way.

Is it rational? No, probably not. But no parent should have to sit down a child, and tell them “Hey, someone in your family just DIED, because some asshole sold them something obviously illegal and bad for them.”

And yes; its bad for you. Lie to me and tell me it's not.

I; know; it is. I've lived for 25 years without a parent because of it.

You. Are. Retarded.

I smoke weed every fucking day. I smoke it because i tore my right rotator cuff when i was a teenager, and I have had chronic pain ever since. I CHOOSE to smoke weed because I prefer its pain relieving properties to other pharmaceuticals, like opiates (i.e. heroine). I have a doctors recommendation to smoke it. Everyone in my family, right up to my 72 year old grandpa, has smoked weed their ENTIRE adult lives. And every one of them is not only still alive, but they are perfectly healthy simply because they have the willpower to get off their asses and exercise and eat right. The simple fact that everyone in my family has smoked TONS of weed everyday into old age proves that you and your momma are full of . My great grandparents (fuckin stoners FYI) died of natural causes in their late 90's.

Also, dont you dare tell me what i can and cant put in my own body. I don't tell you what to put in yours.

Bukkakeboy

gwiber: release the full death certificate!

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

Gibonius

If any part of that story is true, the weed probably had something else added in it, PCP, etc.

Which, ironically, is another argument for legalization since we could control purity, THC levels, etc.