General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangmonkey View Post
He repeatedly lied to a grand jury about statutory rape of a 21-year-old staffer. Then, when caught, tried to weasel his way out of having lied rather than manning up and dealing.

How is getting a blowjob from a 21 year old "statutory rape?" It wasn't involuntary, she wasn't a minor. It wasn't any type from crime from any commentary I've ever read, the only issue was lying about it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
How is getting a blowjob from a 21 year old "statutory rape?" It wasn't involuntary, she wasn't a minor. It wasn't any type from crime from any commentary I've ever read, the only issue was lying about it.

Poor choice of words on my part, edited.

To your point though: the notion of "voluntary" goes out the window in the legal sense when the two parties are not able to engage as equals. This is the same law which covers employer/employee sex. In any other legal case there is tremendous weight put onto the ability for participants to consent.

Gibonius

Quote:
Poor choice of words on my part, edited.

To your point though: the notion of "voluntary" goes out the window in the legal sense when the two parties are not able to engage as equals. This is the same law which covers employer/employee sex. In any other legal case there is tremendous weight put onto the ability for participants to consent.

Do you have a link that would explain this? That viewpoint seems pretty wacked to me, from the sexual harassment training I've had. I was under the impression that office relationships are perfectly accepted, even across authority lines, so long as there was no coercion or a hostile work environment is not created. Such relationships are far from rare, and many are quite public.

Since Lewinski never complained, I don't really see how we would have any grounds to say that she wasn't going into that 100% voluntarily.

This is sort of off topic though...

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

technically it's sex with direct reports, iirc. she did not report to him obviously. one of my cousins was a white house intern for bush. pretty sure she didn't get any.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_ask_why View Post
what bad choices did he make? I'm not really aware of any. the country was incredibly prosperous under his presidency. going after the guy for getting a blow job was a BS witch hunt by shameless GOP morons

he gutted the intelligence agencies

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Okay so Obama didn't bust out a Roosevelt-style "First 100 days" kind of reform. He's a centrist. However he had one term. Think of the things some of the famous presidents have accomplished in their 2nd one. Or 3rd/4th etc while that was legal

He's doing FINE...  For a young black man, tryin to make money doin all he can... 

Quote:

Did you notice Obama signing the Patriot Act renewal? Or was that not so bad after all?
Did you notice Obama raiding dispenseries in CA?
Did you notice the attempted expansion of internet kill-switch powers?
Did you notice travelers getting groped and detained?

Obama has spent his entire administration whining. He has been almost completely impotent in national affairs *except* for enhancing federal power.

Because those are the only things the republicans would agree to, and he was trying to barter with them instead of laying fools out and drawing the line.

He started fingering people in his speeches i do like that. I should have paid more attention but he named some of the dems that vote against him recently, got the crowd all riled up against these traitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post

Ok yeah you win with that one. Obama has done nothing. Both parties are corrupt. Vote for Ron paul

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
He did not respond strongly to radical-islamic challenges to US interests worldwide.
He oversaw the expansion of federal loan sponsorship.
He oversaw the repeal of Glass-Steagal (along with the rest of the myopic statists).
He oversaw the tech bubble which blew federal revenues up (then burst on his way out).
He supported long-term liabilities based on these windfall revenues (surplus? lol... how about massive increases in long-term spending requirements?)
He repeatedly lied to a grand jury about sex abuse of a 21-year-old staffer. Then, when caught, tried to weasel his way out of having lied rather than manning up and dealing.

lmao

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Eagle View Post
lmao

Excellent Point!