General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Your premise is oxymoronic. How would humanity benefit from ceasing to exist?

The reason poor christian peasants were told they couldn't off themselves as a fast track to heaven and reuniting with all their loved ones somewhere beyond the hellscape they called life was just to make them more productive slaves. You can't just tell people about a wonderful place like heaven and let them believe that just anyone can get there by dying, you have to have hell to scare them with and if they don't follow the rules and die correctly, they don't get to go to the good place...

Don't kill yourself, then you go to hell. Work yourself to death, then you get to go to heaven*.



*maybe
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-22-2012, 11:30 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet
 
Xcric's Avatar
 
i think you're confusing the protestant ethic with the whole of christianity, but the idea is still sound.
__________________
“My sorrow: to dream of simple times and wake in mine . . . .”
—Ola DaRiol, “Regrets”
Old 07-22-2012, 11:33 PM Xcric is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

Jack's raging erection
 
Jack's raging erection's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
just wait 10 years.

40 is a bit late to have kids, right? Well, fuck that shit. Didn't want 'em anyway. Score one more for the boomers.
__________________
My real name is Shaved Dog's Ass.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM Jack's raging erection is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's raging erection View Post
40 is a bit late to have kids, right? Well, fuck that shit. Didn't want 'em anyway. Score one more for the boomers.
unless i end up marrying some young chick, im pretty much done for too. No procreating for me
Old 07-23-2012, 01:40 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
Your premise is oxymoronic. How would humanity benefit from ceasing to exist?

The reason poor christian peasants were told they couldn't off themselves as a fast track to heaven and reuniting with all their loved ones somewhere beyond the hellscape they called life was just to make them more productive slaves. You can't just tell people about a wonderful place like heaven and let them believe that just anyone can get there by dying, you have to have hell to scare them with and if they don't follow the rules and die correctly, they don't get to go to the good place...

Don't kill yourself, then you go to hell. Work yourself to death, then you get to go to heaven*.



*maybe
Ora et labora, motherfuckers


Anyway, it's a very common western world argument that euthanasia should be legal. Ry in his infinite stupidity, doesn't seem to understand that while it appears some eastern philosophies condone suicide more openly, that's not the case. In general, it's related to the same arguments that are made in the west (in regards to a life not worth living through physical suffering, for example).
It's just that ry is an orientalist tool that doesn't understand a fuck about all this zen tao koan incense yoga shit he likes to babble about.
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 07-23-2012, 04:28 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

tegandje
LOOK AT ME, IM A FUCKIN HIPSTER
 
tegandje's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
unless i end up marrying some young chick, im pretty much done for too. No procreating for me
Get on it.
__________________
b35b36db324a18b072d431f4fbb833d1 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:02 PM tegandje is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
Ora et labora, motherfuckers

Veritas.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-23-2012, 05:37 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

robertjkruse
 
here's a real upbeat topic
Old 07-27-2012, 05:37 PM robertjkruse is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuHo View Post
It's just that ry is an orientalist tool that doesn't understand a fuck about all this zen tao koan incense yoga shit he likes to babble about.

its not about 'understanding' of such things, is about the removal of understanding


tehehehehe ^_^
Old 07-27-2012, 08:57 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:15 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.