General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
-talks about end user experience and it's importance
-goes on to blabber something meaningless about dev


yeah you fucking retard, go buy your hip shit overpriced garbage and feel elitist when others call you the retard you really are
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 10-23-2012, 12:26 PM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#76  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Jack's raging erection
 
Jack's raging erection's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post


But do you really think the world is just waiting to try and topple the greatest military power as well as the biggest economy on the planet?

A: it would take half of the world ganging up on us to take us out. we have more aircraft carriers than everyone else in the world combined.

B: we buy the world's shit. why would they want to kill the goose that lays golden eggs?

A good deal of the value of money is the faith people have in it. That dollar in your pocket is worth something simply because you believe it. With the way we've been behaving fiscally as of late, the world seems to be losing faith in that dollar. So, while we may be buying the world's stuff today, we might not be able to do so tomorrow because China and all the rest would tell us to right well fuck off with those dollars.

That, and seemingly insignificant events on the global scale have turned up shit storms in the past. That little dispute between China and Japan might mean something big one of these days. Syria might develop into some serious business. Same story for Iran. Then, there's the relationship we have with Pakistan, and their internal affairs to worry about. Romney's comments on China, I thought, were disturbing. Even without Romney, there's going to come a day of reckoning with China. I'm anxious about when and how that will happen.

Then, there's the shit that nobody will see coming. Like some ethnic conflict where an archduke gets assassinated. Some event like that, which gets way out of hand and triggers treaty clauses into effect. I'm not so sure how that can happen now, but they weren't looking too closely in 1914 or 1939, either. I'll just write that I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law, with the addition that what can go wrong will go very wrong.

EDIT: They toppled Rome, too.
__________________
My real name is Shaved Dog's Ass.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:21 PM Jack's raging erection is offline  
Reply With Quote
#77  

Jehannum
 
Jehannum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
Your inventing your own little fantasy world to make yourself feel right.

Or you just have a combination of really bad reading comprehension and a tendency to assume far too much when you have no idea.

Your post was essentially the equivalent of a 'nuh-uh', and if thats all you got in response to my post...
If you just wanna troll me without having any clue what your talking about, I'm all game, I'll stop you taking you seriously now and you can go in the same category as StrawMan RuHo.

So...

NUH-UH

Well, from a technical perspective, you're full of shit as well. IOS and Android provide exactly the same functionality, almost down to the server choices (I think they both use sqlite for database support, for example). There's no "co-op" mentality there on IOS: the kernel is closed, the app ecosystem is rigidly regulated by Apple, and in order to get any real control, you've got to jail-break the fucker. On Android, the kernel is open and you have a choice whether to buy into the app ecosystem or install 3rd party apps without Google's blessing.

It seems, to me, that you're just arguing that one is prettier than the other, and then wrapping stupid equivalencies around it that don't make sense (other than that it's likely that some fag at a co-op is going to vehemently defend his or her slave-produced iPhone).

I enjoy grass fed beef as much as the next guy, but claiming that IOS is better based on some intangible "co-op" mentality is just retarded. People develop for love or money, and the lovers aren't going to end up in the app store (where Apple takes the biggest cut anyhow).
__________________
Your powers are useless! I'm wearing my tin foil underwear!

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:41 PM Jehannum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#78  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
Well, from a technical perspective, you're full of shit as well. IOS and Android provide exactly the same functionality, almost down to the server choices (I think they both use sqlite for database support, for example). There's no "co-op" mentality there on IOS: the kernel is closed, the app ecosystem is rigidly regulated by Apple, and in order to get any real control, you've got to jail-break the fucker. On Android, the kernel is open and you have a choice whether to buy into the app ecosystem or install 3rd party apps without Google's blessing.

It seems, to me, that you're just arguing that one is prettier than the other, and then wrapping stupid equivalencies around it that don't make sense (other than that it's likely that some fag at a co-op is going to vehemently defend his or her slave-produced iPhone).

I enjoy grass fed beef as much as the next guy, but claiming that IOS is better based on some intangible "co-op" mentality is just retarded. People develop for love or money, and the lovers aren't going to end up in the app store (where Apple takes the biggest cut anyhow).

I never motioned once the 'co-op' metaphor had anything to do with 'openness', albeit I can see how you could draw the relation. But, I notioned the 'co-op' metaphor as only having a relation because it entails people behind the scenes to live a better quality of life. The iOS platform is a safer platform for developers to invest their career into. More developers are making money with it, and the actual development frameworks are way slicker to work with, and the way things are supposed to be done are more standardized and the knowledge gained from learning it is most likely going to remain more valuable, for longer, because of the size and stability of Apple.

All this segmentation in the mobile market, and all these different app stores, and all these different android devices having different chips, varying different screen sizes, variations between various manufacturers android releases, and varying ways to interface with underlying hardware features really makes life hell for developers. It's like so much more time is invested to produce android releases and for what? So people can feel like they aren't being a 'hipster' on a device that doesn't do anything better or so they can geek out on some super-techy feature that, had you bought all Apple products, is most likely completely redundant because Apple came up with a better method to do the same thing (i.e streaming video wirelessly)

And to call the App Store strictly regulated I think is a bit of an exageration. I think it is under-regulated. FAR too much useless scammy shit gets into the App Store. The approval process Apple has is largely to ensure the security of the device, scan the code, make sure it's not doing anything malicious, or out of scope, and make sure certain development guidelines are being followed so things are kept consistent.

Last edited by dio; 10-23-2012 at 07:54 PM..
Old 10-23-2012, 07:45 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#79  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post


why is this so funny
Old 10-23-2012, 08:00 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#80  

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED
 
lollersk8s's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I never motioned once the 'co-op' metaphor had anything to do with 'openness', albeit I can see how you could draw the relation. But, I notioned the 'co-op' metaphor as only having a relation because it entails people behind the scenes to live a better quality of life. The iOS platform is a safer platform for developers to invest their career into. More developers are making money with it, and the actual development frameworks are way slicker to work with, and the way things are supposed to be done are more standardized and the knowledge gained from learning it is most likely going to remain more valuable, for longer, because of the size and stability of Apple.

All this segmentation in the mobile market, and all these different app stores, and all these different android devices having different chips, varying different screen sizes, variations between various manufacturers android releases, and varying ways to interface with underlying hardware features really makes life hell for developers. It's like so much more time is invested to produce android releases and for what? So people can feel like they aren't being a 'hipster' on a device that doesn't do anything better or so they can geek out on some super-techy feature that, had you bought all Apple products, is most likely completely redundant because Apple came up with a better method to do the same thing (i.e streaming video wirelessly)

And to call the App Store strictly regulated I think is a bit of an exageration. I think it is under-regulated. FAR too much useless scammy shit gets into the App Store. The approval process Apple has is largely to ensure the security of the device, scan the code, make sure it's not doing anything malicious, or out of scope, and make sure certain development guidelines are being followed so things are kept consistent.


This is a long way of admitting they bring little to the table.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:26 AM lollersk8s is offline  
Reply With Quote
#81  

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......
 
Straw Man's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I never motioned once the 'co-op' metaphor had anything to do with 'openness', albeit I can see how you could draw the relation. But, I notioned the 'co-op' metaphor as only having a relation because it entails people behind the scenes to live a better quality of life. The iOS platform is a safer platform for developers to invest their career into. More developers are making money with it, and the actual development frameworks are way slicker to work with, and the way things are supposed to be done are more standardized and the knowledge gained from learning it is most likely going to remain more valuable, for longer, because of the size and stability of Apple.

All this segmentation in the mobile market, and all these different app stores, and all these different android devices having different chips, varying different screen sizes, variations between various manufacturers android releases, and varying ways to interface with underlying hardware features really makes life hell for developers. It's like so much more time is invested to produce android releases and for what? So people can feel like they aren't being a 'hipster' on a device that doesn't do anything better or so they can geek out on some super-techy feature that, had you bought all Apple products, is most likely completely redundant because Apple came up with a better method to do the same thing (i.e streaming video wirelessly)

And to call the App Store strictly regulated I think is a bit of an exageration. I think it is under-regulated. FAR too much useless scammy shit gets into the App Store. The approval process Apple has is largely to ensure the security of the device, scan the code, make sure it's not doing anything malicious, or out of scope, and make sure certain development guidelines are being followed so things are kept consistent.
what kind of a cocksucker writes things like this, just to convince himself
__________________
"dogs came to man to make friends and help us hunt and guard unlike pigs"
-lolergay
Old 10-24-2012, 04:52 AM Straw Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
#82  

Jehannum
 
Jehannum's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I never motioned once the 'co-op' metaphor had anything to do with 'openness', albeit I can see how you could draw the relation. But, I notioned the 'co-op' metaphor as only having a relation because it entails people behind the scenes to live a better quality of life. The iOS platform is a safer platform for developers to invest their career into. More developers are making money with it, and the actual development frameworks are way slicker to work with, and the way things are supposed to be done are more standardized and the knowledge gained from learning it is most likely going to remain more valuable, for longer, because of the size and stability of Apple.

Yeah, and Britney Spears sold a lot of albums. By the logic you've presented, her music must be dyno-MITE.

I'm having a hard time calling coders who work on phones "developers" with long "careers" ahead of them, though. Please, keep tickling that funny bone for me.

Quote:
All this segmentation in the mobile market, and all these different app stores, and all these different android devices having different chips, varying different screen sizes, variations between various manufacturers android releases, and varying ways to interface with underlying hardware features really makes life hell for developers. It's like so much more time is invested to produce android releases and for what? So people can feel like they aren't being a 'hipster' on a device that doesn't do anything better or so they can geek out on some super-techy feature that, had you bought all Apple products, is most likely completely redundant because Apple came up with a better method to do the same thing (i.e streaming video wirelessly)
Uh, it's pretty damned easy to use hardware features. There exists something called an application programming interface that exposes hardware features to the programmer.

And good luck streaming flash video on an iPhone.
__________________
Your powers are useless! I'm wearing my tin foil underwear!

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:56 AM Jehannum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#83  

Jack's raging erection
 
Jack's raging erection's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
COME ON

the only solution there is...

you know it, I know it, we all know it, why beat around the bush?

The Final Solution?
__________________
My real name is Shaved Dog's Ass.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:31 PM Jack's raging erection is offline  
Reply With Quote
#84  

silencer82
 
this damn hurricane is geo-engineered, or whatever, it ain't natural. I know i'm a complete idiot, but why would they make this hurricane to purposely disrupt the election if it doesn't matter who is elected in the first place since they are both puppets anyway?
__________________
peace and love y'all
Old 10-28-2012, 09:44 AM silencer82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#85  

PlaystationGuru
 
Let's talk more about cool cars!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 PM PlaystationGuru is offline  
Reply With Quote
#86  

Foolioq
 
Foolioq's Avatar
 
ELIXER LOL
__________________
Cool like a Fool in a Swimming Pool
Hoolio's Bitch
[P]resident of the John [P]reston Fan Club
Old 12-01-2012, 03:51 PM Foolioq is offline  
Reply With Quote
#87  

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.
 
Tex Arcana's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by silencer82 View Post
this damn hurricane is geo-engineered, or whatever, it ain't natural. I know i'm a complete idiot, but why would they make this hurricane to purposely disrupt the election if it doesn't matter who is elected in the first place since they are both puppets anyway?

Because the republitards thought they could wipe out half the eastern seaboard with their manufactured hurricane. Duh.

Problem is, they bought it from fucking Walmart; which means is was made in china; and we all know Chinese-made shit is crap; ergo, the hurricane failed to kill the liberalitards. QED.
__________________
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.--V


Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs


~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~
Old 12-01-2012, 10:49 PM Tex Arcana is offline  
Reply With Quote
#88  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
Yeah, and Britney Spears sold a lot of albums. By the logic you've presented, her music must be dyno-MITE.

I'm having a hard time calling coders who work on phones "developers" with long "careers" ahead of them, though. Please, keep tickling that funny bone for me.



Uh, it's pretty damned easy to use hardware features. There exists something called an application programming interface that exposes hardware features to the programmer.

And good luck streaming flash video on an iPhone.


Mobile Developers have a strong future I believe. Mobile IS the future of consumer grade electronics. I suspect more programmers are going to be employed through financial streams coming from mobile releases than non-mobile releases at some point in the near future.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:27 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#89  

dio
 
dio's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
This is a long way of admitting they bring little to the table.

The brought the entire multi-touch smart phone paradigm to the table.

They are the table.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:28 PM dio is offline  
Reply With Quote
#90  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.