General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Munky73770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus
= fitting to lose.

Replace the wcs with a hardener, a damage control, a bcu, something... anything other than a wcs.

When in doubt, damage mod.

That one stab I have fitted has saved my ass many times, but yeah, a lot of people have told me what you are saying...stick a bcu or something on it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Malakai

Looks like I'm going to be joining EOG's combat division, EOG Navy. Yay!

arioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky73770
Signal dispersion lvl 5 ...grants bonus to ecm strength

IF you do have that skill, then I dont know man. I can take a screenshot tonight when I get home and prove to you I am getting that level of jamming strength.

Honestly - I am not trying to be an ass with you

I am a 30 Mil SP character and I know what Signal Dispersion is and what it does

You cannot get 10 strength on an ECM II. I can only imagine you have an ECCM fitted in which case you are actually increasing the resists of jamming on a target ship.

IIRC only Estamels Modified ECM with a base of 7.6 can get a 10 or 10+ strength accross the board.

buteohawker

Um how much per month is eve?

Gen[M]ay welding club member

Elite_Garbage_Man

$15

buteohawker

hrm.... damn. Is there a genmay corp i could join?

Munky73770

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyvan
Can we get some of your ship specs/pics posted in here?

Here is my Buzzard setup...I never fly the thing, but when I do its used for the obvious....scouting ahead and using scan probes and such.

Highs - Covert ops cloak, Scan probe launcher
Mids - 3 x Sensor dampeners (to break locks so you can recloak and GTFO), Cap booster (150s loaded), Sensor booster
Lows - T2 PDU, T2 CPU

Defintely have Covert Ops skill trained to at least level 4....

Losing the ship itself isnt too much of a big deal, but the cov ops cloaker costs about 50 mil isk, and its a kick in the balls when it gets destroyed / looted by an enemy.

OmegaAquinas

Industrial type, so my Ferox setup alternates between PvE for the occasional mission and Mining.

PvE: Highs: 5x XR-3200 Heavy launchers, 1x tractor, 1x named med beam laser Mids: 3x Azerotropic Ward Salubrity Large Shield Extenders, 2x specific hardeners Lows: 2x Shield Relay Is, 2x BCUs

Mining: Highs 4x Miner IIs, 1x Mining Foreman Link: Laser Optimization, 1x tractor, 1x assault missile or heavy launcher Mids: 1x parallel link cap recharger, 1x hardener, 1x X5 proto webber, 1x -2scrambler Lows: 1x Type D Cargo expander (or better) 2x Mining Upgrades, 1x Quantum Coproc

Stoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch

Zealot:

Highs

4 x Heavy Pulse Laser II

Mids

1 x Domination Web
1 x Domination Scrambler
1 x Domination 10mn AB

Lows

1 x 1600mm Rolled Tungsten
1 x Tareis Modified Heat Sink
2 x Corpum Energised Adaptive Nanos
1 x Corpum Medium A Type Armor Repairer
1 x Seteles Modified Reactor Control Unit
1 x Tareis Modified Reactor Contol Unit
damn... thats an expensive zealot
you really find its worth fitting 2 rcu to get 1600mm and heavy pulses in
wouldn't you be better swapping the 2 rcu for more sinks and using focused pulses?
one of my zealots is setup like that but tbh i prefer the unplated heavy pulse setup with 3 sinks

p.s. give me some money _

-espionage-

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDeth
Sorry MadDog, I can't sponsor someone in I don't even know.

Also Xspionage I would yank that SS with the portrait pack in it ASAP, if someone from an enemy corp sees that, or a bitter vet sees it, alls they have to do is show a GM and you will be banned. Goes double because this forum is publically viewable.

er shit, i thought we came to the conclusion they wouldnt ban us for that shit... oh well, edited out

i mean, edited what out

Malakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by buteohawker
hrm.... damn. Is there a genmay corp i could join?

No there's not, as has been answered already on the last page (@50 ppp, the only way to browse).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaAquinas
Industrial type, so my Ferox setup alternates between PvE for the occasional mission and Mining.

PvE: Highs: 5x XR-3200 Heavy launchers, 1x tractor, 1x named med beam laser Mids: 3x Azerotropic Ward Salubrity Large Shield Extenders, 2x specific hardeners Lows: 2x Shield Relay Is, 2x BCUs

Mining: Highs 4x Miner IIs, 1x Mining Foreman Link: Laser Optimization, 1x tractor, 1x assault missile or heavy launcher Mids: 1x parallel link cap recharger, 1x hardener, 1x X5 proto webber, 1x -2scrambler Lows: 1x Type D Cargo expander (or better) 2x Mining Upgrades, 1x Quantum Coproc

That's a very strange mining setup. You could mine quite a bit more with an Osprey though. You can mine & tank way better in a geddon, domi, or megathron (my personal mining ship, works great with a tank or pure mining). But hey, do what you like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi
I bought a destroyer and 8 125mm railguns.

I have hardly any power left, though

Slap some MAPC's in the lows, or switch the guns to 75mm.

Last edited by Malakai; 08-15-2006 at 04:22 PM..

OmegaAquinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai

That's a very strange mining setup. You could mine quite a bit more with an Osprey though. You can mine & tank way better in a geddon, domi, or megathron (my personal mining ship, works great with a tank or pure mining). But hey, do what you like

It looks strange, but theres method in the madness.

The Ferox is to mount the Laser Optimization link, which reduces laser cycle time. With Mining Director 5, Squadron Command 3 I reduce the cycle time of my gang by 13%....once i get Cybernetics 5 that will jump to about 19% or so with the Mindlink.

I usually boss around a few retrievers/covetors, and a hulk or two....the ferox mines comparitively little, but the gang bonuses are worth what I lose from not flying a barge and then some.

After I train up some industry support skills, I'm going to try to train up to a command ship....although thats a loooong train queue! :P

buteohawker

Well i did it. I reactivated my eve account. Now i need something to do....what race makes the best pirate? gallante? and what about mining? hrm What should i make that will keep me entertained for the most part? help genmay

goatlord

Holy shit, that's gay. We just had two incredibly shitty things happen:

1.) Asshat horns in on our L3 complex in his Heavy Assault dildo, and blows up our key guy while we're dealing with the sentries. Then tells me that the game is free for all so he's not being a prick. Prick.

2.) Simultaneously, as prick is demolishing our ticket through the next gate, my buddy accidentally targets a cargo box someone has put RIGHT ON TOP of a sentry gun. CONCORDOWNED.

Go go griefers

I think I'm gonna like this game the second time around, though.

Munky73770

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatlord
Holy shit, that's gay. We just had two incredibly shitty things happen:

1.) Asshat horns in on our L3 complex in his Heavy Assault dildo, and blows up our key guy while we're dealing with the sentries. Then tells me that the game is free for all so he's not being a prick. Prick.