General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Incubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaAquinas
Well, if you agent farm for fun and profit, you want to get out of the level 1s and 2s ASAP. Connections skill at 3 is a minimum--adds a full point to your effective standings at 3.
The base Social skill also increases your rate of standings climb. So you could save yourself a LOT of grinding by getting them.

The Negotiations and various special area connections skills increase your payout and LP gain. LP is where you make your money via skillbook and implant offers and resales.

I'm most definitely not doubting the usefulness of the social skills for a mission runner - they're really helpful.

The point I'm making though is that in the grand scheme of things, the amount of sp you put into the social section is very limited. I've got all of mine social skills (connections, diplomacy, negotiation, social, plus political connections) trained to 4 and I have less than 500k sp in that area. I doubt I would put any more sp into it than what I've got currently. So, 500k sp is about two weeks of training time out of my entire eve career. Compare that to gunnery and spaceship command which together compose about a year and a half of training time for myself. I know where I'd rather have those attribute points.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

nameless?
Do I really have a name? -Property of OneWhoKnows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZQ
holy crap, another pure blind citizen...
I don't really live in pb I just come up here to kill shit

-espionage-

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch
Holy FUCKING shit!!!!!

How many people can say they lost THIS much Isk in a single day!?

2006.08.19 16:06

Victim: Larsson7
Alliance: Mercenary Coalition
Corp: Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams
Destroyed: Raven Navy Issue
System: Karan
Security: 0.0

Involved parties:

Name: Time Keeper
Security: 4.7
Alliance: Imperium Alliance
Corp: Vengeance of the Fallen
Ship: Dominix
Weapon: Ogre I

Name: Danny Hawk (laid the final blow)
Security: -4.2
Alliance: None
Corp: Supremacy
Ship: Tempest
Weapon: 1400mm Howitzer Artillery II

Name: x racer
Security: 1.2
Ship: Unknown
Weapon: Infiltrator I

Name: XirtamVotf
Security: 3.2
Ship: Typhoon
Weapon: Cruise Missile Launcher I

Name: TigCobra
Corp: Battlestars
Ship: Unknown
Weapon: Heavy Missile Launcher I

Name: Lord Talan
Weapon: ECM - Multispectral Jammer II

Name: Emah Spina
Security: -1.1
Corp: Shadows of the Wraiths
Ship: Capsule
Weapon: E5 Prototype Energy Vampire

Name: VVarlord
Security: 3.0
Corp: Freedom Guard
Ship: Brutix
Weapon: Brutix

Name: angelena
Security: -0.6
Ship: Claw
Weapon: Claw

Name: MacheteDemon
Security: 1.0
Corp: PsyCorp
Ship: Cyclone
Weapon: 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I

Name: Trader Joe
Security: 3.9
Corp: Battlestars
Ship: Capsule
Weapon: Cruise Missile Launcher I

Name: Growler667
Ship: Ferox
Weapon: Ferox

Name: Neco
Security: -6.1
Alliance: Vertigo Coalition
Corp: Royal Hiigaran Navy
Weapon: 1400mm Howitzer Artillery I

Destroyed items:

Dread Guristas Invulnerability Field
Dread Guristas Shield Boost Amplifier (Cargo)
Thon's Modified Cruise Missile Launcher
Hakim's Modified Cruise Missile Launcher
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I
Domination Cruise Missile Launcher
Power Diagnostic System II
Wrath Cruise Missile, Qty: 1099 (Cargo)
'Anointed' I EM Ward Reinforcement (Cargo)
Hammerhead I (Drone Bay)
Hammerhead I (Drone Bay)
Paradise Cruise Missile, Qty: 1102 (Cargo)
Alumel-Wired I Sensor Augmentation

Surviving in can was 3 x Dread Gurista BCU, 1 x Dread Invul Field, 1 x Thons XL Booster and 4 Officer/Faction Cruise launchers

Then, and remember this has a FULL GRADE Crystal Implant set with +5% Missile rof, +5% Missile damage and +5% Sig reduction

2006.08.19 16:06

Victim: Larsson7
Alliance: Mercenary Coalition
Corp: Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams
Destroyed: Capsule
System: Karan

Involved parties:

Name: Danny Hawk (laid the final blow)
Security: -4.9
Weapon: 1400mm Howitzer Artillery II

THEN, oh yeah, there is more

I went to jump into my FULL GRADE Halo set and didnt realise I was at the same fucking station the Implant set was installed!

Lost Full Grade Halo, +5% Small Projectile Implant, Akemons 8% to Armor implant and some other implants

Total loss? About 8-10 BILLION depending on market.

I kind of feel physically ill atm

the fact that its the corp you used to be CEO of makes me

but still, thats fucking horrible D:

Narcosynthesis

Is it normal to have to shit (edit: sit ) and wait for 10 minutes after clicking connect for it to give you a connection to host lost error?

Then do it again, and get the error again.

Seven or eight times?

Perhaps some sort of "You're not important because you're on a trial account." thing?

Or does the auth/login server just suck?

Alienate me, learn to hate me, Crucify your ideals the flesh is the swine, We are the last ones and we are bleeding for an unseen god.

Last edited by Narcosynthesis; 08-20-2006 at 02:31 PM..

Incubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcosynthesis
Is it normal to have to shit (edit: sit ) and wait for 10 minutes after clicking connect for it to give you a connection to host lost error?

Seven or eight times?

Perhaps some sort of "You're not important because you're on a trial account." thing?

No, not usually. I'm not sure if they still have it or not, but at one point they had a limit on the number of concurrent trail users that were allowed to be connected. If it's not that error, then I don't know.

Malakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immune
I made an Achura Monk with 3pt in percep and 2pt in INT. however, I chose level Caldari frigate and if caldari ships are crap, I just wasted 95k SP which I could have put towards an Amarr vessel or Minamatar.

My Stats at Char Creation are Cha:3 Int: 10: Perc: 12 Will: 8 Mem: 6

edit: My guy is 1.5 days old

This is fine immune. For a combat pilot, in order of most important:
Perc, int, will, mem, cha (useless)

I started with low perc, which is why I'm only at 14m sp right now, instead of the 16 I could have if I'd had a higher starting perc. I made an amarr char with a super high willpower cause thats what someone told me was most important. But yours sound fine.

My starting perc was 7

Malakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcosynthesis

Seven or eight times?

The server bugged out yesterday & the day before, some kind of database bug. They've had to do several unscheduled reboots to fix it. This is not commonplace though, don't be discouraged. Usually eve is hella stable, moreso than any other MMO I've played (recently, I remember UO being damn stable).

partyvan

awesome achura starting stats ftw

PixelCloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyMule
Well my corp just joined the KOS alliance a few weeks ago. Getting settled into 0.0 life. Fighting RA is pretty fun but can't say I enjoy the market in 0.0. All the going back and forth to empire does get old to bring in ships and supplies.

it is realistic though

Proxenos of Torpedoes

Can anyone explain to me what is going on here:

I had a trade route all yesterday and for half of this morning buying stuff in one system, and selling it in a system one jump over. Then for some reason, the station I was selling my stuff to would only buy half of my goods, and the other half (of the same stack) when I click sell this item it will only let me sell it for about 1/20 the price 11 jumps away. There is still an enormous buy order at that station though.

And then, if I go 3 more jumps to another station, I can sell my goods (although for about half my original margin)

Munky73770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immune
... I chose level Caldari frigate and if caldari ships are crap, I just wasted 95k SP which I could have put towards an Amarr vessel or Minamatar...

No, they are not crap. I fly caldari only, and on my main char I only PVP/Gate gank (-9.7 sec status 4tw) on him.

Here are some of my fav ships:

Rook = T2 ship. With Recon lvl 5 and the other electronics skills up, you can jam motherfuckers at 150km EASY.

Eagle = T2 ship. Stick 250mm railgun t2's on this fucker and snipe to your content. This ship also has a very mean tank (if you set it up right) and you could stick blasters on it if you want to get up close and personal to fuck somebody's day up.

Caracal = T1 cruiser. One of my fav's.. I like putting an EW setup on this thing for larger battles, but if not, I use it as a tackling ship.

Moa = T1 frig. Great tackling ship....cheap as hell and all I do is stick basic crap on it (no named or t2 shit).... AB, 20k, web in mids.

Scorp = BS that specializes in electronic warfare. I rather fly the rook, but with the scorp you can at least put either 4 x cruise or torps on

Raven = BS which a lot of people consider the pwnmobile. I dont really fly one that much, but if I do, its def a torp raven.

Vienge.
Vienge
FULL BLOWN WIENER!

I was having connection errors as well and looked at the site apparently the game doesn't like routers and will disconnect for certain people. Hooked my DSL to my laptop directly and not a problem since.

Incubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxenos of Torpedoes
Can anyone explain to me what is going on here:

I had a trade route all yesterday and for half of this morning buying stuff in one system, and selling it in a system one jump over. Then for some reason, the station I was selling my stuff to would only buy half of my goods, and the other half (of the same stack) when I click sell this item it will only let me sell it for about 1/20 the price 11 jumps away. There is still an enormous buy order at that station though.

And then, if I go 3 more jumps to another station, I can sell my goods (although for about half my original margin)

You cannot trade one item indefinitely, even npc goods. The more you trade, the more the price goes up at the selling station and the more the price goes down at the buying station. It makes sense because the people you're buying from realize there is now a greater demand for their good, so they can increase the price. The people that you're selling to realize there is now a surplus, so they lower their buying price. It's also to prevent lucrative trade runs from being run by anyone and everyone.

You can only move a certain amount of a particular good from one station to another each day before the market starts to adapt. If you want to keep trading, find another item or route. The npc market resets each day after downtime.

Proxenos of Torpedoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus
You cannot trade one item indefinitely, even npc goods. The more you trade, the more the price goes up at the selling station and the more the price goes down at the buying station. It makes sense because the people you're buying from realize there is now a greater demand for their good, so they can increase the price. The people that you're selling to realize there is now a surplus, so they lower their buying price. It's also to prevent lucrative trade runs from being run by anyone and everyone.

You can only move a certain amount of a particular good from one station to another each day before the market starts to adapt. If you want to keep trading, find another item or route. The npc market resets each day after downtime.

Yeah but according to the market the buy order at the station hasn't changed, and it is still about 33k units they want. Is that a bug then?

Vienge.
Vienge
FULL BLOWN WIENER!

I just have to post this.

So I was running missions in Minmar when I get an email from an NPC agent for a special storyline mission.

the mission...mine 999 units of veldspar and take it back to him..n00b stuff right?

the reward?

A Limited Memory Augmentation unit.

I can't use it but not 4 jumps away it sells for 1.5 MILLION ISK.

I just more than doubled my money in the span of 30 minutes.

edit:

check the name of the system I sold it in.

Last edited by Vienge.; 08-21-2006 at 03:16 PM..