General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

SKYY

Wow, I'm glad I am waiting for the Gold edition...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Hard going from three expansions worth of additional content and polish into a brand new product.

here is the droid I was looking for

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=381707

Also, I changed my autosave to 5 turn increments the first time I wanted to load and realize the last save was eight turns old.

bennyb

I mean, the game is buggy as fuck. Still having a blast playing it though.

Immortal AI is really goddamn aggressive.

Bill

32 hours so far.
Starting up a new game, shooting to maintain my 8 hour days.

Bill

Mr. Napoleon's musketeers didn't really stand much chance against Ghandi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd

I had somewhere around 40 cities and happiness. I think india leader is a pretty cool guy. eh can ignore his own racial penalties and doesnt afraid of anything.

SGT Rob

giant death robot

bennyb

I'm getting kind of sick of the AI... All they do is destroy each other, try to get me to destroy other Civs... then try to pull a fast one and wipe me out while i'm dealing with what they're asking me to kill.

5 games so far and every single one i've basically had to say, fuck it, i'm wiping these bastards out. And when it comes to combat, the only thing i've had trouble with was englands longbowman which were eventually steamrolled by a few knights.

EBoundEE

Just finished an 8 player match, decided to rock the nazis and take over ze world lol Took over a couple barbarian camps right away and spawned extra units, so steamrolled Washington quick and then proceded to take over my continent. I think I might be a fan of total war a little more, but this has definitely been addicting and fun

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by -espionage- View Post
i also like how you dont require transports anymore to move over sea/ocean tiles.

Wait, how does that work? You can just send your tanks out onto the ocean like boats?

bennyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
Wait, how does that work? You can just send your tanks out onto the ocean like boats?

You eventually (not too far into the game) research something, either sailing or optics, and it gives your units the ability to 'embark' which allows you to move your units onto the water, and they become boats. You can't like, ranged attack with archers on the water (i don't think), but you can make limited moves across the water.

Bill

Ends all movement to embark.
Move painfully slow in water, 2-3 hexes at the beginning, then up to 6 or so late-game.
Ends all movement to disembark.

Its pretty slow, you can't LOL ZERG RUSH with a giant transport ship. While your guys are in the water, the units themselves are defenseless (usually) so all it takes is someone else just moving into the same hex to sink your 20-turns-of-production unit. Assuming say 10 units and late-game, crossing a moderately large ocean, its roughly 10 turns to have all your stuff up and ready to go on the new land. Plus you have to cover them with Destroyers (huuuge sight) and other offensive ships so you don't get your shit auto-sunk by barbarians. Depends on ocean size, but mostly its making landfall in a safe (but very likely small) location which is time consuming.

Cads

Alright who wants to do an [M] multiplayer game?

We can play like one or two nights a week for a set number of turns, depending on schedules. You can reload multiplayer games and pick up from where you left off by inviting people through Steam.

I am thinking 4 players, tiny map, Continents, Quick game speed.

My schedule is wide open, when are you guys available, EST? I can't play the shitty AI anymore. Post your SteamID as well.

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

I'd like to do some multiplayer civ. Sounds like fun.

My schedule is all over the place... but I generally stay up until 1am EST or so. My SteamID is 'dblngr.'

bennyb

Multiplayer is pretty poorly implemented in this game. There isn't any actual save function, you have to rely on auto saves.

It's buggy as hell and half of the time launching the game doesn't even work.

Someone play as japan and just samurai rush, LAWL.

Malne

Playing on Prince level. Took out England early, left Babylon with 1 worthless city way down on the tip of the continent, basically right continent has been mine the whole game. Russia has been doing the same on the left continent, took out Japan, Germany and who knows who else. We allied for war, I took out China which used to be the bottom patch of the left continent, but by taking the Rock of Gibraltar with one of the cities, I pissed off Russia. China has 1 city left, Russia decides she's got Manifest Destiny and attacks me. I fend off her initial attack and have been steamrolling her since. I've had roughly 20 turns of golden age and another 11 still to go. At one point I had 40+ happiness.

Last edited by Malne; 09-30-2010 at 12:50 PM..