General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Basically fattos MR2 goes back 2 bank (attn gribly)

Not really back 2 bank, it's going to the shop on thu and should be back on the road by the following week... MR2's timing belt developed a tremendous amount of slack. It happened gradually, car was running rich, losing timing, then for some reason it all came to a head this saturday when I changed oil, flushed brakes, and did some random tightening and greasing.

Between 1500 and 2500 RPM there was this HORRIBLE rattling noise accompanied by a momentary CEL. But then above, or below that range the car ran basically fine... There is about 3/4" of extra slop in the belt after it comes off of the cams. Luckily for me, the 3SGTE is non interference, so I think the motor escaped unscathed. TB/WP/tensioners/idlers and various seals that weren't replaced by the guy who sold it to me are on order, and will be replaced this time. He will be chipping in or covering the whole cost...

Anyway... Have a shitload of work to do this week, I have nearly unlimited parking spaces where I live... and do not want to flush hundreds on Uber... So I asked him if he had any beaters he was selling, bought this POS off of him.

93 Si, salvage title, looks like side impact (you can see the wall of bondo on drivers side,) 108k, brakes/oil done, some transmission noise in low gears, basically everything seems to be working but on its way out... 1300

I will drive it to destruction, not sink money into it obviously

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

gribly

Nice beater. I still have mine, but it doesn't move on it's own. Snapped the driver cv shaft when I decided the see just how much yank it had in 1st. Did it three days before I bought my truck. The car is sold to like three different people, whoever has the cash first gets it. My CRF250L is way more fun for blasting around tight roads, and I want to finish getting my '78 DT400 back on the road before I even think about another car. I spend at least an hour a day browsing classifieds for older cars (pre '80) and dreaming, but I haven't even started on my garage yet. My truck isn't very exciting, but it has an 8' bed and the LU3 V6 has enough power for a 2wd to get on the highway with short on-ramps just fine.

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

you need to stop buying cars from this guy

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

I lied in Group

I haven't actually paid shit for it yet

if it fails or has some major catastrophe (or back fees for reg are astronomical) I'm returning

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

We should add up all the money Ghetto has sunk into beaters and see what he could have bought with it. My guess is mid-range BMW or Mercedes for sure.

"This crosses the line." - Tex Arcana

"a war of attrition it'll be then, i'll tell you this much i have much more longevity and time for this game than you do" - Redrum

mikeawesome

probably new m3

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
We should add up all the money Ghetto has sunk into beaters and see what he could have bought with it. My guess is mid-range BMW or Mercedes for sure.

what would i have driven all along?

mid range merc or bmw both gay and boring as hell

and if i'd financed/bought either new I would have lost more

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

is that trailer in the background the fap shack for you and the roommates?

"This crosses the line." - Tex Arcana

"a war of attrition it'll be then, i'll tell you this much i have much more longevity and time for this game than you do" - Redrum

mikeawesome

how much is the fine in cali for driving with expired tags

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

How many of your roaches do you reckon have caught a ride w you to work, where they've then hopped onto passengers carryons or into their clothing while you aggressively search them? 2-300? 1000+?

your roaches are international

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

mikeawesome

how much is the fine in cali for driving with a license plate that belongs to another car

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeawesome View Post
how much is the fine in cali for driving with a license plate that belongs to another car

bout 3 fiddy

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Those are all terrible choices... And how am I supposed to raise 20k? Its not "oh I have 20k... But instead of buying a late model midrange bmw let me go buy this 15 y/o 12000 dollar m3 that needs work and flush the rest on upgrading and fixing it"

Stupid, pointless discussion not based in reality

Ultimately i am fixing my credit and will get a loan, get something newer I guess. For now I am enjoying my cars, you can both fuck off.

Neither of you get it because neither of you are into cars. Midrange modern euro cannot be worked on. Cannot be modded the way older cars can. They can, but its a totally different experience, less rewarding, totally different money-wise. And theyre ugly, slow, heavy, boring, bland.... Can almost swap badges between any car in this segment and youd have trouble distinguishing bmw from merc from Hyundai.....

Try to break down the financials of BDs fantasy football and football watching hobby... He pays hundreds a month for shitty cable, he pays to get into fantasy leagues, he flushes hundreds of hours watching, thinking about fagball, when he should be doing something productive like groping uber girs, earning money not wasting it. And at the end of the day all he has done is occupy time, whereas I get transportation out of the deal as well.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Last edited by GhEttOrAiD; 12-19-2017 at 03:57 AM..

dipshit.
royjr
65/m/furry looking for 12/m/top

GUD WITH MUNEE
"I'm done here fuck all of you faggots." -GhEttOrAiD 07-16-2014, 05:10 PM.