General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by curdledvomit View Post
oh and also there is going to be a huge earth quake/ tsunami situation in Cali very soon. you are welcome.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Jack's raging erection

Quote:
oh and also there is going to be a huge earth quake/ tsunami situation in Cali very soon. you are welcome.

See you down in Arizona Bay.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I listen to Tool because I'm a tool.

kjikji

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
+ YouTube Video

i'm subscribed to that guy on yt

Last edited by kjikji; 09-06-2013 at 02:28 PM..

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

curdledvomit

this fromk... http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...11-14-05-21-09

Nov 14, 5:21 AM EST

Bird flu strain infects human for 1st time

By MARIA CHENG
AP Medical Writer

LONDON (AP) -- A strain of bird flu that scientists thought could not infect people has shown up in a Taiwanese woman, a nasty surprise that shows scientists must do more to spot worrisome flu strains before they ignite a global outbreak, doctors say. (more at site)

00110001 00110011 01101011 and damn proud of it!

Squid posted..."curdledvomit is the first +10k guy i actually care about"

acc6d08c13aa2f2586ec5bf7b70854c3

aoeoae

Ok

edplayer
no

Quote:

I'm still waiting dawg

I'm starting to look stupid standing out here all this time...

[QUOTE=g|aSsJaw;25381666]I'm not going to go back and forth with you about it all night, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

curdledvomit

first human case of bird flu in Hong Kong...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9B10MA20131202

Creepster

There's lotsa asians, and there's karma to be repaid for the rhino poaching and eating stuff alive.

aoeoae

i might do a thread like this on neurogenesis

Vote McCain!
Retardism

there's more...

+ YouTube Video

curdledvomit

This from... http://www.france24.com/en/20131207-...-bird-flu-case

Hong Kong quarantines 19 people over second bird flu case

AFP - Hong Kong on Saturday quarantined an additional 19 people after the city confirmed its second human case of the deadly H7N9 bird flu, less than five days after it confirmed its first, officials said.

The 19 people were close contacts of the second carrier of H7N9 in the city -- an 80-year-old Hong Kong man who had been living in the neighbouring mainland Chinese city of Shenzhen.

The man developed a fever and was found to be infected with the virus on Friday after he was admitted to the city's Tuen Mun hospital on Tuesday due to underlying medical conditions.

"Nineteen close contacts of the patient have been quarantined," a government statement released late Saturday said.

Out of the 19 quarantined, 13 had stayed in the same cubicle with the elderly man at the city's Tuen Mun hospital, five were his family members, and one other was the taxi driver who drove him from the border to the hospital, the statement said.

Eighteen of the quarantined patients have tested negative for the deadly virus, while the test results for an "asymptomatic" patient was pending. All 19 will be quarantined for 10 days since their last contact with the carrier.

Officials are still investigating whether or not the 80-year-old patient, who remains in stable condition, had come into contact with poultry on the mainland.

On Monday the city admitted a 36-year-old Indonesian domestic helper who was infected with the virus.

"She has a history of travelling to Shenzhen, buying a chicken, slaughtering and eating the chicken," Hong Kong health minister Ko Wing-man had said of the patient, who remains in a critical condition.

Health officials said they have not found any links between the two cases.

The government has placed 17 people who had been in close contact with the Indonesian patient under quarantine since Tuesday.

Hong Kong is especially alert to the spread of viruses after an outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) swept through the city in 2003, killing 299 people and infecting around 1,800.

In all, 138 human cases of H7N9 have been reported in mainland China since February with 45 deaths, according to the World Health Organization.

auntie
pwned

omg nothing is going to happen
[QUOTE=oleo]I'm almost 30 and I almost got fat again.[/QUOTE]
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

curdledvomit

This from... http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...ected-in-china

New Bird Flu Strain Detected in China

The strain of the virus, H10N8, was not previously known to infect humans

By Allie Bidwell

A woman in eastern China was confirmed to have been carrying a new strain of the bird flu, after she died of respiratory failure earlier this month, Chinese health officials announced Wednesday.

The 73-year-old woman, who was living in the Jiangxi Province and died on Dec. 6, was confirmed to have been carrying the H10N8 strain of the bird flu, which had previously not been known to infect humans.

Although Chinese government officials have not confirmed that the death was connected to the virus, the World Health Organization told Reuters that was the case. According to a government statement, the woman was diagnosed with severe pneumonia, high blood pressure, a neuromuscular disorder, and had suffered a heart attack.

Although family members who had been in contact with her have not yet shown symptoms, the woman had visited a live bird market four days before becoming ill. China has had a history of dealing with strains of the bird flu. Another strain of the virus, H7N9, was first reported in China in March 2013, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

By the end of October, WHO reported there had been 137 laboratory-confirmed human cases of H7N9 in China, including 45 deaths, but that there had been no sustainable evidence of transmission between humans.

A WHO report from early October also stated that the country would be on enhanced surveillance of the virus and that more cases could be expected.

“Owing in part to the emergence of avian influenza A(H7N9) virus and infections of humans with this virus in China, there is enhanced surveillance for various subtypes of avian influenza in both humans and animals in China, the countries neighboring China, and globally,” the report says. “It is therefore expected that more influenza … events in humans and animals will be detected and reported, as well as identification and reporting of infections with a variety of other influenza subtypes and reassortant viruses.”

Vote McCain!
Retardism

so cuet