General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

BReilley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Buck View Post
And also because it's a much better platform to fight with in most situations...

Explain why. FAL has a similar weight, similar OAL, similar mag capacity(at least similar to a .308 AR), and I've already mentioned I like the ergonomics more. Why better?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

monkey-boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BReilley View Post
Explain why. FAL has a similar weight, similar OAL, similar mag capacity(at least similar to a .308 AR), and I've already mentioned I like the ergonomics more. Why better?

i wouldnt say its necessarily better but it is usually less ammo sensitive. but the cost for that relibility is going to be accuracy. Fal's dont exactly have great open sights.

i
but givin a choice between the two, (I) would take the fal

00 Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BReilley View Post

similar weight?! lol!... My 6920 with an Aimpoint + loaded mag (28 rounds) weighs around 7 pounds.

I'm guessing a similar set up with a FAL to be at least 10.5 pounds total. Someone with a FAL plz weigh. I only have a receiver.

For indoor/urban fighting, something smaller with less muzzle blast and penetration is better. Main battle rifles are better for extended range and penetrating cover but they give up speed.

Indoor/urban shooting = closer distance = fastest accurate shooter wins.

The AR design is so easy/fast to manipulate compared to other platforms it feels like cheating. Try doing emergency reloads and multiple double tap drills from the low ready position with a FAL vs. an AR and tell me which is faster. Also consider firing one handed...

BPJ

I have plenty of FALs and AR15s. FAL doesn't even come close to being as light as my heaviest AR15.

I don't much see the point in a sub 16-18" .308 which is what it would take for indoor/urban shooting. They are neat, but not practical when there are other choices available.

The FAL gives you a ton more reach out and touch someone than the AR15. It's just big and badass. But even a 20" AR feels tiny compared to a 21" FAL.

Ergonomics wise I like the FALs safety selector over the AR. Not a big fan of the 90 degree switch.

Reliability wise the FAL is a real workhorse. The free world's AK.

Wood, wood, wood. Would you please get that penis out of my butt?

That's a good poem.