General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

T-Unit

I have to vote for an 870, even though my Benelli Nova is my main shotty, the 870 is a great reliable gun, and my personal favorite. I know too many people with Mossbergs that have nothing but trouble with them.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofd92 View Post
okay so I take it the Mossberg is what I should go with. Now I'm mostly going to be doing clay shooting down at the range. What do you recommend for barrel length? I know it sounds stupid to pick a gun based on looks but when I went to some local stores, I didn't really like the look of anything bigger than 24". The 18" sat best with me, easy to move with and what not. I don't know what you guys think of it for target and clay shooting though.
As for the other reasons that I want a gun apart from recreation there is always protection. I don't live in a high crime area but there is always that "what if." I also like the social aspect. I know plenty of guys with guns and its another thing to talk about, another thing to shoot the sh*t over.

Buy what you like, personally, I would buy the mossberg and get a 2nd barrel so you can skeet (skeet skeet) and use it for home defense.

Raider

I have an 870 Wingmaster. I do not believe they make these anymore, but it is a hell of a reliable weapon. I would suggest and 870 express, my brother has one and it is a nice peice of steel!

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday

it's extremely difficult to shoot skeet with a pump shotgun. not even worth the time.

jfnirvana292
I had this name since 1796.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider View Post
I have an 870 Wingmaster. I do not believe they make these anymore, but it is a hell of a reliable weapon. I would suggest and 870 express, my brother has one and it is a nice peice of steel!

Yeah they still make the wingmasters.. about 600 bucks. too much money for me, even though it looks like a great shot gun. I got the mossberg 500.

Benzino
[M]ontana [M]ayhem

Remington 870 Express or Benelli Nova.

"google is going to cure cancer, aids and male pattern baldness"
CeleronDude