General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

T-Unit

A girl in my state was killed answering a Craiglist ad, I would be carrying if I went to go pick somethin up.

http://www.abc15.com/mostpopular/sto...2-4b187968bdf5

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Ajchez

I could use a brief rundown on this. Is the only way to open carry in a holster? When does carrying a gun in a holster become concealed carry?

anomaly95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajchez View Post
I could use a brief rundown on this. Is the only way to open carry in a holster? When does carrying a gun in a holster become concealed carry?

I think it would be best to look up your state laws. I would not trust someone on an internet forum saying what you can or can't do, especially with a possible felony at stake.

iqarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajchez View Post

open carry

concealed carry (with shirt over the pistol obviously)
.......v

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday

i definately would not trust someone from craigslist. I would definately be packing, preferrably i'd have friends with me who were packing also. You can't be too safe. I mean shit, for a criminal that would be like scheduling your own robbery

Scanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
i definately would not trust someone from craigslist. I would definately be packing, preferrably i'd have friends with me who were packing also. You can't be too safe. I mean shit, for a criminal that would be like scheduling your own robbery

Here is my simple screening process for choosing people I want to deal with: If I call them and a Black man or Hispanic picks up, the deal is OFF!

That German Guy
Moderation is key. Especially in forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
Here is my simple screening process for choosing people I want to deal with: If I call them and a Black man or Hispanic picks up, the deal is OFF!

More like "Here's a simple screening process fir you guys to decide if I'm a racist fucktard: YES"

As for shady deals: I don't do shady.
WISDOM

Scanner

You couldn't see my sarcasm bleeding out of my post? Read my post further up in the thread. Like I said before, bringing a gun to a Craigslist deal is just asking for trouble.

detail
Impeach and try Bush/Cheney! 911 was an inside job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey-boy View Post
wouldn't you already have committed a felony since you were packin' illegally?

if caught by the po-po i doubt one more check against you is really gonna make that much difference. So why be paranoid about going one step further and fully concealing the sucker?

No, it is legal to pack in AZ. It is illegal to conceal without a permit.

detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Only a few states require gun registration. Also unless the OP had his gun in a holster on the outside of his pants, he was technically concealing his gun. The fact that he was printing (the gun showing through the fabric) does not mean he was openly carrying.

No, I had it in my back pocket holstered. The glock is large enough that enough was showing that it was fully legal. Had I covered the gun with my shirt, I would have been breaking the law.

It is ok to have your gun holstered, it is even legal to have it holstered and partially visible as long as enough is being shown to be IDed as a weapon, here is an explaination:

Quote:
A few years ago Arizona joined over forty other states in allowing its residents to legally carry concealed weapons. The change was not surprising; the state had always been fairly pro-gun. In fact, it has long been legal to carry a weapon almost anywhere so long as it was ". . . carried in a belt holster which holster is wholly or partially visible or carried in a scabbard or case designed for carrying weapons which scabbard or case is wholly or partially visible or carried in luggage. žARS 13-3102G." In other words, if enough of the weapon shows to be able to tell that it is a weapon, then it is legal. The last passage mentions luggage and is generally considered by police to include women’s purses.
It is belt holster I had it in, partially concealed in my back pocket, which is LEGAL in AZ. The law does not state where the holster needs to be, just that it is holstered and partially or wholly visible .

Last edited by detail; 07-16-2008 at 12:23 AM..

detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klypr View Post
Sounds like you need to do your research before carrying again.

No, I don't. It was in a holster in my back pocket (which makes it so I can grab is since the holster is for righties and I'm a lefty), which is legal as I quoted the law above.

I'll see if I can get a picture taken next time I am over there.

detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqarus View Post
open carry

concealed carry (with shirt over the pistol obviously)

As it is pictured now, that is legal in AZ.

Feigned

Yeah, same thing for me. The handgun is just another appendage that I feel naked without.
indianaimpreza.com

DHermit
www.TShirtReview.com

I've bought things off craigslist before and always bring my concealed to the deal (but I have a permit).

Klypr
Pittsburgh Poz

Quote:
Originally Posted by detail View Post
No, I don't. It was in a holster in my back pocket (which makes it so I can grab is since the holster is for righties and I'm a lefty), which is legal as I quoted the law above.

I'll see if I can get a picture taken next time I am over there.

No, you had the holster in your pocket. No matter how much of it is visible, the fact that it is in a pocket automatically makes it concealed. Ask any cop from any state. They will agree.