General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

BPJ

Actually it compares directly to the Kel-Tec. The fit and finish aren't nearly as nice as the Kahr, but it goes bang every time, what more does it need to do?

Wood, wood, wood. Would you please get that penis out of my butt?

That's a good poem.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Firehawk0220

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHermit View Post
For reference, I got my P45 for $550 used a year ago (standard, all black, white dot sights). I'd never pay the NIB price. Come to think of it, I've only bought one gun new in my life, and that's my ar-15.

Post pics of your sights in the dark pls, or video.

Oh and this gun doesn't compare to a keltech. God I hate keltech.

I've never bought a used gun. I just can't get over the thought that some people just might be dumping thier problems on some unsuspecting idiot. You can do all you want to check it out but short of you actually shooting the damn thing you don't know for sure if it will really work reliably.

I too can't stand Keltech. The quality just isn't there.

DHermit
www.TShirtReview.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk0220 View Post
I've never bought a used gun. I just can't get over the thought that some people just might be dumping thier problems on some unsuspecting idiot. You can do all you want to check it out but short of you actually shooting the damn thing you don't know for sure if it will really work reliably.

I too can't stand Keltech. The quality just isn't there.

that said, I've never had a "lemon" of a gun. 1/2 my guns were given to me after being passed down in the family, so those are "used", and I've bought my Beretta, Bryco, Kahr, Remmington, and Savage used. None have ever had a single problem! IMO guns are something that work, if taken care of properly. Nothing that can't be fixed if I did find a problem, with a replacement part or so, as after all, it is just a machine with no electronics. Before I buy a used gun, I look at all the key areas, and then some. I've found plenty of things wrong with other guns that I did NOT buy because of careful inspection.

Example, when I was looking at getting my father a shotgun, I looked at a nice Winchester, and after careful inspection in the light, I could see that there was discoloration around the area of the choke tube on the barrel. An untrained eye would of completely missed this and not known that more then likely, a blowtorch had been taken to the barrel to remove the choke tube, in the process both weakening it and slightly dis-forming it.

Last edited by DHermit; 07-28-2008 at 09:33 AM..

Typhoon43

Congrats on the new piece. I have a couple of friends with them and they rock for carry.

SamFarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteguy View Post
Even if that was good enough, which it most certainly is not (always treat a firearm as if it's loaded), there's clearly a magazine in the gun.

Some of you people take this too far. How do you check to see if the barrel is clean?

Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFarber View Post
Some of you people take this too far. How do you check to see if the barrel is clean?

didn't you know, with the barrel out of the gun, you might shoot your eye out.