General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Incubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by -espionage-
sadly if you dont have anyone to point you in the right direction, no.

This is quite true unfortunately. Eve is very much an MMO - the fun is doing stuff with other people, not soloing around. Hit up the recruitment channel ingame and/or the recruitment forum. Talk to some people to try and find a corp that's a good fit for what you think you'd like to do in the game. An obvious place to look at would be the Eve University - they have classes to teach you the basics of eve as well as some 0.0 access.

Quote:
... but my god those guys are s of epic proportions. their leader is an "interweb celeberty"

Could that not be said to some degree about goonfleet as well?

But, I'm pretty biased. I'll probably be seing you soon xsp - by this time next week I'll be a part of the MC (with CONIN) if we accept their merger offer.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Incubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai

Any questions I may have had about how ASCN affords so many outposts are now answered.

Kahnza
el borracho
I luvs me some big ole fatties... too bad my lil weiner makes them cry! :(

hmm. i might check this out...

OWK is my official hero.

suffocate (9:05:45 PM): he's the sweetest guy you will ever meet. fuck off.

-espionage-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus
But, I'm pretty biased. I'll probably be seing you soon xsp - by this time next week I'll be a part of the MC (with CONIN) if we accept their merger offer.

sigh.. i thought you were better than that. fight the machine!

as far as i can tell, the only reason the entire galaxy seems to hate us is because we dont play the game the same way as them. that, and the fact that they have no actual clue who we are or what we do, just what they have shoved up their asses from reading the abomination of a forum on the eve website

arioch

Quote:
OH noes, BoBs personal bitch, MC is coming for us! whatever willl they do! i wonder if anyone still has any doubts how much theyre in bed together...

its funny what forum whores these guys are, and they have the entire eve universe terrified by their "egos." so what does goonfleet do? we wardec the entire galaxy of course. sooner or later theyre going to realize that shooting frigates isnt fun, especialy when those frigates manage to gank their HAC's.

im still waiting for ASCN to do something cool...

Wrong.

I love shooting frigates as much as anything else.

MC are a Merc Corp who have been hired to do a job. Nothing more and nothing less.

Are we good friends with BoB? Of course we are and no one ever denies that fact. Just because we choose our friends wisely is no reason to hate us

-espionage-

you kind of left out the part about having BoB space in exchange for discounted merc contracts.

and why, exactly, would the biggest alliance in the game need the help of mercs to "purge" goonswarm from the game?

that screams BoB/MC buttsechs to me

glass.arm

is there still a free trial thing going on? Ive been sick of WoW and this sounds a little more mature/interesting/my cup'o'tea. if it is still going could someone link please?

hash browns

Quote:

as far as i can tell, the only reason the entire galaxy seems to hate us is because we dont play the game the same way as them. that, and the fact that they have no actual clue who we are or what we do, just what they have shoved up their asses from reading the abomination of a forum on the eve website
i want to be a VCBee Bee Free !

-espionage-

just goto www.eve-online.com anyone can get a trial

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

I'm still not sure what path to take. Should I try and save up for a destroyer, or a large mining vessel?

Incubus

Quote:

RSYN's just sick of syndicate and killing 3fa day after day. We've been here for a year and it's time for a change. We figured that joining the MC would give us something new and different to do somewhere other than syndicate. Granted, our alliance crumbling has acted as a bit of a catalyst.

I think the reason most people don't like you guys is sort of a cyclical thing:
You guys are playing goons in space, so don't care what others think
Others don't like that/don't understand it/hate some of your leadership
You guys don't care and have no desire to play politics
More hate

Also, the frigate blob is incredibly frustrating to fight against. :P

But it is kind of funny reading stuff on the eve-o forums and seeing people who are totally clueless as to how and why goonfleet works.

Incubus

Quote:
you kind of left out the part about having BoB space in exchange for discounted merc contracts.

and why, exactly, would the biggest alliance in the game need the help of mercs to "purge" goonswarm from the game?

that screams BoB/MC buttsechs to me

Discounted contracts for the space for an outpost in deep BoB space? I'd say that's a pretty good deal both ways.

Probably for one of the same reasons other alliances contract the MC: more forces = better coverage. Also, (I'm speculating here) I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a bit of personal interest from some of the MC guys.

Xcobita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
Ohh god, eww, eww, eww, eww. I did that all day today too. I never want to do it again.

-espionage-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus
You guys don't care and have no desire to play politics

But it is kind of funny reading stuff on the eve-o forums and seeing people who are totally clueless as to how and why goonfleet works.

that part makes me think your clueless as to how and why goonfleet works

Incubus

Quote:
that part makes me think your clueless as to how and why goonfleet works

I'm not going to pretend that I understand the inner workings of goonfleet because I don't. What I meant was that you don't play politics in the same way that the rest of eve does, as is evidenced by your declaration of war against just about everyone.