General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Stealthmode
needs moar stealhmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
Mechwarrior 4 is now FREE to d/l for anyone who wants it thanks for the 25th annv. of Battletech,
http://mektek.net/

who lost his mech 4 cd key....
THIS GUY!

who gets to play now for free
THIS GUY!

who has had too much sugar and caffeine at his yogurt shop?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthmode View Post
THIS GUY!

THIS GUY!

Um... you?

Heywood

Fucking

YES

Stealthmode
needs moar stealhmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalus View Post
Um... you?

It was totally that guy.

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
3015 would be about the nadir of battlemech design and production capability...

Nevermind I was thinking that 3015 was before the 2nd succession war. Should be smack-dab in the 3rd War. I wonder how they're going to play this out because like 2990-3025 were some seriously dark times as far as technology is concerned.

Ender

The graphics look good, I just hope they make the mech's float like they did in MW2. Is it unrealistic to have a 100 ton mech float around like an elemental? Yes... Does it make gameplay way more fun? Yes!

When MW3 came out everyone was annoyed because it took away from the great aerial battles with lasers, the 'DFA's etc...

Anyone else play on Kali? I was in Hells Horses

lonedawg
Stiler

I hope (and going by the trailer it's one of their goals it seems) that the mechs weight has more of an affect to the environment and things.

These things are huge and weight a ton, some a lot more then others. Going through a city you should be weary of running into buildings/knocking down things and also be capable of a lot of destruction.

Not talking about the jump jets but when walking about, just hope they have a weighty destructive feel to their movement.

It'd be sweet to walk around knocking through low barriers (with bigger mech's) whereas the smaller ones aren't capable of that b ut they have advantage slike being able to amongst rubble and to get to places the weight of bigger mech's won't allow it (like how the video showed).

I just hope they go far with the destructible environments. Imagine the chaos and just how fun it'd be to have a mech on your tail and ducking through streets/alleys and looking back to see his m uch larger mech just crushing through walls and other things leaving a trail of destruction behind it.

testshootcom

wowzers! I remeber battletech, even as an rpg. I should dig up my brother's Virtual World and all my Fasa stuff.
Clarksonís trade is the kind of insults school students dream about making. Whatís interesting about Top Gear is that everyone thinks itís about cars. It isnít. Itís about men and their relationships. - BBCís W. Garvie.

Amaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Yeah I played on Kali non stop when it came to MW2. I was to young to remember though what league or clan I was in. My older brother handled getting me into games. He just would turn me loose and let me raise hell. I use to play with his college roommates up at Texas State in San Marcos. I want to say it was a 70ton class league, not sure really, but I used Warhammer like 80-90% of the time. Was such a blast.

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!

Anyone remember Ultrabots? They should do a remake of that.

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Quote:
It's up now:

Q&A:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1002164p1.html

Trailer: (This is a new trailer, not just the teaser)
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/18954/...nix_70709.html

IGN also has a little info/rewind trailer thingie going over it as well as screens.

OMG. Please tell me that's in game.

My favorite mechs were the Madcat and Vulture. Overloaded with PPCs and heatsinks
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

Evermore

I just shit my pants...that atlas with the deathmask skull was EPIC. I really hope this gets the proper treatment as far controls go, they really cant be sacrificed in game like Mechwarrior where so much of the game itself was in the controls.

The depth was really what made the game an awesome experience for me when I was a kid...I seriously felt like I was in a giant avatar of walking (or jet packing) death; it was a boyhood dream come true. Though if those really are in game graphics (so says the bottom right of the video) I'm bummed since I'll most definitely have to upgrade EXTENSIVELY to get the most out of one of my favorite franchises

JBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthmode View Post
THIS GUY!

THIS GUY!

Woo! I never got into MW like i should have. I checked out their site, and it looks like they'll be releasing their own version of it. If I'm reading it correctly, it'll include EVERYTHING in one ISO file they're putting together. Expansions, patches, etc, plus this (apparently) epic MechPack they made. This is great news to me, since I was thinking I'd be trying to get all of that when I read it was free.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Mechwarrior 4 is now FREE to d/l for anyone who wants it thanks for the 25th annv. of Battletech,
http://mektek.net/

Sweet.

Also, lol, mechtech was the name of the RPG my friends and I made in HS.

.akai
Veteran of the Games Forum Mod Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post

I played on Kali every so often, but I stayed on "The Zone" more than anything. I was in the Savages clan, RamSavages. We were one of the larger more popular clans on the there. Good times