General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
 
Reverend Sin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
My character could be perfectly gemmed, enchanted, glyphed, specced and you fucks would still find something wrong and call me terrible.

And it's based on absolutely nothing, nobody on genmay has ever had the pleasure of grouping with any of my toons, yet you can extrapolate my skill level from an armory link.

What's the point in putting 80 gold gems into pants that are going to be replaced in a week? the crit gems were free, I needed crit, so I used them. I fucking did it, I blew 200g gemming pants that'll be replaced in no time flat, so good job Genmay WoW thread trolls.

The problem is, it's not. All too often you're using the wrong gems and making shitty gearing/glyph choices. We can extrapolate your skill level from everything you've posted and yes that includes your gem choices. It's not just the quality of the gems you've chosen, it's where you've put them, it's the stats you've chosen, and how you don't catch all of this first. You and I have gone over the warlock class several times in the last few years and no matter how many times I point something out you don't learn anything. If you want to be good, push every little bit out you can.

Also, 200g? Really? You're complaining about the cost of shit in WoW? It's so fucking easy to get gold. 10 months ago I was making over a thousand gold a day via the AH, Bill has posted a shit ton of info on how to make Gold. DM and I have both posted different methods of making gold. Gold is the absolute LAST thing a half decent player should have to worry about. 200g. Please. :facepalm:
__________________
Proud [M]ember of the Seattle Krew
Член российской [М]афии
Ирландец Кикбоксер
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"
Old 10-07-2010, 01:22 PM Reverend Sin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#211  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

trumpcard
 
The problem is, ghettoraid, that even if someone handed you a perfectly geared, gemmed, glyphed, specced toon, you would still find a way to do only 60% of its potential and then come back here and whine about it and ignore everyone's advice.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:38 PM trumpcard is offline  
Reply With Quote
#212  

Condoner
 
Condoner's Avatar
 
Its good to see that the wow thread never changes.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:18 PM Condoner is offline  
Reply With Quote
#213  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
The problem is, ghettoraid, that even if someone handed you a perfectly geared, gemmed, glyphed, specced toon, you would still find a way to do only 60% of its potential and then come back here and whine about it and ignore everyone's advice.

104% on a target dummy



<edit> and that's a flask of the north, not a frost wyrm
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 10-07-2010, 03:36 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#214  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMocking View Post
Because you're bad. You post stupid questions, you're in(or were in) a terrible guild filled with other equally terrible people for the most part. Every piece of gear will be replaced every few weeks or months. Part of being actually, you know, "good" is pushing the limits of your gear and your consumables. I've swapped gear/gems based on simming and experience in fights just to get another 50dps out. I'd rather do 12050 dps than 12000 on 25 man saurfang, because that's the kind of player I am in this game.

I currently play a shadow priest. I pop a wild magic pot 3 seconds before the pull, every single fight in icc and RS. Why? Because it improves my overall damage, and increases our chances of winning the fight.

This is all information extracted from your posts here.

And I post here so I can learn. Yes, reverend sat me down and told me what was up a while back, but that was forty patches ago... warlocks are just a bit different now. I'm playing a different spec, the tier bonuses are different, and they're about to change again.

I keep coming back because every once in a while, I do get tidbits of useful information and I'm not just taking punishment and hate.

Like your advice for my warrior, asking if I had been rending... it helped a bit, but of course my rotation was fucked for other reasons but I hadn't even considered adding rend to the rotation before you said anything.

I have people I can go to IRL for help with my warlock, and I get different advice from all of them. One guy tells me to gem haste for destruction, other guy says gem crit/SP, and my former guilds' top warlock says yet another thing. Then there's EJ, I feel like EJ can be hit or miss, you can read one opinion but then read deeper into the thread and see everything about that post completely shot down and refuted. But Genmay is a melting pot of maybe 10-15 different players who have a lot more experience than I do, so I continue to come back and fine tune my character.

I'm not min-maxing like you say you are, but any DPS gains are of course beneficial and make me more desirable as a raider.
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 10-07-2010, 05:13 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#215  

Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
 
Reverend Sin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
104% on a target dummy



<edit> and that's a flask of the north, not a frost wyrm

Question #1, Where is your CoE?
Question #2, Is Demo really the top dps spec again?

Edit: Goddamnit watching you be terrible at Warlock makes me want to play again -_- Not until Cata though. I can hold out that long. All of my toons have sufficient gear to make 80-83 retard easy, I don't have any reason to come back before then.
__________________
Proud [M]ember of the Seattle Krew
Член российской [М]афии
Ирландец Кикбоксер
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"
Old 10-07-2010, 05:23 PM Reverend Sin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#216  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Sin View Post
Question #1, Where is your CoE?
Question #2, Is Demo really the top dps spec again?

Edit: Goddamnit watching you be terrible at Warlock makes me want to play again -_- Not until Cata though. I can hold out that long. All of my toons have sufficient gear to make 80-83 retard easy, I don't have any reason to come back before then.

Demo is not the top DPS spec, I just want to get used to it because everyone is going batshit about how awesome it is on the PTR/beta. Afflic/Destro are basically within 2-3% of each other right now. I leveled demo, but raiding with it, actually keeping tabs on my pets health is something I want to get used to doing. And of course, as always, there are a lot of beneficial damage buffs that Demo offers to the raid

I haven't been using CoE, but I guess it would make sense because 90% of the time I'm just dropping shadow bolts.

Of course I used it for Destro, that's why its even on my bar down there.
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 10-07-2010, 05:36 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#217  

Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
 
Reverend Sin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Demo is not the top DPS spec, I just want to get used to it because everyone is going batshit about how awesome it is on the PTR/beta. Afflic/Destro are basically within 2-3% of each other right now. I leveled demo, but raiding with it, actually keeping tabs on my pets health is something I want to get used to doing. And of course, as always, there are a lot of beneficial damage buffs that Demo offers to the raid

I haven't been using CoE, but I guess it would make sense because 90% of the time I'm just dropping shadow bolts.

Of course I used it for Destro, that's why its even on my bar down there.

Of course it's amazing on PTR/Beta, you're going to be levelling and Demo has always been baller for levelling. I'll probably go demo for levelling myself if I come back. (Though if I come back I'll probably transfer off the server I'm on -_-)
__________________
Proud [M]ember of the Seattle Krew
Член российской [М]афии
Ирландец Кикбоксер
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"
Old 10-07-2010, 05:56 PM Reverend Sin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#218  

gwiber
 
gwiber's Avatar
 
Has leveling Affliction been changed or something? I remember speeding well past the other builds with mass mob pull/dotting while leveling.

Killing 4. 5. 6 or more mobs in the same time the other builds were knocking out half that or less.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:43 PM gwiber is offline  
Reply With Quote
#219  

Bill
 
Bill's Avatar
 
The Drain Life thing giving health from corruption, then your damage healing your big demon axe dude is nuts. Literally just run around dotting and loot everything with your pet on defensive and you win.
__________________
Bill
Old 10-07-2010, 07:18 PM Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
#220  

Condoner
 
Condoner's Avatar
 
Are you seriously bragging about doing 104% of your gs as dps?

Is this some sort of achievement?

I'm pretty sure a retarded monkey could hit at least 125%.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:25 PM Condoner is offline  
Reply With Quote
#221  

Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
 
Reverend Sin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoner View Post
Are you seriously bragging about doing 104% of your gs as dps?

Is this some sort of achievement?

I'm pretty sure a retarded monkey could hit at least 125%.

Is that what that means? I didn't understand what the fuck he meant by 104% but if it's just 104% of your GS that's a retarded way of calculating potential dps.
__________________
Proud [M]ember of the Seattle Krew
Член российской [М]афии
Ирландец Кикбоксер
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"
Old 10-07-2010, 07:38 PM Reverend Sin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#222  

Codesage
 
Codesage's Avatar
 
If that's what all the cool kids are doing nowadays, I was doing 7-8k single target dps, in march on my Fury Warrior. Before the ICC buffs

And if you wanna count AoE DPS, I maintained 12k, burst up to 13k.

Seeing everything proc just right, and break 12k AP was AWESOME.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:40 PM Codesage is offline  
Reply With Quote
#223  

Bill
 
Bill's Avatar
 
7k on a dummy, nothing but mark of the wild. 6 months ago.

edit: AOE dps could get into the 30ks cat swipe is pretty much broken.
__________________
Bill
Old 10-07-2010, 07:41 PM Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
#224  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Sin View Post
Is that what that means? I didn't understand what the fuck he meant by 104% but if it's just 104% of your GS that's a retarded way of calculating potential dps.

Breaking 100% is not a home run, it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's a good sign. I have a know-it-all friend who thinks this is the holy grail of dps analysis.

But the reason I posted the screencap is because my efficiency was being called into question.

Friend never goes below 130% on his Mut rogue, he's a hair over 6k gs and usually averages 11-13k. He's out dpsing, and out "performing" people with better gear, and, according to Recount he is doing 30% more damage than he should be for his gear level.
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐

Last edited by GhEttOrAiD; 10-08-2010 at 01:53 AM..
Old 10-08-2010, 01:46 AM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#225  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.