General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Caelum

I'm having fun bringing my faction up with Brutor out of Rens. Only had one bad spot in a l2 where there were 4+ cruisers and I was in my Ishkur I had to go back and get my Hurricane for that one but the rest are a breeze with the Ishkur.
When its 4 or 5 destroyers or more than one cruiser, they get into my armor pretty good, but not too bad since I put my mwd on it instead of an AB

I was flying a Vengeance for a long time a while back and never really liked it, but the Ishkur is awesome Still have the Vengeance though because it looks awesome. Probably my favorite looking ship in the game. That and the Malediction which is also collecting dust in my hangar. But fuck is it beautiful.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Creepster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
I'm having fun bringing my faction up with Brutor out of Rens. Only had one bad spot in a l2 where there were 4+ cruisers and I was in my Ishkur I had to go back and get my Hurricane for that one but the rest are a breeze with the Ishkur.
When its 4 or 5 destroyers or more than one cruiser, they get into my armor pretty good, but not too bad since I put my mwd on it instead of an AB

I was flying a Vengeance for a long time a while back and never really liked it, but the Ishkur is awesome Still have the Vengeance though because it looks awesome. Probably my favorite looking ship in the game. That and the Malediction which is also collecting dust in my hangar. But fuck is it beautiful.

Maybe we'll cross paths in Balginia - That's where i fly missions for Brutor - Station has 1x L1, 2x L3 (high Q), and 2x L4. Systems next door has factories and labs, and it's 3-4 jumps from Rens

Love the ishkur myself, in small fleets it's great for some light ew. The Enyo can field massive blaster damage (Better gank than the Retribution )

Currently in my Vagabond, using it as shuttle, ferrying loot and skills to Suroken, and hauling ammo back

Sometimes i miss flying the Amarr T2 ships, but lasers are just such a turn off compared to the versatility of projectiles - Good for bait ships though, tank the ones without bonus to weapons and fit small AC's - that a fucking nasty tank 0.o

Creepster

Still so many skills to learn, but so much fun to be had

Thinking about selling manlove for 700 million isk I Really want that vargur

Creepster

So much stuff to build, so little tritanium

Been thinking about making 10 run copies of my BC/cruiser BPO's, but i'd need to setup my own POS for it to become profitable enough :-/

Creepster

Quote:

BTW, since you already have maxed gallente frig, you can train up minmatar frig and get a Dramiel, imo the sexiest frig in game

You don't have to fit guns to use it as a sexy ass shuttle - slap on some overdrives, nano's and instabs, and it's faster than one as well

Fake edit: I'm not selling you mine

liquidkristal

I want a snowball launcher

"I have to ask you a question."
"What is it?"
"Its an inquisitive statement used to test knowledge, but thats not important right now.

Creepster

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidkristal View Post
I want a snowball launcher

I have 2 - how much are you willing to pay?

They had to disable the snowballs (melt them), cause people were using them with great success to make concord gank people

It was fun shooting snowballs and following santa and his robot raindeer

Caelum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepster View Post
BTW, since you already have maxed gallente frig, you can train up minmatar frig and get a Dramiel, imo the sexiest frig in game

You don't have to fit guns to use it as a sexy ass shuttle - slap on some overdrives, nano's and instabs, and it's faster than one as well

That is an attractive bitch.
I need to keep my impulse buying down though The tristan loss was like 3-5 mil cause I put t2 guns and reps and what not on it. The victor did give me back what loot he got from it though, which was nice of him.

I almost stupidly bought a strategic cruiser or a myrmidon, or a malachariel...however you say that...
The myrm though has more drone space and seems overall better than the Cane except for losing the bonuses for proj guns. But with the added benefit of flying 5 medium drones instead of 5 smalls seems like it would compensate.
But I dont know. Maybe it wouldnt

I am leaning my skill training towards the malacharielwhateverthefuckitscalled though. Sold my Armageddon the other day because I realized I didnt want to ever use lasers again lol

Boogalo

i love the myrm. powerful droneboat and its easy to justify running arty since there's no turret bonus.

here's my super tanky cap stable l3 mission fit.

[Myrmidon, Mission Myrm Rails]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Armor Explosive Hardener II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

250mm Compressed Coil Gun I, Lead Charge M
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Warden I x3
Hobgoblin I x5
Hammerhead I x5

both the cane and myrm can sport a very powerful passive shield tank as well. i prefer the myrm, since its resistant to jamming. as long as you can scramble drones and set them to attack, it doesn't matter if you're jammed for the next hour. i want to try a cane next, just put the shield tank on, boat around and autocannon things in the face.

Creepster

Quote:
That is an attractive bitch.
I need to keep my impulse buying down though The tristan loss was like 3-5 mil cause I put t2 guns and reps and what not on it. The victor did give me back what loot he got from it though, which was nice of him.

I almost stupidly bought a strategic cruiser or a myrmidon, or a malachariel...however you say that...
The myrm though has more drone space and seems overall better than the Cane except for losing the bonuses for proj guns. But with the added benefit of flying 5 medium drones instead of 5 smalls seems like it would compensate.
But I dont know. Maybe it wouldnt

I am leaning my skill training towards the malacharielwhateverthefuckitscalled though. Sold my Armageddon the other day because I realized I didnt want to ever use lasers again lol

The myrm tanks like a pro, hands down, i've even heard of them going passive shield tank - The Hurricane is for shredding everything within 10 kms - Biggest issue is actually locking frigs fast enough. Runs 2 medium reppers as well, but fitting a 1600mm tungsten plate alongside hardners gives some breathing time while tanking since cap drains fast. Cap injected with single 800 charges makes it mean for pvp

Caelum

In that build do the repair bonuses you get from the nano pumps out weigh the 20% from a Trimark II?

Boogalo

i don't think a trimark would be as effective there. trimarks are for buffer tanks, this is an active tank and all 3 rigs increase the effeciency. you could get another 50dps of efficiency out of a single nanobot accelerator, but then it wouldn't be cap stable with all 5 guns firing (but at that point you could just put arty on it)

i've tanked whole rooms as it is. i carry one of each t2 hardener and swap as the mission demands.

Caelum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepster View Post

Just looked, not for 56 mil

Last edited by Caelum; 07-07-2011 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: past tense

Caelum

So, lvl 2 mission with 3 battleships and... shit, I dont know....15 or 20 cruisers wtf? 2mil in bounties though

But switched to the myrm as noted above except with 650s and it did great. Cap recharged super fast and the repper was stupid fast

Boogalo

sounds like the l2 "dead drift"

others to watch out for are recon and mission of mercy.

yeah, that myrm you can swap whatever highs you want, but the tank is rock solid.