General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

neoaetherx
this thread makes me sad

I just started salvaging (been too lazy before), and it rocks. My profit from missioning has gone way up. I'm just doing it in a salv-fitted Catalyst, but a friend of mine showed me the ultimate way (he is stupid rich and flys in with a Paladin, parks, and salvages at like 85km -- not sure I'd be willing to spend 150 million on a salvage ship though).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

wilse

We have found (and ganked) carriers running C3 sites two days in a row now.

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
It was me and someone else in there last night but I dont know who it was.

Anyway, starting flying the noctis in right after about half the area was cleared. It was a little tricky doing both at the same time, trying to be real fast, but not too bad. I was a little disappointed that after bringing in a haul I only had about 5 mil in salvage.
I also have been noticing since I've been flying the Myrm that my drones do most of the work, and by most I mean like 90% of the work. I've got 4 650 II's and one 425 II and the 650's hit but only in the 15-30k range and the 425 barely ever hits, but the drones....oh the drones...
So I think I'm going to switch back to the Hurricane with an AC fit and the same lows and mids as the Myrm listed a few pages back but with a webber and a vamp and maybe an AB. I dont want to put an AB on it I'd rather have another recharger but I think so many will get away from me if I'm moving at the snail pace I have in the battlecruisers....
I know the eve fitter lists the wrong HP but according to it, I've got more HP in the cane than the Myrm, just way less drone space.

I also bought a Machariel last night, but only just so I'd stop thinking about it. I dropped by the l4 deadspace gates that I cant do and saw 4 nightmares sitting on one and 3 machariels sitting on the other. The Nightmares were 950k each
So thats cool. About a month and I'll be able to start taking those on

why are you mixing guns

replace that 425 with something more useful like a drone link augmentator

Caelum

Well, I've moved into the Mach and running l4s now. I've only run 4 or 5 so far but its pretty fun.
I put 7 800 scouts on it because I dont have the t2 skills yet and I was running 2 armor reppers but with two hardeners I didnt ever turn the second one on. So I swapped it for a tracking enhancer. I was thinking another Gyro but when I run up against ....whatever faction has the Dramiel, I seem to miss a pretty good deal and my drones end up doing most of the work

smizack
smizack plusnuts

Took a couple week break. Glad to be back again, but now I got a lot of isk to make up.
http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/massagechair983.png
[IMG]http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/kattwilliams809.jpg[/IMG]

smizack
smizack plusnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoaetherx View Post
I just started salvaging (been too lazy before), and it rocks. My profit from missioning has gone way up. I'm just doing it in a salv-fitted Catalyst, but a friend of mine showed me the ultimate way (he is stupid rich and flys in with a Paladin, parks, and salvages at like 85km -- not sure I'd be willing to spend 150 million on a salvage ship though).

Pick up a noctis. They're ~ 50m and badass salvagers.
http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/massagechair983.png
[IMG]http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/kattwilliams809.jpg[/IMG]

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

I guess I can fly Dreadnaughts now

arimanius

So is Eve going down the tubes as the official forums suggest?

I've been reading up on it to see if I want to resub and wow the official forums suck.

wilse

i've never had more fun ingame than i'm having now
the forums are full of trolls
posts praising the game never get bumped and just fall off the front page

arimanius

Good to hear someone is having fun. The official forums were useful when I last played. Now it's just all garbage.

How's the pop been? Any drop off since the latest expansion?

Caelum

Around 30k almost all the time. It goes higher but rarely lower

And I've always thought about this about MMOs and most consumer products in general. People that are happy rarely contact the MFG to say, thanks, great product.
"Hey GE, I like my microwave. I paid for it, so you got my money, but I like it. I like my truck Ford. Thanks"

No one does that. But pissed people will always look for an outlet to bitch about something. They'll copy paste their problems as often as they can on as many places as they can.

I'm having fun. I blitzed through l1-l3 and am doing l4s and even started my second account back up. I want to start doing some frig pvp after I lost a random duel in Rens but don't really know where to get started. I'm sure there are corps but I'd rather have the learning be convenient to me instead of scheduled by a serious group of people. Sometime when I'm bored and decide to lose a Rifter

The first PVP I did was against M0O shortly after release and no one in my corp had any idea what the EW skills did so we went in there and couldn't lock anyone and were hilariously freaking out how we were getting our asses kicked Geez that was so long ago. Too bad I gave that character away. It was flying one of the first Apocs in the game and the population never went over about 5k

Last edited by Caelum; 07-26-2011 at 07:40 PM..

Boogalo

i've been out in gallente space working on federation navy standings. took a break from my 2's to run an anom. named shadow serpentis spawned, dropped an SS MWD and a low grade snake epsilon implant

arimanius

So I decided to resub last night. I haven't played for around 1 1/2 years and I'm completely lost.

I didn't play for very long last year so my character is still a noob. I spent most of the time yesterday trying to remember how things worked and trying to fit a ship.

I was actually surprised that I had 3 ships. I remember having the noob Impairor and the Punisher but I was shocked to see I had a Coercer.

So I did my best fitting the Punisher and decided to try to run a level 1 security mission and it was a blast. Took forever since I couldn't withstand punishment for very long before my capacitor was depleted, but I was able to complete it.

I need to spend some time today figuring out what's the best fittings for it and what skills I need to work on. Also need to find a corp to join. I never joined one the last few times I've tried Eve and I think that's probably a big reason why I always quit.

Caelum

The best thing I could suggest, and this is coming from a relative noob, switch to proj weapons. I started amarr and got my skills for t2 proj weapons to put a cane together. Its great not having to focus on overcoming the laser drain on the cap and focus on getting armor hardeners and armor reppers going instead. And with focusing on proj weapons its driven me to Minmitar ships to get the ship bonuses.

I have high rocket skills because I was using a Vengeance but other than how awesome those ships look theyre terrible.

I need to join a corp too or just try running some missions with someone other than me an my alt. I think I'm going to get my alt into the cane I gave it and really focus on turning it into a logistics type ship.

arimanius

I was toying with the idea of going projectile. Friend did the last time he played and had good success with it.

Hopefully I can get a good punisher setup so I can get a decent amount of isk flowing while I get everything trained up.