General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Caelum

Question also, do NPC rats ever aggro boosters? I'm almost to leadership lvl5 on my alt who can fly a cane now and am thinking of making it into a shield/energy transfer or something...

Thoughts?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

wilse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
Question also, do NPC rats ever aggro boosters? I'm almost to leadership lvl5 on my alt who can fly a cane now and am thinking of making it into a shield/energy transfer or something...

Thoughts?

mission rats don't cycle aggro

Caelum

Meaning once the rat has aggro on one thing, the aggro remains until that one thing is gone? Be it drone or player

SemperFly

exactly. it's good if you can get them to aggro you, stay out of range and send in the drones

Caelum

Well yesterday I went out and wanted to start a fight but nothing. I was thinking of ninja looting 1 piece of ore from a guys can just to fight him but wasnt sure how that works.

If someone has popped a can if I pull anything out, I'm on their kill list right, but not on Concords kill list? Then he shoots at me and I can blast him right?
This was in...I dont know... 0.7 land.

I wanted to start a fight in a close 0.4 but there wasnt anyone there

SemperFly

once you steal from someone they can shoot you. once they've actually taken a shot you can fire back but not before then or the fuzz will get you

Caelum

gotcha

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
And isnt missile damage a formula that involved sig radius?

Yes, bigger missiles hit bigger ships harder and vice-versa. This is why cruise missiles pound the hell out of the guys running 3 XL shield extenders but do next to nothing vs. frigates. Also has a lot to do with the explosion velocity of the missile and the radial velocity of the target. The biggest advantage of missiles is that they do not "miss" and have no optimal range. If you can hit the target, you will do consistent damage given the target's sig radius and velocity. That said, missiles generally deliver less DPS than the higher-end turret weapons.

smizack
smizack plusnuts

Went on a 0.0 roam in test space but only got one bc and a pod. :\

edit: also, tranquility is down
http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/massagechair983.png
[IMG]http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/kattwilliams809.jpg[/IMG]

SemperFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Table View Post
Yes, bigger missiles hit bigger ships harder and vice-versa. This is why cruise missiles pound the hell out of the guys running 3 XL shield extenders but do next to nothing vs. frigates. Also has a lot to do with the explosion velocity of the missile and the radial velocity of the target. The biggest advantage of missiles is that they do not "miss" and have no optimal range. If you can hit the target, you will do consistent damage given the target's sig radius and velocity. That said, missiles generally deliver less DPS than the higher-end turret weapons.

which is why target painters are awesome. they'll increase the targets sig radius and thus damage if you're launching those big missiles at smaller ships. helps add that extra oomph when popping miners and salvagers with torps

Caelum

Machariel l4 missioning is boring

Lock, shoot pop. Lock shoot pop. Lock shoot pop. If there are dramiels in the system...its lock shoot..................nothing

Other machariels are really the only thing other than dramiels that give me any kind of trouble and its really just cause they dont instapop

I'm sure its so easy cause I'm in 0.7 though

The support cane is almost ready though to follow the loki into battle. Shield transfers for 190+ and the l2 booster only boots for 90 So 2 transfers going to the Loki, I should be golden

RazorWind

I was bored on Sunday, so I signed up for the trial. I'm presently docked at the Gallente starting station, having completed the tutorial missions where you go get the n00b frigate, and learn how to work the weapons, etc.

So what do I do now? Just grind NPC missions (and the advanced tutorials?) until I can afford a more formidable ship? Exploring in the n00b frigate was a bad idea as I recall from past experience, as I'd get slaughtered as soon as I left perfectly secure space.

Bill Brasky
He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
I was bored on Sunday, so I signed up for the trial. I'm presently docked at the Gallente starting station, having completed the tutorial missions where you go get the n00b frigate, and learn how to work the weapons, etc.

So what do I do now? Just grind NPC missions (and the advanced tutorials?) until I can afford a more formidable ship?

Find a Corp. Stat. Without a group of people to help you out in the very beginning, this game quickly gets frustrating.

I'm a Son of a Bitch and you fucking love me for it.

SemperFly

goddamn people if you're going to join the game let us refer you to get free isk

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
goddamn people if you're going to join the game let us refer you to get free isk

Sorry for been who i i'm.

If I have time to play tonight, I guess I'll go exploring. I wish this game had more interesting landmarks, like World of Warcraft does. It'd make it seem a lot less empty.

There's a corporate recruiting channel, that you can use to find a corporation to join, isn't there?