General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Caelum
 
Question also, do NPC rats ever aggro boosters? I'm almost to leadership lvl5 on my alt who can fly a cane now and am thinking of making it into a shield/energy transfer or something...

Thoughts?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:56 AM Caelum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4471  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

wilse
 
wilse's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
Question also, do NPC rats ever aggro boosters? I'm almost to leadership lvl5 on my alt who can fly a cane now and am thinking of making it into a shield/energy transfer or something...

Thoughts?

mission rats don't cycle aggro
__________________
[M]
Old 08-08-2011, 07:02 PM wilse is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4472  

Caelum
 
Meaning once the rat has aggro on one thing, the aggro remains until that one thing is gone? Be it drone or player
Old 08-08-2011, 07:12 PM Caelum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4473  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
exactly. it's good if you can get them to aggro you, stay out of range and send in the drones
Old 08-08-2011, 07:25 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4474  

Caelum
 
Well yesterday I went out and wanted to start a fight but nothing. I was thinking of ninja looting 1 piece of ore from a guys can just to fight him but wasnt sure how that works.

If someone has popped a can if I pull anything out, I'm on their kill list right, but not on Concords kill list? Then he shoots at me and I can blast him right?
This was in...I dont know... 0.7 land.

I wanted to start a fight in a close 0.4 but there wasnt anyone there
Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 AM Caelum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4475  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
once you steal from someone they can shoot you. once they've actually taken a shot you can fire back but not before then or the fuzz will get you
Old 08-09-2011, 09:01 AM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4476  

Caelum
 
gotcha
Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 AM Caelum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4477  

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
And isnt missile damage a formula that involved sig radius?

Yes, bigger missiles hit bigger ships harder and vice-versa. This is why cruise missiles pound the hell out of the guys running 3 XL shield extenders but do next to nothing vs. frigates. Also has a lot to do with the explosion velocity of the missile and the radial velocity of the target. The biggest advantage of missiles is that they do not "miss" and have no optimal range. If you can hit the target, you will do consistent damage given the target's sig radius and velocity. That said, missiles generally deliver less DPS than the higher-end turret weapons.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:33 PM Liquid_Table is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4478  

smizack
smizack plusnuts
 
smizack's Avatar
 
Went on a 0.0 roam in test space but only got one bc and a pod. :\

edit: also, tranquility is down
__________________
NLC [IMG]http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/assholecrew974.jpg[/IMG]
FULL LOAD MEAT CREW! re%
Sassy is my nacho cheese master :heart:
http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/massagechair983.png
[IMG]http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/kattwilliams809.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-09-2011, 05:53 PM smizack is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4479  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Table View Post
Yes, bigger missiles hit bigger ships harder and vice-versa. This is why cruise missiles pound the hell out of the guys running 3 XL shield extenders but do next to nothing vs. frigates. Also has a lot to do with the explosion velocity of the missile and the radial velocity of the target. The biggest advantage of missiles is that they do not "miss" and have no optimal range. If you can hit the target, you will do consistent damage given the target's sig radius and velocity. That said, missiles generally deliver less DPS than the higher-end turret weapons.

which is why target painters are awesome. they'll increase the targets sig radius and thus damage if you're launching those big missiles at smaller ships. helps add that extra oomph when popping miners and salvagers with torps
Old 08-09-2011, 09:26 PM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4480  

Caelum
 
Machariel l4 missioning is boring

Lock, shoot pop. Lock shoot pop. Lock shoot pop. If there are dramiels in the system...its lock shoot..................nothing

Other machariels are really the only thing other than dramiels that give me any kind of trouble and its really just cause they dont instapop

I'm sure its so easy cause I'm in 0.7 though

The support cane is almost ready though to follow the loki into battle. Shield transfers for 190+ and the l2 booster only boots for 90 So 2 transfers going to the Loki, I should be golden
Old 08-15-2011, 07:42 AM Caelum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4481  

RazorWind
 
RazorWind's Avatar
 
I was bored on Sunday, so I signed up for the trial. I'm presently docked at the Gallente starting station, having completed the tutorial missions where you go get the n00b frigate, and learn how to work the weapons, etc.

So what do I do now? Just grind NPC missions (and the advanced tutorials?) until I can afford a more formidable ship? Exploring in the n00b frigate was a bad idea as I recall from past experience, as I'd get slaughtered as soon as I left perfectly secure space.
__________________
90f54f9cfb4106d1ef0e6a82e53f14
Old 08-16-2011, 07:22 AM RazorWind is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4482  

Bill Brasky
He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident
 
Bill Brasky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
I was bored on Sunday, so I signed up for the trial. I'm presently docked at the Gallente starting station, having completed the tutorial missions where you go get the n00b frigate, and learn how to work the weapons, etc.

So what do I do now? Just grind NPC missions (and the advanced tutorials?) until I can afford a more formidable ship?

Find a Corp. Stat. Without a group of people to help you out in the very beginning, this game quickly gets frustrating.
__________________
Nikon DSLR Club: D70

I'm a Son of a Bitch and you fucking love me for it.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:24 AM Bill Brasky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4483  

SemperFly
 
SemperFly's Avatar
 
goddamn people if you're going to join the game let us refer you to get free isk
Old 08-16-2011, 07:31 AM SemperFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4484  

RazorWind
 
RazorWind's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
goddamn people if you're going to join the game let us refer you to get free isk

Sorry for been who i i'm.

If I have time to play tonight, I guess I'll go exploring. I wish this game had more interesting landmarks, like World of Warcraft does. It'd make it seem a lot less empty.

There's a corporate recruiting channel, that you can use to find a corporation to join, isn't there?
__________________
90f54f9cfb4106d1ef0e6a82e53f14
Old 08-16-2011, 07:50 AM RazorWind is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4485  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.