General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Butthole Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley griffin View Post
I got in pretty much straight away, I'm using Chrome browser, so not sure if that got to with it?

Also, am I the only one that doesn't quite get "it" what Google+ is suppose to provide that FB doesn't? I'm looking at the Circles thing, and it says people can't actually see what Circles they are added to but only you know, so what is really the main point in Circles?

Also, if someone can add you, you don't have to add them but yet they're on your list and they can see your things, I haven't added anyone yet but Jonny has added me because he invited me (thanks for that!), but what am I missing something from that, since FB is add friends, which is what I actually do, rather than "random" people, I'm just trying to figure out the benefit or use of Google+?

my reason for wanting in is because I'm almost never on Facebook. I'm usually on Google, though. So it's better for me to have a central hub of applications all just one click away from each other

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthole Eliminator View Post
my reason for wanting in is because I'm almost never on Facebook. I'm usually on Google, though. So it's better for me to have a central hub of applications all just one click away from each other

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Butthole Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post

i don't get it :hmm:

Butthole Eliminator

an interesting article about the current conditions of google +. I wasn't aware that facebook lost 6 million users
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Google-F...ews-11710.html

hurley griffin

Quote:

I guess, but at the moment it seems like if it ain't broken, don't fix it. G+ seems to complicate things a little with the sharing process, unlike FB if you are friends with these people it doesn't matter what you share, you wouldn't be adding random people in the first place, and why would it matter what you share with your friends in the first place? With Google Circles, the get go approach it seems like you're disconnecting with your friends and people in your network before you even start sharing rather than making it a "social network" in the first place.

Its not a rant, just some observation on what Google is trying to provide as a service, I hope they revamp Gmail though it needs a fresh coat of paint.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
i don't get it :hmm:

You are being assimilated by google... Turned into a googlebot... Yet another sheeple following the herd, bleating the same song in exact time.

How many fads have you fallen for? Myspace? Facebook? Twitter? Now google+?

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

SemperFly

you think facebook is a fad?

as for twitter, I think something stops being a mere fad when the government officially uses it

hurley griffin

Quote:
You are being assimilated by google... Turned into a googlebot... Yet another sheeple following the herd, bleating the same song in exact time.

I don't see how you can say that social networks are a fad. Unless you don't have much of a social life and don't see it useful then I get it, but some people have different uses for each service.

T-Unit

anyone have on for me? alextripp1 @ gmail.com

OlderBoy

having friends: top fad 2011

OlderBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Unit View Post
anyone have on for me? alextripp1 @ gmail.com

i got ya

/k sent

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFly View Post
you think facebook is a fad?

as for twitter, I think something stops being a mere fad when the government officially uses it

sank that needle into your vein, too, didja?? it's okay, log in for another hit, timmay...

We'll see in a few years if either fb or twitter are around.. You were all the fuck over pedo--I mean, myspace back when it was new; you bailed like a rat from a sinking ship when fb started it's "meteoric" rise, even when it was proven they were getting filthy rich selling every bit of your personal information to spammers; when tweeting became something more that birdsong, you were there telling everyone that you were taking that mega-dump, andnposting links to the turd pics on your fb page; and now you're sinking that google+ needle deeep... So deep, it's gonna hit your brain, and they will take every bit of personal info and thoughts, and sell the to the biggest-paying spammers...

And the cycle goes on...

Baaaa, baaaa...

--John Hobbs

SemperFly

uh no, I was questioning your logic. that didn't hurt me at all

sorry you're being left behind, old man.

Butthole Eliminator

Quote:

Myspace - never had an account.

Facebook - activated the account since 2008, added more than 5 friends to my list only a year ago.

Twitter - never had an account.

Google - I'm on it all the time because google talk is convenient communication with multiple people at once

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderBoy View Post
having fake digital friends: top fad 2011

Fixed.

--John Hobbs