General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

möbiustrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
And seriously guys, cut the global warming denial . Even if it wasn't a reality, the measures people are taking to slow global warming are going to result in a cleaner environment for everyone.
"If you're concerned about global warming and use a clothes dryer, SHUT THE FUCK UP."

If the primary goal is a cleaner environment, we should abandon technology in general and electricity in particular. But that's nuts. It should instead be phrased as "minimal impact," which requires us to define specifically what that means.

All I've seen from Big Green so far is a willingness to take your enviro-conscious dollars, donate some manual water pumps to an African village, and pocket the difference. Buy a Land Rover and get carbon credits! They're interested in profit, not ecology. It is therefore incumbent on thinking people to be skeptical of any and all hype, even if we agree air and water should be free of toxic compounds.

Quote:
Countless people die every year from illnesses related to air pollution and other environmental issues.
Nice non sequitur, but we're talking about CO2 emissions.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tom Kazansky
911 Was an Inside Job. Bush is traitor like Prescott Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Actually the * denote qualifiers from my original posts which made your own pointless. Looks like someone has egg on their face Tom!

So basically you said fuck all, and proved fuck all, and somehow that's ownage?

You're a fucking retard.

The responses I gave you were appropriate, go read them again.

Last edited by Tom Kazansky; 07-16-2009 at 03:46 PM..

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Creating laws and international treaties that let other countries dictate how we want to run things is not going to clean up any pollution.

And as technology increases air pollution drops all by itself.

Enacting international law based on spewed by the Great and wonderful Oz is not a good thing. Good thing that Toto has that curtain almost fully pulled aside.

Yes it is. If you're creating laws and international treaties promoting environmentally friendly technology, it absolutely is going to clean up pollution.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
The more thousands of years the waste remains hot the safer it is.

That's not even close to being true.

Tom Kazansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip View Post
"If you're concerned about global warming and use a clothes dryer, SHUT THE FUCK UP."

If the primary goal is a cleaner environment, we should abandon technology in general and electricity in particular. But that's nuts. It should instead be phrased as "minimal impact," which requires us to define specifically what that means.

All I've seen from Big Green so far is a willingness to take your enviro-conscious dollars, donate some manual water pumps to an African village, and pocket the difference. Buy a Land Rover and get carbon credits! They're interested in profit, not ecology. It is therefore incumbent on thinking people to be skeptical of any and all hype, even if we agree air and water should be free of toxic compounds.

I never suggested at all we cease living out lives. I'm suggesting we stop being wasteful where it is unnecessary, and in order to do that legislation has to be enacted to force companies to comply with practices that put the well being of the population ahead of everything else. Do you think a corporation wants to spend the money to clean waste? They'd much rather be able to simply dump chemical waste raw to protect the bottom line. Where they're allowed, corporations have always cut corners in the name of keeping profits higher. Legislation related to global warming will help force companies into cleaner practices. That's not a bad thing.

I concur with you regarding corruption and overall non-action on the part of Big Green. That's typical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip View Post
Nice non sequitur, but we're talking about CO2 emissions.

Hardly a non sequitur. Technologies related to reductions in greenhouse gas emissions are also targetting other toxins like CO by extension, and therefore global warming legislation is providing a benefit with regard to reduction in air pollution.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
That's not even close to being true.

Sorry Tom it's the total exact truth. The longer the half life the safer the element is from a radiation standpoint. Look up the half life of lead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depleted_uranium

Last edited by TheMorlock; 07-17-2009 at 12:05 AM..

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Yes it is. If you're creating laws and international treaties promoting environmentally friendly technology, it absolutely is going to clean up pollution.

YOu cant promote environmentally friendly technology if you don't know what you are doing.
Like making photovoltaic cells. Which are much more unfriendly then using the same fuel you used to manufacture them as transportation fuel.

http://www.txses.org/solar/content/s...ltaic-end-life

Last edited by TheMorlock; 07-17-2009 at 12:40 AM..