this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
I said it before, ill say it again.

no, its not.

also, its Heretic

if you told a deep sea fish it lived in water it wouldn't believe you because it has been engrossed in water for it's entire life and can no longer tell it is there

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
fucking idiot

you mean... you have no way of arguing with me

thats right I'm not here to debate anything, I'm just pointing at the truth of the situation

there is nothing to argue here... notice it or dont

Omega31589

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
if you told a deep sea fish it lived in water it wouldn't believe you because it has been engrossed in water for it's entire life and can no longer tell it is there

You're such a mongoloid. That's like saying humans don't believe we live in an atmosphere because we've been engrossed in a mixture of 78.08% nitrogen and 20.95% oxygen gas our whole lives and can no longer tell its there.

If a deep sea fish developed sapience, they'd EASILY discover that they're in conditions that are different from those in many other environments.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:

Shut up Barney

UTRocketMan

Quote:
you mean... you have no way of arguing with me

thats right I'm not here to debate anything, I'm just pointing at the truth of the situation

there is nothing to argue here... notice it or dont

What is there to argue? Honestly?

You came in, said "guess what guys, there are certain patterns with the way things are shaped, both at a macro and microscopic level".

On this we can agree.

Then you said some nonsense everyone attacked. I would argue it too, but I'm completely lost in what your point is (I'm impressed if they can see it). As best I can tell, there something about a language triangles speak to you, how that relates to pixels and coke cans, and that you can't use math to "understand" geometry (I'd argue this, using parametrization, you can "know" a shape better than it knows itself). You then say you can't explain your point in English or math adequately (not due to your own limitations, but to the inherit failings of the language and math).

So what are we supposed to do to see your side of thinking?

Please please please don't say drugs

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTRocketMan View Post

You came in, said "guess what guys, there are certain patterns with the way things are shaped, both at a macro and microscopic level".

On this we can agree.

Then you said some nonsense everyone attacked. I would argue it too, but I'm completely lost in what your point is (I'm impressed if they can see it). As best I can tell, there something about a language triangles speak to you, how that relates to pixels and coke cans, and that you can't use math to "understand" geometry (I'd argue this, using parametrization, you can "know" a shape better than it knows itself). You then say you can't explain your point in English or math adequately (not due to your own limitations, but to the inherit failings of the language and math).

There's a wonderful irony to trying to use a message board to communicate to people that you can't understand truth by using language.

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

ry_goody has a good racket here: he starts to understand a relatively simple topic, of which there is little debate and little need for critical thinking for comprehension. He presents it here. But it quickly degenerates into his LSD-inspired "insights" into the "greater truths" of these simple topics, inevitably resulting in supreme idiocy and rambling rhetoric.

Those of us facing his blabbering filibustering can only laugh it off, while he fraudulently emphasizes that he has real truth and we just can't figure it out.

It's like he is some prepubescent quasi-intellectual that watched the matrix and now thinks he sees the world differently.

sun_ofa_beach

Quote:
just because you hit infinity doesn't mean you stop

your comprehension stops, yes, but you don't

What the fuck does this even mean? You keep saying shit like "I present evidence" and "I have not presented my own point of view here" and so on and then contradict it by spewing shit like this which your average non-drug enlightened person cannot understand. Wtf?

March 1st 07 - Dweeb transformed to Balladom <3

Redrum
Crate&Barrel Roll

I don't understand why he makes all of you rage.

I'd consider him an internetz version of political talk radio shows. Mostly s, but damned entertaining.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
I don't understand why he makes all of you rage.

I'd consider him an internetz version of political talk radio shows. Mostly s, but damned entertaining.

It's like noise pollution. If it he is not contained within his own shit threads by people hammering at him, he brings up this drivel in every other fucking thread he posts in.

So it's like herding sheep, a smelly and irritating job, except sheep are a bit smarter.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega31589 View Post
You're such a mongoloid. That's like saying humans don't believe we live in an atmosphere because we've been engrossed in a mixture of 78.08% nitrogen and 20.95% oxygen gas our whole lives and can no longer tell its there.

If a deep sea fish developed sapience, they'd EASILY discover that they're in conditions that are different from those in many other environments.

I wasn't hinting at air

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTRocketMan View Post

On this we can agree.

thats what I'm meaning. Everyone immediatly tried to argue against just cause... its habitual. Theres nothing to argue against here.

I'm just saying look. Just see, nothing more. More information is held in the geometric forms of nature than all the words in the world. You'll figure out more sitting in nature for 4 hours in meditation than you will reading a dozen books of philosophy.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
ry_goody has a good racket here: he starts to understand a relatively simple topic, of which there is little debate and little need for critical thinking for comprehension. He presents it here. But it quickly degenerates into his LSD-inspired "insights" into the "greater truths" of these simple topics, inevitably resulting in supreme idiocy and rambling rhetoric.

Those of us facing his blabbering filibustering can only laugh it off, while he fraudulently emphasizes that he has real truth and we just can't figure it out.

It's like he is some prepubescent quasi-intellectual that watched the matrix and now thinks he sees the world differently.

I never said anything about LSD

and this has nothing to do with figuring anything out. This is actually has to do with the OPPOSITE of figuring things out. This is about unfiguring things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post

if you got a glimpse through my eyes you'd probably have a panic attack

you can change the way your eye physiologically processes light, seeing the world differently is not a metaphor