Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Renork

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Renork

http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=10246398

Quote:
NYC Heath Department: 75 kids sickened at 1 school

Associated Press - April 24, 2009 8:15 PM ET

NEW YORK (AP) - New York City health officials say that about 75 students at a Queens high school have fallen ill with flu-like symptoms and testing is under way to rule out the strain of swine flu that has killed dozens in Mexico.

The Health Department's Dr. Don Weiss said Friday that a team of agency doctors and investigators were dispatched to the private St. Francis Preparatory School the previous day after students reported fever, sore throat, cough, aches and pains. No one has been hospitalized.

The handful of sick students who remained at the school were tested for a variety of flu strains. If they're found to have a known human strain that would rule out swine flu.

Results could take several days. In the meantime, the school says it's postponing an evening event and sanitizing the building over the weekend.

Wow, it would be really really bad if it was in NYC now too. These will probably come back as something else but that would be huge.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renork View Post
http://blogs.sciencemag.org/sciencei...flu-infec.html

Wtf, unless that is lab error, how can there possibly be a natural merging of those 4 viruses? Captain Trips is here!

It happens quite often with virii. you get two distinct infectious agents in the same cell and the naked chains will grab partials of the other strain.

but I assume that 4 would be unlikely, you would have to have anchor points on the cell wall for the four distinct virii or get infected with two chimeric strains and have enough anchor points for them.

Unless someone has been sucking flu infected AIDS cock. or somebody's biowarfare strain escaped.

In other words, Lysenko was not as wrong as he was made out to be.

Renork

http://www.wpix.com/landing/?Hundred...62&feedID=1404

Quote:
Hundreds of Students at Queens School Come Down with Flu

April 24, 2009

QUEENS, N.Y. (WPIX) -- The Health Department is monitoring an outbreak of flu at St. Francis Prep in Fresh Meadows, Queens to see if the students may have come down with the swine flu virus.

As many as 300 students have reported they were suffering from flu-like symptoms. Some of the students told PIX News they recently visited Mexico. The flu outbreak forced school officials to cancel an event called "International Night," which was scheduled for Friday night. A thousand people has been expecting to attend.

There are reports that initial tests on some of the students have come back negative for swine flu and that they may be suffering from a regular strain of the virus unrelated to the those cases from Mexico.

A form of swine flu is suspected of killing as many as 60 people in Mexico and sickened more than a thousand others. Officials with the Centers for Disease Control have confirmed eight people in the United States have contracted swine flu and will be keeping the American people updated.

President Barack Obama is also being updated on the outbreak.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Did curdledvomit retire and leave you in charge of the pandemic du jour?

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

ry_goody

I posted this on August 26th 2008 LAST YEAR in this thread
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=796975

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
I have a prophecy. Sometime mid 2009 a new disease is going to break out in the US. Theres gonna be a radical group that believes this was the governments doing and this is going to result in much protesting, eventual riots and nearly a civil war. The funding that will be required to deal with this internal affair, in combination with Iraq is going to drain the US quick enough that everyone will wake up to the economic crisis and attempt to do something. I don't know if the thing will fail as a whole from the economic crisis, but it might from something else going on during this period.

... The fly agaric told me. Although, that might just be a facetious way for it to get me moving out of the US and onward with something new in life. Mushrooms can be tricksters sometimes. Although fly agaric does feel very wise and serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renork View Post
Wtf, unless that is lab error, how can there possibly be a natural merging of those 4 viruses? Captain Trips is here!

Suspicions already exist it was human created

Last edited by ry_goody; 04-25-2009 at 04:24 AM..

Jack Fickleson

Quote:

Yes, because KILLING YOUR OWN PEOPLE BY THE MILLIONS is a great way to maintain power. Not that I'd put it past Bush for a revenge ploy- oh, right, Bush is supposed to be completely retarded(seriously, you people need to pick one- is he an insane, evil man who murders millions, or is he mentally handicapped and unable to REED GUD? Can't be both!)

I don't believe at all that this was an intentional man-made plague designed to kill people. Hailing from Mexico? No doubt a mutated bug from the filthy conditions(insert SamFarber idiot racist rant about it being the fault of non-whites. Go on, I dare you!) picked up by locals, spread to tourists and taken back home.

It also sounds like it's mostly fatal in undeveloped areas(AS MOST DISEASES ARE) but in the USA it's been curable. If I were going to engineer a strain to thin the population, I'd engineer super-AIDS that's airborne and works in hours, with a vaccine made and anyone I wanted spared to be inoculated prior to release. Not something curable by normal means. Oh, and it'd be a painful death. If you're evil enough to kill people with a super-virus, you're evil enough to make them suffer.

Or just use briefcase/portable nukes to wipe out cities. Be faster. Not as clean, but faster.

If it was human created, it was probably one of those things made solely to engineer a cure against(cure it before it can form on its own) and got out by accident. But in Mexico?

I'm not going to panic unless people start dropping dead by the thousands, which I don't see happening. And if it does, panicking won't really help, will it?

Jack Fickleson

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Did curdledvomit retire and leave you in charge of the pandemic du jour?

It's really not justified to chew the guy out. True, it's probabaly not a "big deal" virus, but at least I know about it thanks to this thread. Usually if I get sick I stay home and ride it out but it MIGHT just be worth going to the doctor over if I start getting bad flu symptoms, K?

Internets LOL

Quote:

even a broken clock is right two times a day.

Jason

Quote:

Might that have to do with the fact that Obama was in Mexico City, the very place that this virus started, just over a week ago?

p1c4z0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Fickleson View Post
Yes, because KILLING YOUR OWN PEOPLE BY THE MILLIONS is a great way to maintain power. Not that I'd put it past Bush for a revenge ploy- oh, right, Bush is supposed to be completely retarded(seriously, you people need to pick one- is he an insane, evil man who murders millions, or is he mentally handicapped and unable to REED GUD? Can't be both!)

I don't believe at all that this was an intentional man-made plague designed to kill people. Hailing from Mexico? No doubt a mutated bug from the filthy conditions(insert SamFarber idiot racist rant about it being the fault of non-whites. Go on, I dare you!) picked up by locals, spread to tourists and taken back home.

It also sounds like it's mostly fatal in undeveloped areas(AS MOST DISEASES ARE) but in the USA it's been curable. If I were going to engineer a strain to thin the population, I'd engineer super-AIDS that's airborne and works in hours, with a vaccine made and anyone I wanted spared to be inoculated prior to release. Not something curable by normal means. Oh, and it'd be a painful death. If you're evil enough to kill people with a super-virus, you're evil enough to make them suffer.

Or just use briefcase/portable nukes to wipe out cities. Be faster. Not as clean, but faster.

If it was human created, it was probably one of those things made solely to engineer a cure against(cure it before it can form on its own) and got out by accident. But in Mexico?

I'm not going to panic unless people start dropping dead by the thousands, which I don't see happening. And if it does, panicking won't really help, will it?

ಠ_ಠ

¿Que?

Renork

From CNN: Confirmed outbreaks in Kansas and NYC.

Blow-Hard

And here I am, thinking the government was going to make me flee for my life to the Boundary Waters, not some flu virus. Great.

Member of the [M]innesota Vikings Fan Club

Renork

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/un_un_mex...xrA3JlbGF0ZWQ-

Quote:
WHO Director-General Margaret Chan said the outbreak in Mexico and the United States constituted a "public health emergency of international concern."

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Fickleson View Post
It's really not justified to chew the guy out. True, it's probabaly not a "big deal" virus, but at least I know about it thanks to this thread. Usually if I get sick I stay home and ride it out but it MIGHT just be worth going to the doctor over if I start getting bad flu symptoms, K?
This was all over tv, radio and yes....even interwebnet.com news before this thread was posted. If you count on Genmay or any other forum for your Pandemic heads up...you're already fucked.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v