General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Let me help you remove the leftovers of flatlander beliefs in your mind <3

This is something very important for you to realize if the evolutionary progression of humanity is important to you at all.


I was listening to a talk the other day that was discussing what exactly psychedellic drugs are all about. And it said this:

"We have discovered another dimension. Almost in the same way the europeans discovered another world, only 500 years ago. In 1992 we will celebrate the 500th anniversery of Columbus's discovery of America. Now notice when Columbus set out from spain, there was a large body of intelligent opinion which believed he was sailing over the edge of the world, that literally, he was sailing out of the mind. And instead, what lay at the end of that voyage was real estate. Immense amounts of real estate and we have come to terms with that and in fact now inhabit what 500 years ago was not even on the maps. It was in the unconcious. Now it is in the center of the global economy."

The author shall remain unnamed, unless anyone really wants to know.

Now this thread has NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to do with drugs.

But this is a very interesting concept for me to think about. That at one point, in the flatland days, people believed if you went off far enough one direction. You would simply fall off of existence, because reality was essentially flat.

But really we know, you go far enough one direction and you loop back around to where you started from.

The flatlanders belief system was largely based on a straight line -------
you start at one point, you go to the end point and thats the end, the end of existence, it's over and done with

However, actual reality is based on the circle O
you start at one point, you go one direction and simply end up at where you started

Imagine for a moment, your a flatlander. The intelligent opinion of your time is that the earth was flat, that you go far enough one direction, and your just going to fall off into non-existence. You then, being a flatlander, set off to sail, you go one direction. But instead of falling off the edge of the earth, you simply loop back around to where you started. Think about what a mindfuck that must have been. Your expecting existence to end, expecting to be done with the thing forever. But then instead, somehow magically, you end up right where you started. At the moment this happened, it would defy all logic of the time. It would completely break the mind of a flatlander. It would be quite diffucult to turn your straight line belief - into a circular belief O One would feel very trapped. But also, so much more would instantly make sense about the area surrounding you.

It's a good thing the western world realized this about the earth. Obviously.

But I make this thread to point out that many of you still operate on left over flatlander beliefs without even realizing it.

Let us again reiterate the basic philosophical premise of flatland belief. The straight line -
You start at one point, you go to the end point, and thats it. It's over.

Whereas actual reality is not a straight line, it is the circle O
You start at one point, go one direction, and simply end up right where you started.

Now during the early days of the western world, back when they believed the earth was flat, back when they were operating on straight line logic. Other philosophical assumptions were made because of the flatland/straightline logic. One such philosophical assumption that was made based off flatlander logic is the western conception of death.

This notion that permeates the western world that your born, you then go through life and then you die, and thats it, your done. This is straight-line/flatlander logic. That you start at one point, you go through life, and then it's the end, like a straight-line, that is leftover flatlander notion. This flatlander viewpoint of death permeates up through Christianity, into mormonism, even up into the modern scietific rational atheist. All these groups, there conception of death is resting upon old, antiquicated flatlander notions of reality.

When the truth is, the circle, O, the circle is the truth of reality. You start at one point, you go through life, you reach the edge of the thing. And lo and behold! It's actually right where you began.

I would urge all of you that are still operating on a straight line/flatlander conception of death to UPGRADE your concept with this new found fact we have that the inherint pattern which all of reality conforms to is the circle O. And realize. When you die, you ain't goin nowhere.

This is an interesting thing I've always found about you scientific rational atheists. You critisize the Christian concept of heaven so much. But yet, your concept of death is resting up the same exact philosophical misconception as the Christian concept of death. Both the Scientific Rational Atheist and Christian conceptions of death are flatlander leftovers, they are both straight-line belief systems that have not come to terms with the circular O nature of reality.

See christianity sells Heaven to it's believers as an escape. The people in power have made such a shitty place to live that they have to sell the followers on heaven so that they feel like they will someday get out of it. When really. They don't. Christians, when you die, your just gonna come right back here and do it all over again and over again and over again. The people who you have sold your soul to through proclaiming adherence to a book (metaphor), these entities that guide your death and rebirth simply give you amnesia at birth so you don't fall out of the slave cycles by realizing, you've already done this same shit for the past 2,000 years.

However on the contrary. Scientific Rational Atheists (will be called SRAtheists from here on) operate on this same escapist system of death. The people who dictate the beliefs of the SRAtheist sell there followers on the concept on non-existance at death, for the SAME EXACT reason Christians sell there followers on Heaven. Because the current structure is so shitty, that if you knew you would just keep doing it over and over again, you would stop.

And right there is the true reason so many of you have not upgraded beyond Flatland/Straigtliner logic in your conception of death. Because you like the idea of escaping at death. You do not want to be here for eternity. Think about it for a moment. If you knew that what you were doing right now you would simply re-experience over and over and over and over. Would you keep doing it, or would you change something? You all very well know you have only submitted, accepted certain things on the notion they are temporary. That you only have to deal with it for 4 years, for 20 years, for 40 years.

The Christian/SRAtheist societal structure relies upon an escapist death to function. Because if the people knew they would be repeating the same shit for another 2000 years of awareness, they would change it.

Its easier for you to keep believing your going to escape at death than to realize your actually going to keep doing all this shit that annoys you over and over and over for essentially eternity. That is the ONLY reason why you have not upgraded beyond the flatland/straightline notion of death and realized that the circle O is the true governor of all patterns of reality.

Now at this point I'm sure the SRAtheist Fanboi that has Dawkins dick buried deep in your rectum is habitually regurgitating that pre-meditated line that has absolutely no concious, active, thought put behind "But where is your evidence". And as Dawkins thrusts it a little deeper you think a little harder "BUT YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE". As Dawkins orgasms you go into a spastic fury "OMGSGS YTUR STOOPID YOU HAVE NO FUCKING EVIDENCE STUFU FSIJOS REINCARNATON IS STOPPID"

Woah there turbo. Im not talking about any religious stuff here. I'm just talking about paying attention to actual reality and what truly is. Lets calm down there and apply some actualy concious thought to that. Put your pre-meditated lines on hold JUST TEMPORARILY. Yes "where is the evidence" is a pre-meditated line. It's like saying "but the bible says ____" and repeating it over and over in the face of actually having to use your fucking brain

So lets put the pre-meditated lines on hold and TURN ON THE BRAINS. ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THIS. Your actually going to THINK instead of simply REPEAT things you READ FROM BOOKS.

I want you to get excited about this. This is what the cool people do. They think, they don't simply read, your going to be cool doing this. THINK. FUCKING THINK. YOUR GOING TO THINK. YOUR GOING TO COME UP WITH A NEW THOUGHT. NEW WORDS ARE GOING TO GO THROUGH YOUR BRAIN THAT ARE NOT PRE-MEDITATED, THAT YOU DID NOT READ FROM A BOOK AND YOUR GOING TO EVALUATE THESE WORDS BY YOUR OWN CONCIOUSNESS, NOT SOMEONE ELSES THAT YOU READ FROM A BOOK

Alright so are you ready? New words. New thoughts. No pre-mediated thoughts. Close your copy/paste notepad file. NEW WORDS, NEW THOUGHTS.

Here it is. No one really knows what the fuck happens when you die.

Let that set in.

No one really knows what the fuck happens when you die.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No just because you read a book on biology, this does not mean your more informed on death. No just because you read the bible does not mean your more informed on death.

No one really knows what the fuck happens when you die. It is a MYSTERY.

Where do you go? Is there heaven? Do you lose all awareness? WHO THE FUCK KNOWS. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO PROVIDE ANY EVIDENCE ON THIS AT ALL. No ONE, from ANY school of thought has provided sound evidence on this notion. Not even the SRAtheists, death is a MYSTERY to all. YOU ARE NOT MORE INFORMED ON THIS. NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS. ITS A FUCKING MYSTERY

Remove all your pre-meditated thoughts on death. And for a moment. Just feel reality. No this isn't a screen. This is a condensation of energy. This is a mass of vibrating colorful nano-sized geometric formations. Feel it as a vibration of energy. The entire area around you is composed out of this same material, feel the entire area around you as just a vibration of energy. (the truth rests in this vibration)

Stop the cycles of thought in your brain. And simply listen to yourself breathe in.
breathe in deeply and slowly now
Let the noise of the rushing air fill your brain and drown out any thoughts. Breath out slowly, let the noise of your breath override any thoughts in your brain. Simply hear the sound of your breathing.

Seriously do this. Breathe in............... breathe out......... breathe in ........... breathe out.......
only let the sound of your breathing enter into your brain. Don't let thoughts form. Only hear the sound of your breath.
Breathe in............... breathe out......... breathe in ........... breathe out.......
Your breath is your cycle of existence. This circular rhythm of breath is the root upon which your existence is sustained.
you can feel the truth of that statement simply by feeling, and listening to yourself breathe

Now still. Hold off words. Hold off the words. Listen to the breath and in your mind imagine a straight line -----------------

a straight line floating right in the middle of your head -----------

Let this straight line and the sound of your breath be the only thing that exists in your head


Now imagine the planet earth. Imagine the moon. The milky way. The galaxy. All those pictures of hubble telescope. See the universe.

Now find somewhere that this straight line exists in the universe.

Try to place this straight line somewhere in the universe.

Think of all the planets. The solar systems. The stars. The pathways of orbiting moons. The pathways of coments. And try to find a perfectly straight line somewhere in the universe

And then notice. The straight line fits no where in the universe. This is because the straight line is a fantasy, the straight line is the like the Unicorn of mathematics. It simply doesn't exist, it's just a fantasy to amuse the amaeturs. Because in actual reality, any straight line extended for infinity will eventually loop back around around to it's origin starting point and will actually be a circle O

Any straight line you see in reality is just a short segment of a really really really REALLY big circle. Even these straight lines on this web page. Are simply small segments of a REALLY big circle.

The circle is the fundamental pattern which everything adheres to. The circle. This is the one innate truth to reality that is exhbited anywhere in nature you look. This is the most basic, fundamental truth to all of existence. The end, is simply the begining. The straight line is just a fantasy, the circle is the true pattern. Everything follows the circle.

Now no one knows what happens at death, no one has any evidence. But unless your a fucking FLATLANDER FANTASY STRAIGHT LINE LOGICIAN existing only because of left-over cultural retardation from some 3000 years ago (no I dont know exact date). You will find no reason to end your adherence to this core fundamental pattern, and truth, of reality, the circle O, when you enter to the subject of death. Like everything in existence, every fucking thing in existence, the circle O, not the straight line, is the core principle of pattern. You do not start at one point, go one way and then have it end, like a fantasy straight line, YOU DO NOT FALL OF THE FUCKING EDGE OF EXISTENCE. You rather, start at one point, go one way and you loop back around to exactly where you started.

There is not a single fucking intelligent reason in existence to make an exception to this unbroken pattern of ALL reality

I urge you to come to terms with the truth of the circle and remove the flatlander delusion of straight line philosophies from your brain. Death, like all things, follows the circle. This is the innate, original, obvious, assumption on the nature of death. The only reason one would deviate is if they traversed through flatlander delusion.

Now this doesnt mean that your going to remember what you have done for the past 20,000 years ( in actuallity well over 2 billion ). But this is inconsequential. You do not necessarily need the specifics of the past memories. All you must do is be aware of eternity.

The awareness that is aware of eternity has been the same awareness for the entirety of it's existence, 2 billion years to infinity.

Hopefully with the nonsense of the straight line removed from you, and the circle (hopefully) implanted in it's place. Let us now philosophize about the circle. No we aren't talking science here, we aren't talking evidence here. We are philosophizing. This means thinking. No one really knows what is true here, this is just philosophizing. Yes, even you ex-flatlander can philosophize on the circular nature of reality too.

What lives on after you die? Your body? No flesh dissolves, we know this. Your concioussness? Concioussness is electrical, atomic, and is not necessarily in the dissolving molecules of flesh. But I personally believe that even 'your' concioussness, the aspect of your concioussness that can think 'me'. That dissolves at death. I think whats left is simply the awareness of existence. The simple awareness of floating in space, this never leaves. You are always aware you are floating through space, you have been aware of this for billions of years. Your body, your flesh, and thus your ego forms over this, and then it dissolves, only for a new flesh and ego to form over this SAME awarness. The body changes, the ego changes, but the awareness of existence that inhabits the body remains the same.

You can verify this yourself. Your awareness exists without you, close your eyes, forget your body. Your still aware. This insinuates to me that when your body physically dissolves, "YOU" wont be aware. There is no "you" or "I" without the body. But 'The' awareness will exist. The void awareness. And over this. An infant body will form, that will be aware of its origin, until it hits the Christian\SRAtheist\Flatlander philosophical leftovers and amnesia is given to it.

So yes. Come to terms with the the circular nature of reality and it's relation to death. Your not escaping. The only way were getting heaven is if we manifest it here. The only way were getting non-existance and escape is if we manage to manifest it here. The awareness underlying your body is going to continue to be aware through the bodies of the next generation... and the next generation... forever... eternity.


Now the other aspect to overcoming the flatlander leftovers is coming to terms with, all energy you send out, will come back to you.

The belief that you can send some energy out. Hate, fear, love, anger. Whatever. and that this energy is just going to go in a straight line away from you ------ and then fall off the face of the earth and into non-existence. This is a left over of flatlander/straight line logic. Every single bit of energy you send out, like all other energy in existence, follows the pattern of the circle O. It will come back to you.

Everything you send out will make its way back to you, in some way, in some form, somehow. This is simply the dynamics of the energy which compose human interaction.

I find most Americans don't like this because, instead of having to account for every bit of energy they send out. They instead want to believe in some commandments, they want to follow some words, and then send shit energy out everywhere and have everyone excuse them because they were following some commandments or 'evidences'. I'm sorry, this is not how it works. The energy of human interaction does not follow commandments, it does not follow words. It follows the circle. Whatever you send out, will loop back and come back to you, in someway, at some point, some how. This is not an ideology, this is not a belief, this is not a religious assumption. This is simply paying attention to reality and recognizing. Straight lines don't exist, that you need to move beyond lefotver flatland beliefs, and realize, everything follows the fundamental pattern of the circle, NOT the striaght line. Things do not just go off one way, and dissapear, fall off the edge of the flat earth. Rather, all things, ALL energy, loops back around to it's origin. Everything, Absolutely every little thing you send out, will come back to you at some point.

Once you realize this and you decide stop sending out so much shit. You will have to endure all the shit coming back to you for a number of years. But if you stop sending out shit, eventually shit will stop coming back to you. And then you can use this dynamic of energy to your advantage.

Thank you. That is all.

If you can integrate the circle into your philosophical assumptions. Might I recomend next, the hexagon circumscribed in the circle

and then. Make that three dimensional. and then... it will tell you what to do next

Last edited by ry_goody; 07-21-2009 at 12:52 AM..
Old 07-21-2009, 12:40 AM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Who's turn is it?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 07-21-2009, 02:41 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

Jack Fickleson
 
Jack Fickleson's Avatar
 
Nice way to mistake random chemicals mucking with your brain and sensory perceptions as "new experiences".

Another dimension? What moronic fucking excuses will the drug addicts come up with next to justify their crutch habits? "No, you see, beating my girlfriend up when I'm high is the way the universe intended things to happen!"
__________________
I used to be known on these forums as ForeverLurk-MK2. However, I abandoned my racial views long ago and am no longer a Neo-Nazi.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:55 AM Jack Fickleson is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

Omega31589
 
As soon as you stated that "Now notice when Columbus set out from spain, there was a large body of intelligent opinion which believed he was sailing over the edge of the world" you completely lost all credibility. The Ancient Greeks proved mathematically that the Earth was a sphere, and predicted its circumference to within a 1% margin of error. In fact, it was common knowledge in the Renaissance that the Earth was a sphere.

Good job building your whole argument on an inherently wrong metaphor.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:17 PM Omega31589 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega31589 View Post
As soon as you stated that "Now notice when Columbus set out from spain, there was a large body of intelligent opinion which believed he was sailing over the edge of the world" you completely lost all credibility. The Ancient Greeks proved mathematically that the Earth was a sphere, and predicted its circumference to within a 1% margin of error. In fact, it was common knowledge in the Renaissance that the Earth was a sphere.

Good job building your whole argument on an inherently wrong metaphor.

columbus did not set off from ancient greece

I know there are cultures that never traversed through flatland retardation in their developmental chains

my point was, YOU did, and YOU have leftovers of this still in you
Old 07-21-2009, 03:16 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Fickleson View Post
Nice way to mistake random chemicals mucking with your brain and sensory perceptions as "new experiences".

Another dimension? What moronic fucking excuses will the drug addicts come up with next to justify their crutch habits? "No, you see, beating my girlfriend up when I'm high is the way the universe intended things to happen!"

Biological Psychiatry is pseudoscience.

I'm trying to keep this thread grounded on firm reality here. Lets not venture into the land of 'proffesional OPINION'

but this thread has nothing to do with drugs. The specifics of all that are completely inconsequential to the point I made.

And the guy was not talking about just drugs. He was talking about ancient shamanic tools for interdimensional travel. Humanity has been using these tools for well over 10,000 years for this purpose. The western world has just began to stumble upon these ancient technologies and ignorantly classified them as 'hallucinogen', 'drug'... even the term 'pscychedellic' is a bit of an understatement. They are tools for interdimensional travel. The surgance of sci-fi film and movies in the US dealing with interdimensional travel, like the game Half-Life, and that series Stargate or what have you. These are all abstract metaphors to these ancient shamanic tools. You do not need to walk through a big expensive portal to see alien structures. You simply need to eat a sufficient dosage of a naturally occuring plant. Humanity has been doing this since it's very begining. Every single Culture that has not been corrupted by Christian Inquisition knows this. The Christian inquisition went to incredible lengths to remove this knowledge from you so that they could sell stories of the 'mystical dimension' to you in books, rather than you seeing it first hand. That is why this notion, Mr EX-Christian, is absurd to you. Not because it's absurd, but because you are an EX-CHRISTIAN.

Now read my entire first post, it will help you remove some more of that leftover Christianity still rampant in your brain.

Btw. Homicides occur on alcohol (your drug). Not psilocybin. Keep your imagination contained within reality just a little bit here.

Last edited by ry_goody; 07-21-2009 at 03:34 PM..
Old 07-21-2009, 03:17 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

Frenetic
 
Frenetic's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
but this thread has nothing to do with drugs.

Quote:
I was listening to a talk the other day that was discussing what exactly psychedellic drugs are all about
hmmmm

Also, congradulations on making ANOTHER FUCKING THREAD about hexagons and circles, and how their energy affects the universe. One surely wasn't enough.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:28 PM Frenetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
hmmmm

Also, congradulations on making ANOTHER FUCKING THREAD about hexagons and circles, and how their energy affects the universe. One surely wasn't enough.

no, this thread is about flatlanders
Old 07-21-2009, 04:34 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
No one really knows what the fuck happens when you die. It is a MYSTERY.

Where do you go? Is there heaven? Do you lose all awareness? WHO THE FUCK KNOWS. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO PROVIDE ANY EVIDENCE ON THIS AT ALL.
Nope. Thanks to science, we know awareness comes from the brain, even which aspects are governed by different regions. It's a functional organ, just like your heart pumps blood and your lungs cycle air. We even know, to some extent -- again, through statistics applied to observations -- what fucking it up with drugs does to perception.

Quote:
Because in actual reality, any straight line extended for infinity will eventually loop back around around to it's origin starting point and will actually be a circle O
This is, of course, plainly idiotic, as curvature naively depends on the geometry of the ambient space, and is in fact intrinsic.

Your "actual reality" that ignores mathematics would be a non-starter even if you weren't appealing to your dipshit understanding thereof to justify it.

Quote:
No we aren't talking science here, we aren't talking evidence here. We are philosophizing. This means thinking.
You still need logic to do philosophy -- that is, think.

You fail.

Good day.
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 07-21-2009, 05:05 PM möbiustrip is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

UTRocketMan
 
I'm not touching this, someone else's turn.

But I like that Half-Life is a metaphor for getting really fucking high.

I also like that you assume that if you go out the edge of universe, you'll loop back around to the beginning. I would think that was true, because that is how our planet works, but to draw that out and apply it to a universe scale seems like a mighty stretch. Going around are planet does not literally take out of a 3 dimensional reality. I imagine leaving the universe would.

Also, I would not characterize the afterlife beliefs of many religions as an ending line. Rather, an infinite line. Also, the universe does not appear to follow a "big crunch" pattern, what if the universe itself is undergoing a linear transmission through time, and does "repeat" itself?

I would also say that yes, depending on the scientific interpretation you use for time, "your timeline" merely repeats itself, or goes through every possible permutation of your life. If it were possible for you to move through the 4th (or 5th) dimensions, then you could repeat your life over and over again. It just depends on your position in time.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:06 PM UTRocketMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

Frenetic
 
Frenetic's Avatar
 
I like how ry_goody implies that using science and empirical evidence isn't really thinking.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:29 PM Frenetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip View Post
Nope. Thanks to science, we know awareness comes from the brain, even which aspects are governed by different regions. It's a functional organ, just like your heart pumps blood and your lungs cycle air. We even know, to some extent -- again, through statistics applied to observations -- what fucking it up with drugs does to perception.

No, you are wrong. The evidence of science shows that there is an ASSOCIATION of conciousness to the chemicals in the brain. An association. There isn't a single lick of evidence to show it originates from the chemicals in the brain.

You know the television set has many lights and electrons firing off here and there, but you would have to be pretty dumb to presume that the programming originates from inside the television.

It is an association.

You give two people the same exact chemicals, so there chemical composition is exactly the same. You will get two different experiences. This is because concioussness is not the chemicals. But rather, concioussness transfuses through the chemicals.


Quote:
curvature naively depends on the geometry of the ambient space,
time and space is innately curved

Last edited by ry_goody; 07-21-2009 at 06:57 PM..
Old 07-21-2009, 06:47 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

ry_goody
 
ry_goody's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
I like how ry_goody implies that using science and empirical evidence isn't really thinking.

Well if your thinking by the structures of scientific thought. Thats certainly thinking. But most people I argue with on here don't do that. They themselves don't think scientifically, they just repeat and compare to other scientific-sounding things they've read.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:49 PM ry_goody is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

Frenetic
 
Frenetic's Avatar
 
Yes, but we're philosophizing here, so that means we (you) can't really be wrong about our thoughts on chemical reactions and reaching new planes of conciousness, apparently.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:53 PM Frenetic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

Renork
 
Renork's Avatar
 
/sigh

ry_goody threads always sadden me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
You know the television set has many lights and electrons firing off here and there, but you would have to be pretty dumb to presume that the programming originates from inside the television.

at your analogy.

It might would work if we just pulling the signal for the television out of thin air with no explanation for it. The TV station as well as the information stored there that has been, is being, or will be sent to the TV can all be reasonably described as extensions of the TV, or more accurately the TV network.

Just as the mind is an extension of the physical properties of the brain. Our perception of cognition exists because it was evolutionarily advantageous. There is nothing magical about it.
__________________
.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:54 PM Renork is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.