Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renork View Post
/sigh

ry_goody threads always sadden me.

at your analogy.

It might would work if we just pulling the signal for the television out of thin air with no explanation for it. The TV station as well as the information stored there that has been, is being, or will be sent to the TV can all be reasonably described as extensions of the TV, or more accurately the TV network.

Just as the mind is an extension of the physical properties of the brain. Our perception of cognition exists because it was evolutionarily advantageous. There is nothing magical about it.

My point was not to say that concioussness has no origin and we are just pulling it out of thin air magically. Quite the contary. What the core of concioussnes actually is, thats a subject entirely onto itself, but it is a very intricate, very-existing system, that is most definantely not chemical based.

My point with that anology was simply to demonstrate that association does not equal causation. Simply because the brain lights up under certain feelings does not mean that it is originating from the brain. The evidence is associative.

Yes certainly concioussness transfuses through the biochemical processes of the brain, but there is not evidence to believe that it originates in the biochemical process. I've personally come to understand the biochemical process of the brain as more like a highly intricate switch board. That concioussness is essentially a process of electrical phenomena at the atomic, or quantum level of matter, a layer that underlays molecular interaction altogether. And then from this deeper layer of matter where concioussnes lays, it sends signals up out of it, that transfuse out through all molecular, and biochemical interactions to then distribute them to the rightful place in the body.

You can give a person a chemical to alter this switchboard of biochemical process, and thus the concioussness that ends up coming out of the body will alter. But at the core, at the level deeper than molecular interaction where concioussness resides, concioussness remains the same.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
Yes, but we're philosophizing here, so that means we (you) can't really be wrong about our thoughts on chemical reactions and reaching new planes of conciousness, apparently.

well its just a simple fact that the evidence to assert conciousness originates from biochemical process is associative and not causal

but other than that. it is very open to abstract thinking.

you know my favorite models of how reality function don't even make sense in the english language at all...

Gibonius

ITT: ry_goody acts smug and superior about his cobbled together alternative culture, which has never produced anything of value.

It's impossible to exist outside of the framework of culture in today's society. Your goofy nonsense is obviously driven by a desire to be outside of the mainstream, which is ironically how you condemn "scientific rational atheism." Rationalism and science grew as a method to obtain knowledge, and has succeeded magnificently at that. Your gibberish grew as a childish attempt to be different, and has accomplished pretty much nothing. We don't need to reinvent the wheel all the time. Not everything needs to be shiny and new.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTRocketMan View Post
I'm not touching this, someone else's turn.

But I like that Half-Life is a metaphor for getting really fucking high.

I also like that you assume that if you go out the edge of universe, you'll loop back around to the beginning. I would think that was true, because that is how our planet works, but to draw that out and apply it to a universe scale seems like a mighty stretch. Going around are planet does not literally take out of a 3 dimensional reality. I imagine leaving the universe would.

Also, I would not characterize the afterlife beliefs of many religions as an ending line. Rather, an infinite line. Also, the universe does not appear to follow a "big crunch" pattern, what if the universe itself is undergoing a linear transmission through time, and does "repeat" itself?

I would also say that yes, depending on the scientific interpretation you use for time, "your timeline" merely repeats itself, or goes through every possible permutation of your life. If it were possible for you to move through the 4th (or 5th) dimensions, then you could repeat your life over and over again. It just depends on your position in time.

if its repeating, it's because it's cycling

Linearity is just a simplification of reality for mathematical amateurs.

I mean einstein did show that all spacetime in the presence of matter (energy) is curved. Meaning, all spacetime in the presence of existence is curved.

Anything in space and time that is existing is innately curved. The circular nature is inescapable to existence.

Which is an interesting thought, what happens outside of existence? Wouldn't that go on ifinitely linearly?

Well outside existence is non-existence. The void as some would call it. And in the void, there is no forward and backward. As it is non-existing. The void is perfectly still. There is no motion.

So if your getting the intuition that there is another pattern to the progression of reality besides the circle. Yes it's a correct intuition. But that other pattern is not the straight line. It's rather stillness. Non-existnece. The void.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
ITT: ry_goody acts smug and superior about his cobbled together alternative culture, which has never produced anything of value.

It's impossible to exist outside of the framework of culture in today's society. Your goofy nonsense is obviously driven by a desire to be outside of the mainstream, which is ironically how you condemn "scientific rational atheism." Rationalism and science grew as a method to obtain knowledge, and has succeeded magnificently at that. Your gibberish grew as a childish attempt to be different, and has accomplished pretty much nothing. We don't need to reinvent the wheel all the time. Not everything needs to be shiny and new.

my goofy nonsense is driven by nothing other to get you over left over flatlander delusions

yes I knwo flatlander delusion is still integrated into the mainstream but that doesnt make it correct

and yes. Someone who has scraped all the flatlander left overs out of there brain does hold philosophically superior position to those that havent

Last edited by ry_goody; 07-21-2009 at 07:49 PM..

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
my goofy nonsense is driven by nothing other to get you over left over flatlander delusions

yes I knwo flatlander delusion is still integrated into the mainstream but that doesnt make it correct

and yes. Someone who has scraped all the flatlander left overs out of there brain does hold philosophically superior position to those that havent

Your alternative set of delusions is not any better.

ry_goody

Quote:
Your alternative set of delusions is not any better.

theres no delusion or illusion on my part. im just saying pay attention to whats actually there

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_goody View Post
theres no delusion or illusion on my part. im just saying pay attention to whats actually there

You're not enlightened. You just regurgitate different shit from the sheep you make fun of. You can't get off McKenna's cock, you swallow Nassim Haramein's load readily. What have you ever done by yourself? You're not any different than ten thousand other "alternative culture" acid soaked hippies out there.

wingedbuttmonkey

Guys, I just drank a bunch of coffee and I'm on a caffeine high. I"M TRANSVERSING THROUGH MULTIPLE DIMENSIONS!! holy fuck im trippin balls here

sir tex

I can't wait for you to OD.

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingedbuttmonkey View Post
Guys, I just drank a bunch of coffee and I'm on a caffeine high. I"M TRANSVERSING THROUGH MULTIPLE DIMENSIONS!! holy fuck im trippin balls here

people have reported some pretty wild experiences from extremely high dosages of caffeine, like 1 gram +

ry_goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
I can't wait for you to OD.

you cant OD on weed or LSD

ry_goody

Quote:
You're not enlightened. You just regurgitate different shit from the sheep you make fun of. You can't get off McKenna's cock, you swallow Nassim Haramein's load readily. What have you ever done by yourself? You're not any different than ten thousand other "alternative culture" acid soaked hippies out there.

this connection of the flatlanders to the western concept of death is completely novel

and getting the leftovers of the flatlanders out of your head doesnt make you 'enlightened' but it might make you a little more philosophically intelligent

wingedbuttmonkey

Let me help you remove the leftovers of retardlander beliefs in your mind <3

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

why does thread not locked?